Welcome To aBlackWeb

Big Daddy Kane: Eminem Is The Kobe Bryant of Hip Hop

Kobe was a polarizing player, either you hated him or you loved him with very little room between the two. Eminem is pretty much in the same boat as Kobe; either you hate him, or you love him with little room in between.

Pretty sure that's where it comes from and a lot of y'all in this thread are proving part of it to be true.

I don’t think he was thinking that far ahead when asked that question... and that polarizing player shit was/is more geared towards LeBron than Kobe. Kobe for the most part the last 12-13 years has been well liked.

Kobe was a polarizing player, either you hated him or you loved him with very little room between the two. Eminem is pretty much in the same boat as Kobe; either you hate him, or you love him with little room in between.

Pretty sure that's where it comes from and a lot of y'all in this thread are proving part of it to be true.

People hated Kobe cuz he played for Lakers. People dislike em because his subject matter was not relatable

Both rakim and bdk rate eminem highly
I think wordsmiths like wordsmiths.
Content wise idk bout putting eminem up there but hey, that's their opinion

Add KRS ONE to that list as well.

My top three MC's of all time think very highly of Em.

edit: almost forgot; Kool G Rap also stated that Em was the last MC to impress him.

I think John Stockton is a better comparison. Phenomenal technical ability, but doesn't get the same appreciation we give Jay (Jordan) cuz he doesn't have a universally accepted hip hop classic (ring). Also, his best days were with his better half of a duo (Dre/Malone).

He's the biggest, most popular, most successful, most famous, one of the most wealthy, most mainstream recognised, most worshipped by fans ever

So Big Daddy Kane is stating a fact based on Eminem simply being the most iconic worldwide

He is right, but Eminem is white and so he'll never get his just due from the black community until he dies.

This statement I feel is misguided and wrong. In the content of Africa be it Nigeria or Ghana Eminem is very popular and his music is loved. This not an opinion this going by concrete I-Tune sales stats of his albums and songs in African continent countries like Nigeria. And from a personal perspective Africans from the continent I know in many cases love Eminem's albums and music sometimes more than his white fans or more than his Latino or Asian fans

Now if u are talking about the African American and Afro Caribbean community generally then u are correct

SSLP, MMLP and TES are bonafide classics

Back