Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Billionaire pedo Epstein Arrested for Sex Trafficking of Minors

test

Report: In Trump World, Acosta’s Job Depends On How Long He’s In The News

Secretary of Labor Alex Acosta’s job is safe — for now.

According to people familiar with the matter who spoke to Politico, the White House is paying close attention to the coverage of Acosta’s role in the decade-old lenient plea deal for accused pedophile and billionaire Jeffrey Epstein. President Trump is reportedly likely to keep Acosta in his current position and will only become concerned if his labor secretary’s time in the news cycle lingers, according to the report. Politico’s sources said Trump will give Acosta the “benefit of the doubt,” in Politico’s words, given the President’s own history of facing accusations of sexual assault.

However, as Bloomberg reports, Acosta’s employment in the Trump administration was already on thin ice even before the new charges against Epstein came to light. According to people familiar with the matter who spoke to Bloomberg, White House officials and people in the business community are frustrated with the speed at which Acosta is issuing deregulations — he’s not moving fast enough. Two of Bloomberg’s sources claim Acosta’s time in the administration is short.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has already called for Acosta’s resignation, as has Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) and the Miami Herald’s editorial board.

The 2008 sweetheart deal that Acosta had a hand in has come under increased scrutiny in the past two days after Epstein was charged with allegedly running a sex-trafficking ring with underage girls in the early 2000s. Epstein now faces up to 45 years in prison.

But back in 2008 when he was charged with other sex crimes, Epstein was given a 13-month prison sentence and allowed work release so he could come and go from the jail. Acosta was the prosecutor in the case.

Trump Claims He ‘Wasn’t A Fan’ Of Epstein

President Donald Trump on Tuesday claimed he “wasn’t a fan” of billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who this week was charged with sex trafficking of minors.

“I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him, I mean people in Palm Beach knew him. He was a fixture in Palm Beach,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office. “I had a falling out with him a long time ago. I don’t think I’ve spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn’t a fan.”

Trump told New York Magazine in 2002 that Epstein was a “terrific guy” and even referenced the billionaire’s attraction to women “on the younger side.”

“He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side,” Trump said at the time. “No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

A Trump Organization lawyer told the Washington Post on Monday that Trump had banned Epstein from visiting Mar-A-Lago in 2007 when Epstein was first charged with child sex abuse.

On Tuesday in the Oval Office, Trump also defended Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, who as a federal prosecutor in Florida oversaw Epstein’s astonishingly light plea deal in his criminal case in 2008.

“I feel very badly actually for Secretary Acosta, because I’ve known him as being somebody that works so hard and has done such a good job,” Trump said. “I feel badly about that whole situation.”

Trump also said that “everybody else” in the criminal justice system would probably look back on their past decisions and “wish they maybe did it a different way.”

“I do hear that there were a lot of people involved in that decision, not just him,” Trump added.

As Trump Pushed Him Away, Epstein Bragged He Introduced POTUS And Melania

As President Trump has made concerted efforts over the last few years to distance himself from his past business associate, billionaire and accused pedophile Jeffrey Epstein has been bragging that he introduced President Trump and the first lady.

According to a New York Times report about the business and social ties between Trump and Epstein, the wealthy political financier has been telling people since Trump was elected president that he was the reason Trump and Melania Trump first met.

Melania Trump has only ever said that she and Trump met when the then-real estate mogul asked for her phone number at the Kit Kat Club in 1998 during Fashion Week.

Epstein was charged in Manhattan on Monday with running a sex trafficking ring with underage girls in the early 2000s. Epstein’s political ties run deep and have come under increased scrutiny since the charges were dropped earlier this week. Former President Bill Clinton was known to have a long-running friendship with Epstein as well, but a spokesperson told the media earlier this week that Clinton was unaware of his crimes.

Trump downplayed his past relationship with Epstein while speaking to reporters in the Oval Office on Tuesday. He said he wasn’t a “fan” of the billionaire and said the two had a dispute more than 15 years ago and hadn’t talked since.

That presser an his explainations were ridiculous and the fact that Epstein has infinite means ... means having to register as a sex offender was no scarlett letter.. it didnt outcast or hinder anything thing because he flys above the clouds so to speak...Acosta was up there bullshitting its a special type of stupid/arrogance to think that you arent transparent.

Back