Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black real estate agents arrested at a philly starbucks for not ordering anything

To all my chi west siders off topic but i remember a starbucks being in the hood around roosevelt/homan somewhere.

Shit barely lasted a year before shuttin down. They seemed to get steady business.

Anyone remember that?

Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is nasty

Not sayin' it's good, but their flavored shots (French Vanilla, Hazlenut, Almomd, Rasberry etc.) help w/ the taste. That is if you're into creamers.

But SB coffee is bad and bitter. They buy the lowest quality dark roast beans they can get their hands. The info is out there.

I want you to really think about wtf youre saying. You are asking Black folks to boycott the police and to protest in front of the police station??? In the past idk—-whew—- 4, 5, 6, 8 years where the fuck have you been when Black people were gunned down by the cops and folks marched, yelled, screamed, cried and begged in front of police stations around the country???!?? Futhermore, what came of it? here Ill tell you, ACQUITTAL AFTER ACQUITTAL AFTER ACQUITTAL.

When niggas protest at the starbucks and stop the establishment from making money for the entire day, thats what you call direct action. America speaks money and dassit. It makes more sense to defund, disinvest a franchise for its racist actions instead of yelling at an entity AKA the cops who dont give a damn in the first place.

Its clear who has more to lose here, thats why you see starbucks CEO rushing to smooth things over and not the fucking pigs.

That part

so im seeing videos popping up of people (who most likely dont even fuck with starbucks) going in the stores and asking to use the restrooms and being denied lol

that shit is wack and still needs to be addressed, true enough...but why are you going out of your way to go create that conflict?

fuck them, keep your money, get coffee and piss somewhere else if this incident burned you that bad.....you blowing them up making videos tho

traceable????

starbucks cards???

I mean I guess but who is gonna do that??

the people that "trace" shit dont typically "trace" anything implementing their own

you right about the donations and power flow though

traceable????

starbucks cards???

I mean I guess but who is gonna do that??

the people that "trace" shit dont typically "trace" anything implementing their own

you right about the donations and power flow though
i thought u meant something else

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-ne...ees-spike-in-business-after-starbucks-fallout

Minority-owned coffee shop in Prince George's County sees spike in business after Starbucks fallout
LAUREL, Md.

- A minority-owned coffee shop in Prince George’s County is reporting a boost in sales following the Starbucks controversy in Philadelphia.

The arrest of two African American men has sparked a national debate about racial profiling and has also fueled an influx of patrons searching for coffee shop alternatives.

More than Java Cafe, a coffee shop owned by Tabitha Clark in Laurel, has reported a spike in business falling the Starbucks fallout.

“We've more than tripled what we would normally have here. We tripled. It was non-stop,” Clark explained to FOX 5’s Tisha Lewis.

The two men arrested at the Starbucks in Philadelphia, Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson, said they were meeting a third man at the coffee shop to discuss a real estate deal.

When they entered the Starbucks, Nelson said he asked the employees to use the restroom, but was told he needed to make a purchase first. The men said that they told the employees they didn’t need anything to drink and that police were called just two minutes after their arrival to the coffee shop.

Clark said she has no issue with non-customers coming into More Than Java Cafe to use the restroom or to hangout, but said it’s a case-by-case basis.

“As long as you are not someone who is disrespecting the place or bothering customers, I'm OK with it,” Clark said.

Clark said she will sit on a panel and join other minority-business owners in California next week to talk about the Philadelphia incident help create solutions for similar situations.

Starbucks announced more than 8,000 of its U.S. based stores would be closing on May 29 to conduct racial-bias training for its nearly 175,000 workers.

I don't understand how black people can subscribe to any form of group thought. Statements like "you can't trust these white liberals" make no sense coming from a black person. We've basically spend our collective existences in this country trying to get ignorant CaCs to understand that you can't judge individual people for good or bad by the labels attached to them. That is literally how white people have attacked us for a couple centuries now. You shouldn't have some general trust for a white person because they are liberal. Hell you shouldn't have some general trust for a black person just because they are black. You got to take everybody for who they are based on their own thoughts and actions.

Save that kumbaya shit. White people in the US as a whole have shown us how they collectively feel about black people. Giving white people the benefit of the doubt at this point is pointless. Nothing to gain by understanding them or seeing their sides. And trying to not look like hypocrites is a wack excuse.

Black people are way too nice

Save that kumbaya shit. White people in the US as a whole have shown us how they collectively feel about black people. Giving white people the benefit of the doubt at this point is pointless. Nothing to gain by understanding them or seeing their sides. And trying to not look like hypocrites is a wack excuse.

Black people are way too nice

I'm just going to chalk you quoting me up to being an accident because your post doesn't really have anything to do with what I said. And if you're trying to claim that every single white person in the US is an evil racist, you're an idiot because that's clearly not true. I don't care how much you dislike the the white race as a collective, it's demonstrably wrong that all of them are bad. That's not a matter of giving anybody the benefit of the doubt. That's just acknowledging reality.

Back