Welcome To aBlackWeb

Best ways to deal with Anxiety?

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
Does any of you deal with chronic anxiety? If so (outside of therapy of course) what y'all do?

I been having anxiety where I try Identify anything bad and try not to associate it with myself which is some new shit. NEVER thought of this shit before, but I think my anxiety tries to create problems out of nothing. Shit is uber annoying trying to calm the brain. I honestly think that Philly video of dude going rouge with the neighbors shoveling snow was terrifying from the point of showing how all people are capable of snapping. Shit gives me anxiety thinking that people can just go ape shit lose it. I also have PTSD from early childhood.

I usually workout, work on or listen to music, meditate.

Don't drink or smoke though.

What y'all do to deal with Anxiety? May get into running when the weather clears up from all this winter weather

It's good finding methods to relax ur mind but you gotta identify the root causes first. What do u think those are?

Is it ppl doing/having done bad stuff? U feel there's a potential for anyone to blow up in an instant? Sounds like lost faith in humanity. I'd try finding feel good things to read, watch and listen to. And great ppl to interact with. Restore that faith in ppl.

Benzos

474bb51f05a33360d70f18cbde9fd18c.gif

To compound on whats been said you have to start living in the moment and not let your mind flood with negative outcomes. I try to slow things down and pick apart the main things that are causing you trouble. Once you're able to rationalize what your feeling isn't as life threatening as you once believed it should help. The main thing not to do is avoid the issue all together.

I find that writing things down as they come to mind especially if they are constantly on your mind helps to cut through the chaos or "clutter" of thoughts you may have. Then thinking about why you feel that way or at least considering the source of the thoughts and if they're rational or even a thing in the first place (this is big when the anxiety may come from other people or your perception of how they feel about you).

From there it's always helped me to come to grips in whether there is anything I can do to improve the situation so that I feel less anxious or if I should simply let it go and get the thought out of mind and move on.

Good luck @silverfoxx

Another thing... look into vitamin D deficiency. It's prevalent among black ppl, particularly darker skinned black ppl who live in regions that get reduced amounts of sun (like during winter months). Part of the reason why black people have higher infection and mortality rates among covid patients.

There's research supporting supplementation with vitamin D3 in decreasing anxiety and depression in individuals with deficiencies.

Just something to consider. The capsules and liquid drops are pretty cheap and there's no harm in taking 400 to 1000iu in the winter when we aren't out in the sun (exposure to sunshine naturally produces vitamin D).

For what it's worth, i find it improves my mood (and my libido). Depression can trigger anxiety, anxiety can trigger depression, it can be a vicious circle. A boost in mood always helps.

Back