Welcome To aBlackWeb

Best Compilation album of all time?

I always considered Chonic, 2001, and Regulate GFunk Era as compilation albums

But after looking up the definition im confused... are all soundtracks & greatest hits albums technically compilation albums?

I always considered Chonic, 2001, and Regulate GFunk Era as compilation albums

But after looking up the definition im confused... are all soundtracks & greatest hits albums technically compilation albums?
greatest hits albums doesnt count unless they are new songs on it. (Thats not on any album)

You see Nas "greatest hits" as a compilation album on wiki because it had survivng the times example.

Pac greatest hits had "Troublesome 96" and "Changes"

and Dr Dre only "Compilation albums" are consider to be Dr. Dre Presents the Aftermath and Concrete Roots

Last edited:
Here we go with the semantics. Compilation. COMPILE a bunch of songs together. Whether the songs are new or not makes no difference whatsoever.

On that note the real answer:

A compilation album comprises tracks, which may be previously released or unreleased, usually from several separate recordings by either one or several performers. If by one artist, then generally the tracks were not originally intended for release together as a single work,[1] but may be collected together as a greatest hits album or box set.[2] If from several performers, there may be a theme, topic, time period, or genre which links the tracks,[3][4] or they may have been intended for release as a single work—such as a tribute album.[5] When the tracks are by the same recording artist, the album may be referred to as a retrospective album or an anthology.[6]

Oh gotta add in Death Row: Too Gangsta For Radio too!!!

I used to rinse that joint... I ordered it from the Death Row catalog you used to get at the back of CDs too haha

nwa-and-the-posse1.jpg

The first Violator albums were dope

No they weren't.

They all had big name artists and they were mixed and mastered to perfection. Sonically those albums couldn't have been better.

But artistically, none of those songs were hits, or even memorable. They just sounded good.

You can tell those songs were recorded in a high budget studio.

Back