Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bartender worked 70+ hrs and got $9.21 paycheck. Says this is why you tip.

yeah without knowing her take in tips for 2 weeks I cant feel too sorry for her taking a job she's clearly getting underpaid for. I tip but only when my server provides great service which aint that hard to do to begin with imo

yeah without knowing her take in tips for 2 weeks I cant feel too sorry for her taking a job she's clearly getting underpaid for. I tip but only when my server provides great service which aint that hard to do to begin with imo
Man I'm grateful for anyone who wants to cook me food, serve me food, deliver me food or any other service I request from someone. Laziness/luxury isn't free, or shouldn't be imo.

You might not think of tipping as a legacy of slavery, but it has a far more racialized history than most Americans realize. Tipping originated in feudal Europe and was imported back to the United States by American travelers eager to seem sophisticated. The practice spread throughout the country after the Civil War as U.S. employers, largely in the hospitality sector, looked for ways to avoid paying formerly enslaved workers.

One of the most notorious examples comes from the Pullman Company, which hired newly freed African American men as porters. Rather than paying them a real wage, Pullman provided the black porters with just a meager pittance, forcing them to rely on tips from their white clientele for most of their pay.

Tipping further entrenched a unique and often racialized class structure in service jobs, in which workers must please both customer and employer to earn anything at all. A journalist quoted in Kerry Segrave’s 2009 book, Tipping: An American Social History of Gratuities, wrote in 1902 that he was embarrassed to offer a tip to a white man. “Negroes take tips, of course; one expects that of them—it is a token of their inferiority,” he wrote. “Tips go with servility, and no man who is a voter in this country is in the least justified in being in service.”

In 70 hrs not breaking $20 in tips?

Either the service was wack or they ain't have customers st his tables.

I know some won't tip but others will.
But no one?

Something ain't right

Man I'm grateful for anyone who wants to cook me food, serve me food, deliver me food or any other service I request from someone. Laziness/luxury isn't free, or shouldn't be imo.

Im not grateful for terrible food or service nor did I visit this establishment to receive it....i've worked in a restaurant so i know what "good" service looks like.....i will tip my delivery drivers becuz I did that too and know the struggle but customer service should not be lazy to begin with and if that's your job to provide service to a customer then please do a good job of it and you will be compensated fairly for it.

So wait some of ya'll really think they're clearing thousands upon thousands of dollars in tips and out here balling out or some shit? For real? Also interesting to note just how quickly capitalism and that good ol American "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" came out in these comments. But "fuck the system" right...

*generous tipper post*

it’s just part of the game and if you tip well at a place you frequent they treat you like royalty and throw in perks where they can.

But if I get poor service I tip like 5-10 percent still. Only time I leave 0 is either because it’s “to go” or someone carelessly messed up way too much to the point it ruined my experience completely

So wait some of ya'll really think they're clearing thousands upon thousands of dollars in tips and out here balling out or some shit? For real? Also interesting to note just how quickly capitalism and that good ol American "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" came out in these comments. But "fuck the system" right...

A90624DC-11AC-49EE-BE2F-817109F18A22.jpeg

you niggas got a lot of nerve. “i only tip if you go above and beyond” lmaooo who tf is yall? king tut?

imagine a dusty nigga walking into your establishment, plopping down in a booth smelling like roach spray talking about “I only tip those that go above and beyond”

“you gotta go the extra mile to earn my $10”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 the nerve of you dustballs

giphy.gif

I don't plan shit.

I get what you all are saying, but no one should be FORCED to provide gratuity. That's why it's called "gratuity" - it's based on voluntarily giving for service.

Tip EVERYONE if you feel that way: the baggers at the grocery store, a doorman at an apartment complex, all of em.

Plus, service DOES count for something. I'm not rewarding someone for shitty service or negativity. Fuck should I give 15% to a waitress at Waffle House for if she's acting all pissed off that I'm there in the first place, just cause I'm hungry?

facts i hate that shit .

I've spent the better part of the last 17 years working/managing in bars, clubs and afterhours low end to high end even doing some bartending myself.

On the low end shithole bar you're clearing $125-150 a day. On the mid $2-300. On the high end your raking $6-700 behind the bar. $900-1200 if your doing bottle service and can flip your tables.

Just doing security I was walking out some nights with $6-700 extra cash doing everything from greasing the door to looking the other way, to hustling. There's always money to be made. Just a matter of what type of time your on.

The bar/club industry is about your hustle. You gotta have that mentality if you're gonna eat.

I worked with chicks that would work thurs-sat and be in miami or Vegas Monday to Wednesday.

Also alot of people in the industry work it part time on weekends and have full time jobs. It's extra money.

Maybe because I live in a major city and worked the major spots I'm biased but I've seen it all from every type of spot with my own eyes. Counted the money with my own hands. I'm not making this shit up.

If you aren't getting what you feel your supposed to you gotta up your hustle or try to move on to a place where theres more money. I've had to decide between working places where I'm getting it off the extras or places where I'm satisfied with the hourly and cool with whatever little extras come along. Been fortunate enough to works places I got it all ways.

I could legit write a book on the shit and probably should.

Another thing people overlook is the comeback tipper. The people that are regulars and you've dealt with properly so they come back to see you specifically and with money in hand all because of how they portrayed you in their experience. That shit is key. Bartenders or anyone looking for tips gotta build that rapport that's key for them.

I've even seen bottle service girls that get requested which means guaranteed money cause niggas probably trying to fuck.
I as security have been requested to work certain booths by the patron. I routinely had people where everytime I saw them they handed me a $100 bill.

How you deal with people is important. If you make them feel important and taken care of they will reciprocate and pay to feel like that every friday. Another person every Saturday, thursday, or whenever they are there. They're chasing a vibe and it's about making sure you're on the right end of it.

If you play that correct its guaranteed money.

Word?For that Hour or so I'm on this type of time
200.gif

All part of the hustle for these bartenders. Make you feel like a king more times than not you gonna pay like one.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Crazy huh?
People stay thinking someone shitting on them and don’t like it when it’s directed towards them, all while shitting on someone.
it happens more than you think on this site.

If a bartender made $200 every weekend(2 nights) they would make $20 grand/ year, imagine if they had a full on cheque as well?

I've spent the better part of the last 17 years working/managing in bars, clubs and afterhours low end to high end even doing some bartending myself.

On the low end shithole bar you're clearing $125-150 a day. On the mid $2-300. On the high end your raking $6-700 behind the bar. $900-1200 if your doing bottle service and can flip your tables.

Just doing security I was walking out some nights with $6-700 extra cash doing everything from greasing the door to looking the other way, to hustling. There's always money to be made. Just a matter of what type of time your on.

The bar/club industry is about your hustle. You gotta have that mentality if you're gonna eat.

I worked with chicks that would work thurs-sat and be in miami or Vegas Monday to Wednesday.

Also alot of people in the industry work it part time on weekends and have full time jobs. It's extra money.

Maybe because I live in a major city and worked the major spots I'm biased but I've seen it all from every type of spot with my own eyes. Counted the money with my own hands. I'm not making this shit up.

If you aren't getting what you feel your supposed to you gotta up your hustle or try to move on to a place where theres more money. I've had to decide between working places where I'm getting it off the extras or places where I'm satisfied with the hourly and cool with whatever little extras come along. Been fortunate enough to works places I got it all ways.

I could legit write a book on the shit and probably should.

If you're in a major city working a bar then this may apply. But to the average person just waiting tables in some random restaurants, of which there's far more of them than bottle service girls, then no they're not out here walking away with 600+ in tips per night. And when the topic of tipping comes up that's who the conversation is most often referring to.

So if you're trying to sit and say some random waitress in IHOP is clearing hundreds per night in tips I'm gonna need some proof of that one...

Back