Welcome To aBlackWeb

Can Somebody Give Me An Intelligent Explanation Of Why The Patriots Cut Tom Brady?

Would have just been better by tanking. I honestly don't think the pats have a plan to replace tb12.

They did kind of tank by bringing in Cam. They brought in a injured and possibly washed up Cam. If they have a particular draft target and have an idea of the range they need to be in to pick said target. Why not give the illusion of trying to compete to your fan base by bringing in Cam. The whole time they know Cam and the talent around him only good enough to win but a certain amount of games.

So basically they did tank but the gave the illusion they did everything but tank.

With the way their season ended it wasn’t a surprise that the Pats let him walk. 9 times outta 10 that happens. Had Brady stayed they probably make the playoffs but they wouldn’t of did shit. Tampa had the plan & they pulled it off. Cam was never gonna be the true replacement but I expected more outta him.

It boils down to solely the contract...

Brady wanted a long-term contract after the 28-3 (falcons) Superbowl, one that would guarantee he would be the QB 'til he was 45.

Bill wasn't willing to commit multiple years then and even after the Philly or Rams Superbowls, so Brady subtly voiced his frustrations to the media during training camp of his penultimate season in NE and both he & Bill decided to part ways.

The talent at receiver was nowhere close to being a factor. He just wanted security 'cause he knew with Bill's ruthless roster management style, a short deal or year-to-year deal was leaving him on shaky ground.

Of course when choosing his new and unfamiliar team; talent level, coaching etc. start to take more precedent (after the assurance of his desired contract length).

Brady was giving the Patriots the hometown discount for a minute. So there was a certain way that Bill was running that franchise and Brady went along with it. At some point Brady wanted certain things, more money, more years, basically everything he thought he earned. Patriots were seeing a decline in play and were not willing to give more years.The truth is, Brady was not truly declining to the extent they thought. The roster sucked and he had little to work with. Which is why he goes to TB and plays w REAL NFL WRs and balls out and wins a superbowl.

Back