Welcome To aBlackWeb

Buster Douglas vs Mike Tyson

Don't believe me... Take the time to watch. It's an education. Look specifically for differences

Watch the fights

This the first fight without Rooney.

It's Frank Bruno... actually one of the better heavy weights of that era.

But Tyson coming off his longest lay off up to that date. And his first fight without his long term trainer. This a couple fights before Douglas. But Tyson almost went down in the first after he punched himself out. he was winning the round 10-7 and almost let himself get ko'd in the same damn round

Dude never did that under Rooney. He wasn't as conditioned. He wasn't as sharp. And I believe that's why he took that loss against Douglas... He wasn't the same after Rooney. He wasn't training the same And that'swhy he was never right after jail.

You need the right person in your corner. Mike got rid of that??‍♂️

Buster's style gives Mike more problems then most think, he was bigger, had a longer reach and a good jab. Lewis almost used the same blueprint to beat Mike. Don't discredit Buster and give Mike too much credit because never beat anybody worth a damn and Holmes doesn't count.

I said it once and I'll say it again, Mike was overrated af and the could've, would've, should've argument doesn't work because potential doesn't cut it

He beat Michael Spinks, Razor Ruddock and he beat Michael Moore twice

And if you call Michael Moore a nobody, realize he beat Holyfield

its only 45 minutes...but when I was kid when Sports Media was still worth a damn, I used to watch ESPN Classic....and they had a great series called Sportscentury

I think this one came out around 2000....

The tyson could've would've and should've excuses
He got his ass beat end of story
People talking about tyson mental prollems and who wasn't in his corner like buster didn't just lose family too

There is a difference between an excuse and a reason....and quite frankly, this view is very simplistic

an in-shape, focused and properly managed Mike Tyson crushes Buster Douglass...

You make it seem as if he was simply dealing with minor family issues...

There is a difference between an excuse and a reason....and quite frankly, this view is very simplistic

Idc, if you running with these excuses then everybody who ever lost anything in life got something to fall back on cause their excuses are reasons too lol foh
Definitely not a hater of iron mike but I don't rank him as high as most u cats

Mike Jordan never won without scottie and Phil.

Ali never won without Angelo Dundee

Greatness is very rarely just one person

None of that hypothetical stuff matters.

They fought once and Buster Douglass beat him.

None of that hypothetical stuff matters.

They fought once and Buster Douglass beat him.

That means Buster was better on that night not that he was the better fighter. The fact that Buster faded into bolivion after that fight and Tyson went to jail, came back, and became champion again suggests Mike was better.

Back