Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Camron: Purple Haze 2

Uh oh...

Cam sounding washed
i was a big cam fan, from when he first popped onto the scene, up until killa season. But he has been washed for a minute now. one big reason, imo, is its cool to sound cocky and arrogant when you late teens early 20s, but when you still saying the same shit 20 years later you just look sorry. no real growth and its hard to play that role all the time.

also, he done used up all his cool witty lines, now he just saying metaphors and shit that sound like someone trying to imitate purple haze cam.

i was a big cam fan, from when he first popped onto the scene, up until killa season. But he has been washed for a minute now. one big reason, imo, is its cool to sound cocky and arrogant when you late teens early 20s, but when you still saying the same shit 20 years later you just look sorry. no real growth and its hard to play that role all the time.

also, he done used up all his cool witty lines, now he just saying metaphors and shit that sound like someone trying to imitate purple haze cam.
It’s the beats .... nothing s really changed w Cam just the production been wack for a minute.... that nigga just rapping over anything .....Heatmakerz low key fell off overthinking their beats....Aarabbmusik too....

I listen to Diplomatic Immunity weekly at least and those beats were so fire it ain’t even matter that then niggas could barely rap

Stillmatic

Probably the closest one imho.

I did love Cuban Linx 2 tho. I thought every beat on that LP was absolutely fucking ridiculous - even Dr. Dre brought his A-game - but them niggas over at Wu-Tang Corp swore to Allah the production was weak

Killa Cam always been my nigga but the beats have been suspect since he stopped working with Araabmusik and the mixing/mastering quality has been even worse. I can't have any sort of expectations for Purple Haze 2 until i see some known producers attached.

Back