Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Benny the Butcher x DJ Drama Presents Black Soprano Family - Da Respected Sopranos

Yeah....I fucks wit’ this project...Benny did a great job showcasing his people....I remember seein’ them open durin’ tha Griselda show I’m tha A back in Feb and was thinkin’ to myself would they ever see tha light of day...I’m glad they gettin’ to shine

I faced forty joints in the can and never said nothing
But that's when I found out these Fed judges head huntin'
N*ggas switched they hustle when they seen I had that bread coming
300 grams of fentanyl when ya'll n*ggas was scared of us
Funny my old clientele hate to see me rap
I bump into my old licks, they say they need me back
I'm really on that shit, my inspiration be these traps
While I pitch to get a fix the smokers bring the tv back
These n*ggas talk that dope talk, but mines be special
First plug I ever had was slime green nephew
Palm trees, bomb weed, and I need extras
I put coke white seats inside a lime green Tesla
I know my shit, you gotta bag heroine in steps
Then take it to the spot, see that's where it get a test
And they gon let em' know, you can't compare it to the rest
My plug gave me more credit than American Express

I faced forty joints in the can and never said nothing
But that's when I found out these Fed judges head huntin'
N*ggas switched they hustle when they seen I had that bread coming
300 grams of fentanyl when ya'll n*ggas was scared of us
Funny my old clientele hate to see me rap
I bump into my old licks, they say they need me back
I'm really on that shit, my inspiration be these traps
While I pitch to get a fix the smokers bring the tv back
These n*ggas talk that dope talk, but mines be special
First plug I ever had was slime Sly green nephew
Palm trees, bomb weed, and I need extras
I put coke white seats inside a lime green Tesla
I know my shit, you gotta bag heroine in steps
Then take it to the spot, see that's where it get a test
And they gon let em' know, you can't compare it to the rest
My plug gave me more credit than American Express

Corrected. Read about Sly Green from Buffalo years ago in Don Diva magazine.

That's a terrible explanation.

Why? He basically said that if you're in a certain life, you tend to want to emulate the people who are living that same life at the highest level. If you're an aspiring basketball player, you will look to the NBA for inspiration. If you're living a crime life, it makes sense that people would look to the Italian Mafia for inspiration given that for decades they have been held up as the pinnacle of crime lords in this country. It's not only a good explanation, I'm pretty sure it's the actual truth. I mean it's not like backpack rappers are putting a bunch of mafioso references in their music. It's the drug/crime rap where that's done.

Why? He basically said that if you're in a certain life, you tend to want to emulate the people who are living that same life at the highest level. If you're an aspiring basketball player, you will look to the NBA for inspiration. If you're living a crime life, it makes sense that people would look to the Italian Mafia for inspiration given that for decades they have been held up as the pinnacle of crime lords in this country. It's not only a good explanation, I'm pretty sure it's the actual truth. I mean it's not like backpack rappers are putting a bunch of mafioso references in their music. It's the drug/crime rap where that's done.

I get that but the Mafia has been overrated and glamorized in movies and the media. They were able to prosper for so long because the FBI and government didn't take them serious until many years after they formed. They were more concerned with Black revolutionaries and keeping Black people down then admit that the Mafia actually existed.

these rappers are so easily influenced lol

I'm not picking on them either, I hated when no limit was doing that shit too

I never understood why Niggas was putting Gotti in their names. John ain't like us and it hurt my heart to see Black people (when I analyze it when I got older) joining in the mini riot they had when he was found guilty.

I get that but the Mafia has been overrated and glamorized in movies and the media. They were able to prosper for so long because the FBI and government didn't take them serious until many years after they formed. They were more concerned with Black revolutionaries and keeping Black people down then admit that the Mafia actually existed.

Well, part of the reason that the Feds didn't take the Mafia seriously for a long time is because they didn't believe the Mafia was as big an enterprise as it was. The Mafia was able to fly under the radar for a long time because of how they did their business. So you're basically saying they are overrated because they did a good job. That doesn't make sense.

Either way, it's not really relevant. The question was why do these rappers seem to idolize the mafia. Those rappers weren't doing research on how successful the Mafia actually was. They just saw that the Mafia is pretty much synonymous with organized crime at a high level in this country. And the point La was making is that if you're a criminal with aspirations of being the best, you're going to be inspired by the criminals that are portrayed as the best.

Well, part of the reason that the Feds didn't take the Mafia seriously for a long time is because they didn't believe the Mafia was as big an enterprise as it was. The Mafia was able to fly under the radar for a long time because of how they did their business. So you're basically saying they are overrated because they did a good job. That doesn't make sense.

Either way, it's not really relevant. The question was why do these rappers seem to idolize the mafia. Those rappers weren't doing research on how successful the Mafia actually was. They just saw that the Mafia is pretty much synonymous with organized crime at a high level in this country. And the point La was making is that if you're a criminal with aspirations of being the best, you're going to be inspired by the criminals that are portrayed as the best.
at the end of the day, they are idolizing non blacks who shit on blacks

at the end of the day, they are idolizing non blacks who shit on blacks

That's true, but they aren't idolizing them for being non black or shitting on blacks and anyone who suggests that is being disingenuous. Again, a lot of the people that put Gotti or the Gambinos on pedestals don't know shit about Gotti or the Gambinos other than they were successful criminals.

Back