Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black sitcoms ranked (by Naima Cochrane)

why is Family Matter so god tier? I really dont understand this other than its nostalgia in our hearts.

i forgot why they omitted sanford and son

How do you feel about Kenan & Kel being in the Top Tier, just 1 below god?

To me that's just as much nostalgia as Family Matters. but FM was better show in any way you wanna measure.

Yes towards the end of Family Matters the quality dropped off. But the craziness and absurdity that it was, that was all of Kenan & Kel

How do you feel about Kenan & Kel being in the Top Tier, just 1 below god?

To me that's just as much nostalgia as Family Matters. but FM was better show in any way you wanna measure.

Yes towards the end of Family Matters the quality dropped off. But the craziness and absurdity that it was, that was all of Kenan & Kel
i told ya'll why on the first couple of pages

how ya'll be coming into threads just going to the last page?

You think it aged bad and is unfunny. cool

Put all personal feelings aside, do you really think it belongs in Low Tier?
I think for what it was to see two black young men be the star of a show that got parlayed into a movie, merch and other shit, helped put Kenan into the stratosphere and landing on SNL.

But keeping it when it was on the air, those two brothas did more to me. I believe they also got writing credits as well but don't quote me

I think for what it was to see two black young men be the star of a show that got parlayed into a movie, merch and other shit, helped put Kenan into the stratosphere and landing on SNL.

But keeping it when it was on the air, those two brothas did more to me. I believe they also got writing credits as well but don't quote me

Cool I can respect that.

But FM did that too for Jaleel White in the 90's. He was legit one of the biggest TV stars in the early to mid 90's.

Family Matters Low Tier is just blasphemous imo. For me, I feel like Family Matters is God Tier. Wayans Bros. and Jamie Foxx is Top Tier to me. A Different World was corny to me I never really fucked with it, but compared to other shows on the list and its positive, cultural impact, should be Top Tier not God Tier. I'd swap it for My Wife & Kids, Black-ish or Everybody Hates Chris though. Kenan & Kel a little high, should be Mid tier. Move Bernie Mac and Living Single to Top Tier, Family Matters and Good Times to God Tier.

God Tier: Martin, Fresh Prince, Cosby, Family Matters, Jeffersons, Sandford & Son, Good Times, My Wife & Kids

Top Tier: Jamie Foxx, A Different World, Living Single, Everybody Hates Chris, Blackish, The Game, Black-ish, Wayans Bros.

Low Tier: Sister Sister, Smart Guy, The Parkers, The Proud Family, Half & Half, One on One

Everything else Mid Tier.

I can agree with this even tho The Jamie Foxx Show is my favorite. I'd add moesha to top tier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many shows in GOD TIER, if niggas didn’t make sure they was in the house by show time than it wasn’t God tier!

Living Single and Bernie Mac gotta fall back a spot.

Living Single was just as popular as Martin or Fresh Prince during it's run.

And you damn right niggas was in the house by 8 on Thursday's to watch Martin, Living Single, then New York Undercover on Fox.

Back