Welcome To aBlackWeb

Black Excellence baby, we gon let em see...

Pretty sure I’ve always been the only skater on the IC/ABW but this shit is exciting to me anyway.

Remember when Chris Rock joked about black people dominating most sports and comin for the few the whites have left? Well it’s kinda skateboardings turn right now. Black people have always been skating but definitely killin the game now. If you asked who dropped the heaviest videos lately you’ll hear the names Zion Wright, Ishod Wair, Nyjah Huston, Tyshawn Jones.

Thrashers “Skater Of The Year” is the closest thing we have to a big award that matters.

Last year Tyshawn Jones deservingly won SOTY. He’s a 20 year old from the Bronx, big sponsors are Adidas and Supreme. Kid doesn’t smoke or drink, a bit of a rare example in skateboarding, and opened up a restaurant in The Bronx called... “Tastes So Good (makes you wanna smack yo momma)” lmao. He’s employing his homies there, owns Hardies Hardware (skate/clothing brand).

Kid is doing it right. I’ve met him skating in the streets a couple times and he’s a humble dude despite the hypebeast nature of Supreme marketing.

Adidas gave him a pro shoe, New York Times just did a great profile on him (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/29/magazine/tyshawn-jones.html ), he’s getting a huge push as a mainstream star lately.

He killed shit all year then dropped his SOTY clinching video part in the new Supreme video “Blessed”. Supreme is still being too stingy to let it live on YouTube so I’m posting random other TJ clips.

His claim to fame is what we call “pop.” Ups basically, how high he blasts his tricks off the ground is kinda something never seen before.

Also the skate industry has always been heavily California based but TJ is definitely one of the dudes putting east coast skating in spotlight.

91Y2JP.gif
27-F79092-848-E-432-A-A743-4-BE5-B91-C5880.jpg

1570742578977.gif 1570742669460.jpeg

I-D mag dropped this profile video yesterday. Interviewed a few fried OG skaters who sound dumb when they talk but most of it was good.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I’ve always been the only skater on the IC/ABW but this shit is exciting to me anyway.

Remember when Chris Rock joked about black people dominating most sports and comin for the few the whites have left? Well it’s kinda skateboardings turn right now. Black people have always been skating but definitely killin the game now. If you asked who dropped the heaviest videos lately you’ll hear the names Zion Wright, Ishod Wair, Nyjah Huston, Tyshawn Jones.

Thrashers “Skater Of The Year” is the closest thing we have to a big award that matters.

Last year Tyshawn Jones deservingly won SOTY. He’s a 20 year old from the Bronx, big sponsors are Adidas and Supreme. Kid doesn’t smoke or drink, a bit of a rare example in skateboarding, and opened up a restaurant in The Bronx called... “Tastes So Good (makes you wanna smack yo momma)” lmao. He’s employing his homies there, owns Hardies Hardware (skate/clothing brand).

Kid is doing it right. I’ve met him skating in the streets a couple times and he’s a humble dude despite the hypebeast nature of Supreme marketing.

Adidas gave him a pro shoe, New York Times just did a great profile on him (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/29/magazine/tyshawn-jones.html ), he’s getting a huge push as a mainstream star lately.

He killed shit all year then dropped his SOTY clinching video part in the new Supreme video “Blessed”. Supreme is still being too stingy to let it live on YouTube so I’m posting random other TJ clips.

His claim to fame is what we call “pop.” Ups basically, how high he blasts his tricks off the ground is kinda something never seen before.

Also the skate industry has always been heavily California based but TJ is definitely one of the dudes putting east coast skating in spotlight.

91Y2JP.gif

View attachment 177445View attachment 177446

needs its own thread bruh

91Y2JP.gif
27-F79092-848-E-432-A-A743-4-BE5-B91-C5880.jpg

View attachment 177445View attachment 177446

I-D mag dropped this profile video yesterday. Interviewed a few fried OG skaters who sound dumb when they talk but most of it was good.

Good for him.

Imma read up on this.
Sounds interesting.
I m going to make a cancer thread shortly.....They are close to a cure for all cancers....I wonder if she's apart of it.

Back