Welcome To aBlackWeb

Best Comeback After A "Falloff" or After A Bad First Impression

Luda didnt become 'famous' until his second album... Same with the Fugess, though you could hear Wycleff's genius peaking through... Think Akon was on the Fugues first and second albums...

That’s a funny ass stat that shows how backwards things are now because Day N Nite & Pursuit of Happiness were without question far bigger songs the that The Scott’s song

That's how shit goes in this era. Look at nicky Minaj...she been put out dope songs and features. But that joint w Doja was her 1st number one. For example, "Moment 4 life" was a much better song.

I remember Biggie had a big hype after winning Unsigned Hype in The Source and a couple of posse jams.

Then he dropped this

He didn't really pick up steam until he dropped Juicy and Dreams, which came out around the same time.

Ja verse in new York was fucking amazing....

Then the follow up with the rkrelly song...

All the shit I been thru
It's a wonder why I'm still here
Said I was gone but I'm still here
And all you bitches that left me here
It's mighty strange how you right back here

Yung Berg rebranding as Hitmaka and being sought after producer now (not a fan of most of his production)

I thought this joint with Ra The Rugged Man and Notorious B.I.G. was terrible. I felt like all of the obscure/rare/unreleased songs that Big appeared on, this was the worst.

It took a while but Ra The Rugged Man got his mojo back. He dropped a pretty dope album this year, 25 years after that joint with Biggie.

When Da Bush Babee's dropped this dud:

61YPRA0EQ3L.jpg

They dropped the "Da" from their name and came back with this near masterpiece:

R-410774-1361228457-6370.jpeg.jpg

Onyx...

I really wish I could find Onyx's early pics, from around when this joint dropped:

Onyx looked like some soft ass clowns and they sounded absolutely nothing like their later "grimy" incarnation. In fact, they stole that whole style form their peoples, The Cutthroats:

Fredro stole their image and and style and took it to Jam Master Jay, whom Onyx had just signed under. Naturally, Fredro and Sexy 17 (from The Cutthroats), who was his boy, fell out over it.

Next thing you know:

Back