Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Buying and Managing Property/Land

I'm kinda fried right now...

But this is a topic that I'm kinda versed on.

Be the nigga on the books who pay the taxes

Even if everything else dumb.... The nigga who pay the taxes will win 10/10 my nigga

lol you back on earth now? What did you mean by this?

When I brought property I only brought it in cities and localities that had potential due to demographics shifting.

In the 90s and 2000s I was buying shit in the metro areas of the South because I knew in 30 years that the South was gonna have a young, upwardly mobile demographic compared to the North, Midwest and the West.

When you invest in something like land and property, you want it to become actualized as soon as possible with the biggest bang for your buck because that's rent income coming into your pocket to reinvest.

When I brought property I only brought it in cities and localities that had potential due to demographics shifting.

In the 90s and 2000s I was buying shit in the metro areas of the South because I knew in 30 years that the South was gonna have a young, upwardly mobile demographic compared to the North, Midwest and the West.

When you invest in something like land and property, you want it to become actualized as soon as possible with the biggest bang for your buck because that's rent income coming into your pocket to reinvest.

What are some of the indicators you look out for when seeing if there is a major demographic shift coming in the places you're looking at?

Howcome? Dealing with tenants? Delay of payments? Having to fix shit?

Being sleep in the bed with my wife and getting a call at 1:37AM for a fucking leak pisses me off. Now I'm up calling the home insurance emergency line to get someone out there to fix the shit.

I'll probably hire a property manager but just shit like that.

IMO if you want to make money you definitely can but it can weigh on you if you really care about being a good landlord and people.

I've been a landlord for 10yrs. It's cool but in that time I've found making money doing shit I like is better for me than just making money cause I can in certain fields.

Last edited:
What are some of the indicators you look out for when seeing if there is a major demographic shift coming in the places you're looking at?

How old people are.

How many college educated people there are.

How many children being born.

How high the cost of living is in a state.

Immigration flows from different countries.

America has a clear migration pattern anyway.

Millions of people fled the South after the Civil War because the slave society in the South ended and there were few opportunities. They went North and West.

Those same people ended up having families and shit, and they were more educated than their parents and was able to take advantages of opportunities in the West and the North.

But the issue is, economics and making money is a zero sum game.

The more industrialized and educated a society gets, the less opportunities there is to make a decent living being an average person.

So I knew everyone that went North and West will eventually have to come back South if they were rational. And the first people to leave is always Black people, since we are the ones that can't afford shit when cost of living goes up even 1 percent.

NYC, Cali and Chicago and shit was expensive in the 90s. It's just that the opportunities for a good education and a decent quality of life was worth it.

Just focus a state and research everything about that state, it's history, it's policies and etc. The. You'll have a good idea regarding it's demographics and how it works. Where do Black people live, where White people live, where the Latinos live, where the Asians live? Is the state heavily segregated and etc.

Every state is its own country, you gotta view it like that.

Back