Welcome To aBlackWeb

Best Mixtape of 2003 Tournament Preliminaries

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
It was still a pretty limited year, so everybody gets 3 nominations. I'll raise it back to 4 in the next year.

Here are some of the mixtapes dropped in 2003:

Lil Wayne - The Drought, SQ5 & 6
Hov - S.Carter Collection
Fab - More Street Dreams
Lloyd Banks - Money In The Bank
50 Cent - G Unit Radio 1-4
Kanye West - I'm Good
Dead Prez - Get Free or Die Tryin
Royce - Build & Destroy

(The mixtape has to be made by an artist, not a DJ with random songs)

The Drought
S.Carter Collection
More Street Dreams

G-Unit radio 3 was a close 4th. This used to be my shit

@Goldie You've posted artists mixtapes.

The DJ mixtape was still going strong in 2003.

In particular DJ Kay SLay was killing the mixtape scene circa 2002-2004. He'd drop a new mixtape every few weeks with unreleased material from Jay Z, Nas, Jadakiss, 50 Cent, Busta, Dipset, Fabulous, DMX, Ja Rule and anybody else that was hot. He'd get the stuff before the internet so when it finally appeared on the internet the song would have Kay Slay yelling over the song.

In particular, Kay Slay had a series of mixtapes in the late summer/fall of 2003 called The Drama Hour Discs 1-9. The first one came out around late July 2003 and the 9th one came out around November 2003. I had volume 8 and it had some tracks from The Black Album & Beg For Mercy.

Anyway, if anybody can find The Drama Hour mixtapes 1-9, that's my holy grail.

@Goldie You've posted artists mixtapes.

The DJ mixtape was still going strong in 2003.

In particular DJ Kay SLay was killing the mixtape scene circa 2002-2004. He'd drop a new mixtape every few weeks with unreleased material from Jay Z, Nas, Jadakiss, 50 Cent, Busta, Dipset, Fabulous, DMX, Ja Rule and anybody else that was hot. He'd get the stuff before the internet so when it finally appeared on the internet the song would have Kay Slay yelling over the song.

In particular, Kay Slay had a series of mixtapes in the late summer/fall of 2003 called The Drama Hour Discs 1-9. The first one came out around late July 2003 and the 9th one came out around November 2003. I had volume 8 and it had some tracks from The Black Album & Beg For Mercy.

Anyway, if anybody can find The Drama Hour mixtapes 1-9, that's my holy grail.

You can make a separate thread for dj mixtapes. This tournament is only for artists.

I still bump Dead Prez's 'Get Free or Die Tryin', what a classic...

'Coming Of Age' and 'Baby Face' arnt on YouTube but these are...

Looks like yall already dropped all the gems from that year

good shit

Back