Welcome To aBlackWeb

Big Daddy Kane: Eminem Is The Kobe Bryant of Hip Hop

The Eminem Show, Music To Be Murdered By, The Marshall Mathers LP have top shelf production. Some of the best produced albums across all genres

And he himself produced these albums did the whole production on TES and MTBMB and half the production on The MMLP

Gotta start putting some of these cats on the spot and ask what Eminem songs are they bumping. Bet a lotta cats would get quiet quickly. Peers always throw out how great dude is but I doubt if they're really listening to that shyt. lol
I think they listen to the album once or twice and move on from it.

I think John Stockton is a better comparison. Phenomenal technical ability, but doesn't get the same appreciation we give Jay (Jordan) cuz he doesn't have a universally accepted hip hop classic (ring). Also, his best days were with his better half of a duo (Dre/Malone).

Please don't besmirch john Stocktons good name.

Eminem is steve nash. The great white hype, has a couple MVP's but did he really deserve them or was the timing right?
Great offense no defense unless you everlast, Mariah Carey or MGK.

/Thread.

Please don't besmirch john Stocktons good name.

Eminem is steve nash. The great white hype, has a couple MVP's but did he really deserve them or was the timing right?
Great offense no defense unless you everlast, Mariah Carey or MGK.

/Thread.
Stockton was closer to getting a ring than Nash as a player (Nash won two working with the Warriors). Stockton was the greatest point guard of his generation hands down. Regardless of whether Em has a classic (ring), we can't deny he's one of the best skill wise, definitely the best white rapper of all time... if that even means anything. We'll eventually give Stockton his flowers, as we will Em.

Sidebar: To anyone that disagrees with me about Em not having a classic (welcome back Shadyteam), I'm an Em fan so most of his albums cept the last 3 are personal classics. But the hip hop community as a whole isn't gonna accept albums with Just Lose It, Berserk and We Made You as universal hip hop classics. We give him his 1st three if that, but that's it.

Stockton was closer to getting a ring than Nash as a player (Nash won two working with the Warriors). Stockton was the greatest point guard of his generation hands down. Regardless of whether Em has a classic (ring), we can't deny he's one of the best skill wise, definitely the best white rapper of all time... if that even means anything. We'll eventually give Stockton his flowers, as we will Em.

Sidebar: To anyone that disagrees with me about Em not having a classic (welcome back Shadyteam), I'm an Em fan so most of his albums cept the last 3 are personal classics. But the hip hop community as a whole isn't gonna accept albums with Just Lose It, Berserk and We Made You as universal hip hop classics. We give him his 1st three if that, but that's it.

He's not John Stockton and that's it. Put eminem in a black mans body and you niggas would just think he's weird. He just caught the wave first and had goat backing.

Only spectacular thing about em is he's white. Somewhere along the lines that turned into him being the best rapper alive. Which is bullshit. Cause he speeds his tempo up and his voice cracks? Yall don't love that boy yall like your false idea of him.

Ok he’s lyrical and he can rap fast...so lil Wayne did more for hip hop in the early 2000s than anyone dude literally influenced every rapper that’s come out since even the non lyrical ones if Eminem is Kobe than Wayne is jordan
:word?:

Masterpiece classic albums -

The MMLP
TES
Recovery

Classic albums -

The SSLP
The MMLP 2

Great albums -

MTBMB

Solid albums -

Encore
Revival

Terrible albums -

Relapse
Kamikaze

Best album - TES

Worst album - Kamikaze (I'm as anti Relapse as everybody else it's a poor album but the hooks and melodies are catchy a/f and the album has some of the most catchy hooks ever period, Beautiful is a classic song and a top 5 GOAT Eminem song, Crack A Bottle is a classic song and a club banger. Kamikaze is easily his worst)

In terms of production TES is his best the beats slap on there and this when he came into his own as a producer and became top 5 best producer at that period

Back