Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bill Passed To Make Minimum Wage $15 Country Wide

This reminds me of when amazon made the min wage $15 and people were freaking out on reddit. People selfish & bitter that those entry level positions pay, was too close to the pay of their professions that they deem more important. Blinded by their own self righteousness, that they didnt even once consider that they might be underpaid as well.

Stop thinking and acting like slaves. I’ve never seen so many people talk down their own financial success:

4. Increasing the minimum wage will result in fewer jobs, so we shouldn’t raise it.

In fact, studies show that in states where the minimum wage has been increased, the number of jobs increases. That’s because minimum-wage workers have more money to spend – resulting in more jobs, and also saving employers money on employee turnover.

America’s lurch toward widening inequality can be reversed. But doing so will require bold political steps. And the American public must know the facts.

So don’t listen to the right-wing lies about inequality. Know the truth, and act on it.

Last edited:
Stop thinking and acting like slaves. I’ve never seen so many people talk down their own financial success:

4. Increasing the minimum wage will result in fewer jobs, so we shouldn’t raise it.

In fact, studies show that in states where the minimum wage has been increased, the number of jobs increases. That’s because minimum-wage workers have more money to spend – resulting in more jobs, and also saving employers money on employee turnover.

America’s lurch toward widening inequality can be reversed. But doing so will require bold political steps. And the American public must know the facts.

So don’t listen to the right-wing lies about inequality. Know the truth, and act on it.

Before assuming you know my intent, asking would be more helpful.

The tweet I shared is from the Senate majority leader. In the tweet he states that the Senate will not be taking up this issue. Therefore the bill is dead.

What’s wrong with this? Shouldn’t this be everyone’s goal?
Can only be rich if there are the poor. And if that be the case, which it is, everyone needs to stop trying to "help" the poor cuz without the poor there is no rich. But it seems we like to pretend to care about the poor, pretend to give them a bit extra money etc etc meanwhile it's all smoke and mirrors BS.

The 4 Biggest Conservative Lies About Inequality

1. The rich and CEOs are America’s job creators, so we dare not tax them.

The truth is the middle class and poor are the job-creators through their purchases of goods and services. If they don’t have enough purchasing power because they’re not paid enough, companies won’t create more jobs and the economy won’t grow. The giant Trump-Republican tax cut for corporations and the rich hasn’t trickled down to ordinary Americans. It’s just made the rich even richer.

2. People are paid what they’re worth in the market, so we shouldn’t tamper with pay.

Wrong. Four decades ago, CEOs of big companies got 30 times the pay of typical workers. Now they get 361 times their workers’ pay. It’s not because they’ve done such a great job, but because they control the compensation committees of their boards. They’re using corporate profits to buy back even more shares of stock so their total compensation rises even more.

And, they’re monopolizing the economy at the same time.

Meanwhile, most American workers earn nearly the same today as they did forty years ago, adjusted for inflation. That’s not because they’re working less hard now, but because they don’t have strong unions bargaining for them, as they did then.

3. Any child can make it in America with enough guts, gumption, and intelligence, so we don’t need to do anything for poor and working-class kids.

The truth is we already do next to nothing for poor and working class kids. Their schools don’t have enough teachers or staff, their textbooks are outdated, they lack science labs, their school buildings are falling apart. We don’t help with costs of child care. We don’t invest in early childhood education. We spend less educating poor kids than we do educating kids from wealthy families.

My first job in 2003 was the minimum $6.40/hr. In 16 yrs min wage hasnt even increased by $2?? ($8.25 today)

Lets not even get started on constant tax increases and new things they find to tax.

If not minimum wage increase then what else?

damn we in canada is at 14- 15 hr

On the other hand, alot of people get their big payday and turn into terrible employees and the employer doesn't see a return on their big investments in human workers.

Think John Wall, Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge.

On the other hand, alot of people get their big payday and turn into terrible employees and the employer doesn't see a return on their big investments in human workers.

NBA examples ain’t the same as the average person tho. Most people would be less stressed with more money

:sayword:

NBA examples ain’t the same as the average person tho. Most people would be less stressed with more money
I gave you examples to illustrate my point. If I mentioned John Doe from Anywhere, USA you wouldn't get my analogy.

Now define "most". Anything over half the working population? An overwhelming majority of workers? Or most people you know?

People are quick to say what "most people" do with zero statistics to back up their claims.

And my NBA analogy is accurate considering most NBA players are severely lacking in crucial areas of the game be it shooting, foul shooting, defense, speed, or overall athleticism. Shaq is the most dominant big man in the history of the sport but never developed a foul shot and did not stay in shape despite being paid millions if dollars.

Charles Barkley, Carmelo Anthony, Andrew Bynum. The list goes on.

My point: paying more does not have a direct correlation on the quality of work.

Can only be rich if there are the poor. And if that be the case, which it is, everyone needs to stop trying to "help" the poor cuz without the poor there is no rich. But it seems we like to pretend to care about the poor, pretend to give them a bit extra money etc etc meanwhile it's all smoke and mirrors BS.
But what’s stopping the poor from being in a better financial position other than themselves? They are poor due to their decisions are they not? How will $15 make any difference when their expenses will increase as well.

Back