Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Better Animated Series: Batman TAS vs X-Men TAS

Better Animated Series: Batman TAS vs X-Men TAS

• Total voters
Batman set the whole game up. I love me some X-Men & will probably binge on that shit when Disney+ drops... but Batman was just amazing especially as a kid back then. The only cartoon I grew up with I got the whole DVD set of. Plus it spawned a bunch of other great series. Batman Beyond, the only great Superman cartoon, Justice League.. damn.

I love both these, seen them both earlier this year, hard to choose
Guy in video is annoying

X-Men did some major comic arcs like over entire seasons, and was doing their cross overs even then....

That shit was pretty dope....

Batman for the most part was self contained episodes with a few two partners...

X-Men Phoenix saga was some serious ass tv... ROFL....

But when JL and JLU came out same animation style and voices...shit was a wrap

Looking back I do have to point out what made them uniquely different and extremely familiar to the movies...

Batman was great cuz it told so many amazing one and done stories. It had continuity... But the stories were mostly wrapped up in 1 or 2 episodes. Which is also how DC movies best work.

X-Men in the other hand tackled huge stories over a season of episodes. House of m, Phoenix, apacolypse, .... Marvel from the jump has specialized in large epics featuring a universe of characters...

While DC always shined in smaller contained stories

Can’t see how anyone can go with X-Men over Batman: The Animated Series it’s mind blowing. BTAS in its own right is almost on the level of classic cinema almost ever episode was so well written and for 22 minutes you felt like you weren’t even watching a cartoon. As someone mentioned before Heart of Ice by itself tops anything X-Men ever did and I’m not a huge Mr. Freeze fan but the episode was brilliant.

Back