Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Cancel Culture Thread. Update: Diddy’s personal LoveAir LLC jet is currently grounded on a Caribbean island

No way folks were mad at what he said.

I fucking hate these people. They ruining everything

Nobody was mad at all. Calling shit "woke cancel culture" has become a catch all phrase for anything. I said that in another thread that people use the term cancel to describe any and every damn time something happens publicly

...and Isaiah Washington lost his job for calling someone a faggot, blah blah blah. Anyone that says "woke", "cancel" and "culture" on a frequent basis with a serious infliction in today's environment gets zero sympathy from me. Niggas is really letting the system tell them how to be offended. Then try to use the same thought process we used to figure out that we've been getting fucked for 400 years. What if we don't give a fuck, and just want the bullshit to be recognized? They've held us captive for so long they only see us as victims... so now when the slightest inconvenience happens, they can only play victim. Losing a coaching job ain't getting shot in the street like a dog... chill the fuck out. I miss the days where "man" wasn't a trigger word.

No way folks were mad at what he said.

I fucking hate these people. They ruining everything

On a side note, I thought he was saying "I own you" because of the fact that he frequently beats them at home. Didn't they just announce dude has some stake in the Bears franchise now? He was basically hitting them with a subliminal. lol

On a side note, I thought he was saying "I own you" because of the fact that he frequently beats them at home. Didn't they just announce dude has some stake in the Bears franchise now? He was basically hitting them with a subliminal. lol

Naw. You cant have a stake in a team and play for another team. That gotta be against the rules lolol

I'm tired of the gaslighting.

I can agree that the whole cancel culture narrative is overblown, but these people out here talking about cancel culture doesn't exist are just lying. They usually try to claim its a myth by stating one of two things.

1) Nobody is really cancelled. That's bullshit. People like Dave Chapelle don't get cancelled because they have too big a following. However, everyone ain't Dave and people try the same tactics against lesser known people and it absolutely works. But that doesn't even matter. Just because an effort isn't successful doesn't mean you didn't make that effort. Yes, people are trying to cancel other people. They might not always get it done, but they are still putting in the effort.

That argument usually leads into:

2) It's not cancelling. It's just criticism. Again, bullshit. Let's use the Dave Chapelle fiasco as an example. People try to act like Trans people weren't trying to cancel Dave. They were just criticizing his special. That's a flat out lie. It's not like people were just writing articles and making Youtube thought pieces explaining why Dave's jokes were wrong or just letting it be known that they didn't like the jokes and wouldn't be supporting him anymore. People were protesting him and trying to get his material removed from NetFlix and shows cancelled. That's not just offering criticism.

Then they end off by saying something like "It's not cancelling. It's just consequences." That's just dumb. Cancelling can be a consequence. If you believe trying to cancel someone is justified then just be honest and say that. Stop lying and acting like that not what you're trying to do.

Back