Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bodega Worker Held On 250K Bond After Stabbing Man Who Attacked Him In Self Defense

A hard-working Manhattan bodega clerk who was forced to grab a knife to fend off a violent ex-con, now finds himself sitting behind bars at the notorious Rikers Island jail charged with murder and unable to post $250,000 bail.

The sky-high bail for Jose Alba — who has no known criminal history — was just half of what controversial Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office demanded, despite surveillance video showing the clerk being assaulted by his alleged victim in the bodega.

Alba, 51, was charged with the fatal stabbing of Austin Simon, 34, who can be seen storming behind the counter at the Hamilton Heights Grocery on Broadway and West 139th Street to attack the store worker Friday night.

“It was either him or the guy at the moment,” Alba’s daughter Yulissa told The Post Wednesday, saying it was a case of self-defense.
He’s never hurt anybody. He’s never had an altercation where he had to defend himself. This is the first time for him.”

The harrowing incident followed an argument Alba had with Simon’s girlfriend, whose EBT debit card was declined when she tried to use it to buy chips for her 10-year-old daughter at the store, police and law enforcement sources said.

The 32-year-old woman claimed Alba grabbed the snack out of her daughter’s hand — so she knocked over items on the counter and ran home to get Simon, who stormed into the bodega and attacked Alba about 10 minutes later.
During the fight, Simon’s girlfriend allegedly stabbed the worker in the shoulder with a knife she had in her purse, according to Alba’s defense attorney — but she is not facing charges.

Looking at the video of what happened. It can go either way. The video doesn't have sound so we can't hear what the dude was saying to the old man but this a tricky case. Might as well save that bail money for the best lawyer you can afford cause both sides have a good case.

Looking at the video of what happened. It can go either way. The video doesn't have sound so we can't hear what the dude was saying to the old man but this a tricky case. Might as well save that bail money for the best lawyer you can afford cause both sides have a good case.

I hear what you're saying but still think the average juror has got to side with the old man.
Dude came behind the counter and pushed the man down and was antagonizing. There was no expectations that he didn't fear for his own safety and shanked him up good as a result

I hear what you're saying but still think the average juror has got to side with the old man.
Dude came behind the counter and pushed the man down and was antagonizing. There was no expectations that he didn't fear for his own safety and shanked him up good as a result

The good thing for the old man is his lawyer only has to convince 1 out of the 12 jurors to see it his way. This just a situation where I can see both sides legally.

Good for him.

Judging from the video, he legitimately looked like he was in imminent danger, being trapped and physically assaulted by a very aggressive and much larger assailant.

I can’t fault him for his actions.

Fuck that coward and his bitch.

Unless, we’re not getting the whole story and the bitch lied and told her boyfriend that the old man laid hands on her.

Maybe there’s more here than meets the eye.

We’ll see.

It was all good... until it wasn't.

No way in hell ole girl's man went in there thinking "this might just be my last moment on earth". Dude was confident and aggressive as fuck, pushed an old man down, then yanked him up 'cause, you know, he's the man, gotta show the ladyfriend he's about that life and handle biz... until dude started stabbin' him up.

Free the shopkeep!

What part is fair?

GreatGreenBernesemountaindog-size_restricted.gif

Back