Welcome To aBlackWeb

Amazon Barry Jenkins' The Underground Railroad

The book by Colson Whitehead was theshit, as I was reading it I thought it would make an excellent show.
I will be checking for this.

I fucked with Underground

I thought it was a good show

Aldis Hodge and Journey Smollet were great

I wasn't a fan on how they Romanticized Slavery. They wrote the show to make it appear as if the Slave Masters were so sympathetic and kind-hearted while the Slaves were ungrateful Savages. Like Black Women were really willing to throw Pussy at their Masters so easily.

There's so much more that was wrong about the show, but that right there was one of my biggest gripes.

I wasn't a fan on how they Romanticized Slavery. They wrote the show to make it appear as if the Slave Masters were so sympathetic and kind-hearted while the Slaves were ungrateful Savages. Like Black Women were really willing to throw Pussy at their Masters so easily.

There's so much more that was wrong about the show, but that right there was one of my biggest gripes.
I didnt get any of that lmao

other than the mom being the bedwench (which really happened/happens but I digress)

I dont agree at all my guy

Nope. No more black pain for entertainment.

I did it for lovecraft country and even tho I was entertained I didn't get enough out of it for me to keep putting myself through that shit.

Give me a show where history is in reverse and white people are slaves to blacks. Until then I'm cool.

Nope. No more black pain for entertainment.

I did it for lovecraft country and even tho I was entertained I didn't get enough out of it for me to keep putting myself through that shit.

Give me a show where history is in reverse and white people are slaves to blacks. Until then I'm cool.

I was gonna give Noughts + Crosses a shot but when I saw it was a love story I honestly lost all interest

This show is ass!! Literally has been on as background noise all day as I work, nothing has caught my attention enough to make me stop and pay attention fully.

Back