Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore Student Passes 3 Classes In Four Years, Ranks Near Top Half Of Class With 0.13 GPA

His stupid ass mom not innocent either, she knew he was failing and did nothing either.

Yeah, seems like she thought they were getting over when he kept advancing to new classes.

She should have known something was off when he was advancing............yet failing at the same time.

Only way she'd be in the clear is if she never saw any of his report cards.

But damn.................this isn't just about her son.

Dude was near the top of his class.

What about the 58 students who were doing worse than him?

Don't understand what there is to review.

That school needs to be shut down.

the more i think about this ...the more its pissing me off.

like how you getting lower than .13

she is not the only parent to blame in this. like dude aint the only child failed.

i cant wrap my brain around this

"For all the bullshit they try to teach you in high school, I graduated with about half of it. But then, I didn't go to school but half the time. The other half, I was out selling dope. Growing up out here, there was shit that couldn't be learned in no classroom." Caine

He would have to test out in highschool to get to another school. Meaning he would have to have grades to compete

Most high-schools I know about would expell you with a gpa that low. My high school was a Baltimore City public high school, and if your gpa dropped under 2.5 you were in danger of being put out.

A kid with a .13 at that school couldn't compete at any of the better public schools in Baltimore. It's really a night and day difference when it's one of the main schools with strong alumni associations.

We all know he slipped through the cracks,but I would have more sympathy if he was a struggling student who was trying and failing.

If he was failing,but at least showing up,it would be different,but this nigga wouldn't pass at any school doing this shit.

Most cities got truancy police or will suspend then expel you for missing that many days,so they fucked up on letting him not come to school.

He fucked up first,then his mother,then the school.

Even if the school was trash,if he was going and passing,he would graduate.

i mean....this is all true...but shit i gotta put this on the community too.

like aint no one cared? tried to make enough noise to have parents take notice? the parents aint stand up for the kids that was in the school?

like who cared here?
You can’t put the community at fault here. That kid lives in BALTIMORE....you think the residents of any one community there (or in any major city) have time to worry about who’s going to school and who isn’t? The people are gonna ask the same questions we are, starting with the golden one:

“Where are the parents?”

I'm still maintaining that's one of them schools that has kids no other school will take.

It's prolly that school or the streets... Last stop kinda shit. So they just don't really care.

I'm still maintaining that's one of them schools that has kids no other school will take.

It's prolly that school or the streets... Last stop kinda shit. So they just don't really care.
this makes the most sense

It's a shame. Because when the school and the home are working together, students can and most likely flourish. Here's a story:

When all schools went to remote last year, I had to have a Quarter 3 Report Card Conference with a parent. During this conference, unfortunately, I had to let her know that her child had been failing two different class during the year and that her promotion to the 7th grade was in danger, and that was BEFORE the Rona happened. Of course the parent was concerned and angry; angry at us, angry at her kid.

However, the parent and I sat down and came up with a strategy on how to get this girl to pass onto 7th grade. As she (the mom) would now be at home, she would ensure that her student would read EVERY assignment given to her in Quarter 4. I, in turn, would make sure that if the student has any issues or questions with the work, especially for any non-Math class I would let that teacher know, and they could resolve that with the student and the parent. Sure enough, moms called me nearly EVERY DAY to check on her kid's progress, which was amazing in Q4.

Not only did the student pass all her classes, she actually earned Honor Roll for the 4th quarter, and pushed her final grades up to a high C level and be promoted to 7th grade with no question. Moms was super greatful, and it was one of my proudest moments as a teacher, the amount of progress that was made in such a short time under such stressful circumstances.

So, when a school AND a household are working in sync, there's really no reason for any kid to struggle fundamentally.

I could see if his mother was on drugs bad,but she actually seems like she got some type of sense even with her being off point with this.

Doesn't seem like they're living under the worst conditions in the video of them,but I could be wrong and they could be in a wild hood.

I can only see he got a playstation and that the crib doesn't look fucked up on the inside.

I would like to see a doc about this whole school and system where we see other kids and how they got left back too.

This is dead as The Wire season 4

Back