Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Buying Back the Hood

BDP™️

Acknowledge Moi
move back to the hood

Been trying to reconcile my feelings about this...

On one hand especially with families you want to get outta that type of environment...so we leave...I think where we fuck up is not going back...even if not to live just still be amongst your people man

its designed to be bad so when we do make it. Our exp was so terrible we like "fuck the hood...i aint going back"

shit is so complicated

Been trying to reconcile my feelings about this...

On one hand especially with families you want to get outta that type of environment...so we leave...I think where we fuck up is not going back...even if not to live just still be amongst your people man

its designed to be bad so when we do make it. Our exp was so terrible we like "fuck the hood...i aint going back"

shit is so complicated
I agree with you, but you can't be expect shit to change doing nothing. Then when white folks gentrify the hood we call foul. Nah nigga you let them have it because they saw the value in what was under your nose.

I understand not wanting to raise kids here, but it ain't no real reason for young single professionals.

I agree with you, but you can't be expect shit to change doing nothing. Then when white folks gentrify the hood we call foul. Nah nigga you let them have it because they saw the value in what was under your nose.

I understand not wanting to raise kids here, but it ain't no real reason for young single professionals.

My family ended up buying an extra lot right next to my late grandmothers house. My aunt that lives there now got it looking nice

the plots there are cheap af...I think she bought that other lot for like 5 grand

now im contemplating buying one and putting a house on it to rent out

My family ended up buying an extra lot right next to my late grandmothers house. My aunt that lives there now got it looking nice

the plots there are cheap af...I think she bought that other lot for like 5 grand

now im contemplating buying one and putting a house on it to rent out
I just bought a half acre in the hood for cheap as fuck.
There really isn't an excuse.
A family with a decent tax return could own a block in 5-10 years.

nothing but truth in this

imo niggas chose to keep indulging in that life when in fact its easy to get out and go legit if you really want to

I just bought a half acre in the hood for cheap as fuck.
There really isn't an excuse.
A family with a decent tax return could own a block in 5-10 years.

Define "cheap as fuck"

How many of yall have real estate experience on here? Might have to make a real estate thread

Define "cheap as fuck"

How many of yall have real estate experience on here? Might have to make a real estate thread
Well I got it for free from a church that owned a gang of back taxes. Just had to pay the taxes off, which was about market value.
Got 22,000 sqft for 24k

Define "cheap as fuck"

i thought there was one

this whole exchange should be a a thread, and I think Dos made one similiar

but the thing is, its gonna take more than just one household to stay in the community

if black people as a whole really were serious about it, they would pool resources together to buy out Apu, Ling Ling, etc...

either force them to sell so that the dollar stays black in the community, OR, dont support them to the point where they are forced to sell b/c no one will shop there

White folks gentrify the hood all the time.. how can we be proactive and take steps to invest in our own communities before they come around and buy shit for pennies on the dollar?

Feel free to drop strategies, real estate tips/resources. Things to look out for etc.

@AP21 Feel free to move any relevant posts

@OhMars @BDP™️

this goes to what killer mike said about the school shit

black people with affluence and influence should be buying up small corners at a time. Get the resources, and build ya own schools and staff them with people that look like us. You dont HAVE to subscribe to the state's curriculum for standardized testing or any of that common core shit

Teach the subjects/trades you want to teach

White folks gentrify the hood all the time.. how can we be proactive and take steps to invest in our own communities before they come around and buy shit for pennies on the dollar?

Feel free to drop strategies, real estate tips/resources. Things to look out for etc.

@AP21 Feel free to move any relevant posts

@OhMars @BDP™️

First and foremost IMO we have to look at our hoods with the same value that these white developers do...

One thing that has been stated several time on here is our tendency as a people to want instant tangible results...and thats not always the case in buisness and real estate...shit takes months and even years of planning and execution.

so i would say the first step we need to take is develop patience...

be more like the tortoise and less like the hare

Shop black and move back to the hood. Inspiration to the youth is better then money

The moving back to the hood is one thing I don't really agree with Killer Mike about. Nobody is telling white people to move back to the trailer park when they achieve some success. Black people should remember where they came from and always help out the hood however they can, but if you increase your station, you should be able to live accordingly.

The moving back to the hood is one thing I don't really agree with Killer Mike about. Nobody is telling white people to move back to the trailer park when they achieve some success. Black people should remember where they came from and always help out the hood however they can, but if you increase your station, you should be able to live accordingly.
put it like this, to me, and i might be alone in this

if you white, and in the trailer park, YOU fucked up your privilege

if you black, and in the hood, you were more than likely born there and have to overcome a lot of shit just to get out

fuck it, now that i think about it, if i had the resources, I would buy up the trailer parks and make them cacs pay me money every month

A white developer will see a hood thats in close proximity to downtown...and make plans to turn that area into an entertainment or shopping district

if there are corporations and businessess that operate downtown...they flipping the hood into condos and metro residential homes for the young professionals that work there...

we gotta have that type of vision

put it like this, to me, and i might be alone in this

if you white, and in the trailer park, YOU fucked up your privilege

if you black, and in the hood, you were more than likely born there and have to overcome a lot of shit just to get out

fuck it, now that i think about it, if i had the resources, I would buy up the trailer parks and make them cacs pay me money every month

thats what they do to us...

you think them fucked up apartment complexes owned by blacks?

Why not elevate the place where you come from? Why add your value to another area. Make the "hood" the place to be.

Why not elevate the place where you come from? Why add your value to another area. Make the "hood" the place to be.

I think organising with like-minded people is key as well.

We can have the greatest of intentions to improve the hood but how do we address those with the crab in a barrel mentality that just dont give a fuck about nothing and just want to tear shit down?

Back