Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can we talk about Land? WANT FREE LAND IN THE US? 31 WAYS YOU CAN GET IT IN 2021

The spot I copped near Grayling, MI is in Crawford County.

Not sure what they're basing this info on, but land in Elko County, NV is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than $3,734 an acre, same for Humboldt County. Right now there's 42 acres in Hubmoldt going for $4995; that's only $118.92 an acre (and now I'm mad I even looked that up 'cause now I want to buy it and I won't have the money for a few weeks). Pershing and Esmerelda counties also got some cheap land.

Got a question, when yall looking at land what are some of the key things it has to have? I was looking and saw some that had access to gas and plumbing of sort and others in the middle of no where.

Also are you looking to a aquire and hold in hopes or to sell at a later date?

Do you also buy sight unseen and go based off the layout of the property?

Got a question, when yall looking at land what are some of the key things it has to have? I was looking and saw some that had access to gas and plumbing of sort and others in the middle of no where.

Also are you looking to a aquire and hold in hopes or to sell at a later date?

Do you also buy sight unseen and go based off the layout of the property?
I’m grabbing to hold and must see it in person.

Don’t ever buy off the word

How yall feel about families selling off land that's wit them for decades?

My s/o got a text from her dad this morning that he and his sisters sold off their her grandparents house AND the land. The property itself is a hop...skip...jump from the beach. I'm talmbout folks would pay actually 500-750k. Hell...that property could go for milli.

But I'm disappointed. Disappointed b/c that could've been kept in their family for the next generation. Also...they made the decision w/o even including the kids. Didn't bother gettin their thoughts. Her brother and cousin even offered to buy the house and fix up. Just so it can stay in the family.

I remember my dad and his sisters...pretty much had to fight their own sister off. B/c she was attempting some underhanded shyt by trying to sell piece of the land, w/o even tellin them. Even went to the county to try and put her name down as the executive over the land. Good thing my Dad and his other sisters were able to prevent it. Land still wit the family.

I say all that to say...land has ALWAYS been black folks biggest commodity. Which is why I've always urged black folks if they can...buy some. Then keep it w/n the family for future generations. But are lookin to sell it...know EXACTLY how much your property is worth. Don't allow anybody to short change you.

And if a relative tries to pull some underhanded shyt by trying to take your property...you treat them like you would if they was a stranger. Even if that means taking them to court. Always remember it's YOUR land. No one has the right to snatch it away from you. Keep up wit the taxes. Always make the payments. Do everything you can to keep greedy vultures from taking it away.

Ok my rant is done.

My s/o got a text from her dad this morning that he and his sisters sold off their her grandparents house AND the land. The property itself is a hop...skip...jump from the beach. I'm talmbout folks would pay actually 500-750k. Hell...that property could go for milli.

But I'm disappointed. Disappointed b/c that could've been kept in their family for the next generation. Also...they made the decision w/o even including the kids. Didn't bother gettin their thoughts. Her brother and cousin even offered to buy the house and fix up. Just so it can stay in the family.

I remember my dad and his sisters...pretty much had to fight their own sister off. B/c she was attempting some underhanded shyt by trying to sell piece of the land, w/o even tellin them. Even went to the county to try and put her name down as the executive over the land. Good thing my Dad and his other sisters were able to prevent it. Land still wit the family.

I say all that to say...land has ALWAYS been black folks biggest commodity. Which is why I've always urged black folks if they can...buy some. Then keep it w/n the family for future generations. But are lookin to sell it...know EXACTLY how much your property is worth. Don't allow anybody to short change you.

And if a relative tries to pull some underhanded shyt by trying to take your property...you treat them like you would if they was a stranger. Even if that means taking them to court. Always remember it's YOUR land. No one has the right to snatch it away from you. Keep up wit the taxes. Always make the payments. Do everything you can to keep greedy vultures from taking it away.

Ok my rant is done.
Never sell the land.

more can’t be made.

Ok my rant is done.

My grandmoms passed land in Texas on to my moms and her siblings. Unc was like "sell it", moms and my aunt hung on to it but needed help with paying up the taxes. That land ended up being oil rich and now they get money from it.

My Native grandmoms passed last year. The land was to go to her kids, but since my pops passed his part of it went to his kids: me and my siblings. Granny had it leased out to a farming operation and it's provided money to her for years after finally retiring; now it's ours. It's still going through probate but once that's done we'll get a lump sum and start getting monthly checks from it.

Keep that shit.

My grandmoms passed land in Texas on to my moms and her siblings. Unc was like "sell it", moms and my aunt hung on to it but needed help with paying up the taxes. That land ended up being oil rich and now they get money from it.

My Native grandmoms passed last year. The land was to go to her kids, but since my pops passed his part of it went to his kids: me and my siblings. Granny had it leased out to a farming operation and it's provided money to her for years after finally retiring; now it's ours. It's still going through probate but once that's done we'll get a lump sum and start getting monthly checks from it.

Keep that shit.

Your post deserves this many...
p-1-90292497-can-tree-hungry-goats-help-stop-the-next-wildfire.jpg

bump... id like to pick some of yalls brains on this topic.

For those of yall that have purchased land before, i'm curious what factors went into your decision making to purchase the land you did. Residential, recreational, farming or something else?

What made you purchase the land where you purchased it if it wasnt in the same state that you reside?

Out in the boonies or near something thats already established and developed somewhat?

When looking for new purchases what are some of the things yall consider?

just compiling a list of links from the multiple land threads on here so I can come back later in one place

bump... id like to pick some of yalls brains on this topic.

For those of yall that have purchased land before, i'm curious what factors went into your decision making to purchase the land you did. Residential, recreational, farming or something else?

What made you purchase the land where you purchased it if it wasnt in the same state that you reside?

Out in the boonies or near something thats already established and developed somewhat?

When looking for new purchases what are some of the things yall consider?
Access and potential

Back