Welcome To aBlackWeb

Being a support system for your S/O...

My best friend's husband and I were talking to her dad and dad said "I dont have to support my wife in her endeavors. I just make the environment where she can feel like whatever she wants is possible."

Meaning like you don't have to be there every step of the way encouraging and making sure they follow through or whatnot. You won at being a partner by them feeling comfortable enough pursue things outside of you. I found that pretty interesting.
whats poppin gabi,

this is an interesting post.

it sounds like you love a person without saying you love them. they should or already know.

that thing is in the mail this friday

My best friend's husband and I were talking to her dad and dad said "I dont have to support my wife in her endeavors. I just make the environment where she can feel like whatever she wants is possible."

Meaning like you don't have to be there every step of the way encouraging and making sure they follow through or whatnot. You won at being a partner by them feeling comfortable enough pursue things outside of you. I found that pretty interesting.
Hmmm...I kinda dig his perspective

Whatever being a support system means for you and your S/O (not you specifically, just in general) and it works, well by golly that sounds like winning to me

whats poppin gabi,

this is an interesting post.

it sounds like you love a person without saying you love them. they should or already know.

that thing is in the mail this friday
Yea....like if your spouse took up painting and had an exhibit or something, you don't have to go to show support. You dont even have to like it. But you cleared out the office space and turned it into their paint room and didn't disturb em while they were in there.

And finally! I thought you forgot about me lol

Nah that mf better be at my art show!

tenor.gif

"lets go baby these hoes cant paint......they water colors and they know it.....uh huh"

This shit brought a tear to my eye

The trick is finding someone who needs to be supported like this

I give what I get. Problem is, most folks that didn't grow up with supportive parents don't know how to help others.

People be needy as fuck and don't even know how to feed themselves.

Back