Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Bob Iger steps down as CEO of Disney

Mr.LV

OG
BUSINESS NEWS
FEBRUARY 25, 2020 / 4:20 PM / UPDATED 14 MINUTES AGO
Robert Iger to step down as Walt Disney CEO

(Reuters) - Walt Disney Co (DIS.N) on Tuesday said Robert Iger will step down as chief executive officer, to be replaced by Bob Chapek, effective immediately.

Chapek, who will be the seventh CEO in the company’s nearly 100-year history, has most recently served as the chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.

Iger will continue in the role of chairman through the end of his contract on Dec. 31, 2021, Disney said.

Iger, who has been CEO since 2005, has led the company through the development and launch of its Disney+ streaming service, which launched in November to demand that exceeded company expectations.

I don't think this affects mcu. Feige just finished getting ike perlmutter tf outta there so I don't care.

Bob got "woke" by the mouse:

giphy.gif

Wasn’t Iger trying to leave in 2018, but they convinced him to stay? I’m sure it may seem like spur of the moment to us, but you know they been planning it.

this won’t be a bad move. And if he was over the amusement parks... that Avatar ride was amazing!!

Bob made some power moves that even the haters have to respect. Owning Fox, Pixar, Marvel, and launching two competitive streaming apps is nothing to brush past.

Whoever was the CEO before him really fucked him over. Disney could've had Pixar on the cheap, if it wasn't for their ego and shortsightedness.

Bob aint leaving, he's just taking a step back while still in charge if the creative part of the business.

Think Walt and Roy Disney. Igor is Walt.

Wasn't Roy tryin to get Bob out couple of years ago?
I was talking about Roy who founded Disney with Walt.

You maybe talking about his son Roy E. But nah he gave Bob his co sign

Also in 2006, Roy E. Disney issued this statement regarding Iger:

Animation has always been the heart and soul of The Walt Disney Company, and it is wonderful to see Bob Iger and the company embraces that heritage by bringing the outstanding animation talent of the Pixar team back into the fold. This clearly solidifies The Walt Disney Company's position as the dominant leader in motion picture animation and we applaud and support Bob Iger's vision.

I was talking about Roy who founded Disney with Walt.

You maybe talking about his son Roy E. But nah he gave Bob his co sign

Also in 2006, Roy E. Disney issued this statement regarding Iger:

Animation has always been the heart and soul of The Walt Disney Company, and it is wonderful to see Bob Iger and the company embraces that heritage by bringing the outstanding animation talent of the Pixar team back into the fold. This clearly solidifies The Walt Disney Company's position as the dominant leader in motion picture animation and we applaud and support Bob Iger's vision.

Ok yeah Roy E. Wait who was the CEO b4 Bob then?

Back