Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore Student Passes 3 Classes In Four Years, Ranks Near Top Half Of Class With 0.13 GPA

I'm still maintaining that's one of them schools that has kids no other school will take.

It's prolly that school or the streets... Last stop kinda shit. So they just don't really care.

If that's the case shouldn't we be more lenient on the school? Its a collection of only the worst students from the area, and people are mad the GPA's aren't higher. If you put all the fattest kids from the area in one school, you wouldn't jump on the PE teachers about the average performance on fitness tests. You'd know they got dealt a bad hand, and would expect failure.

Keep the school open. Honestly, it's necessary even if people don't like hearing that. Kids failing every class, showing no interest in an education, and not showing up to school usually have a negative impact on other students and behavioral issues. If they don't want to learn or act right, get them out of the way of the students that do.

Everyone likes Lean On Me until some Joe Clark shit has to happen.

@Race Jones with a speaking part in the beginning. Jk, haha. I don't want any problems.

If that's the case shouldn't we be more lenient on the school? Its a collection of only the worst students from the area, and people are mad the GPA's aren't higher. If you put all the fattest kids from the area in one school, you wouldn't jump on the PE teachers about the average performance on fitness tests. You'd know they got dealt a bad hand, and would expect failure.

Keep the school open. Honestly, it's necessary even if people don't like hearing that. Kids failing every class, showing no interest in an education, and not showing up to school usually have a negative impact on other students and behavioral issues. If they don't want to learn or act right, get them out of the way of the students that do.

Everyone likes Lean On Me until some Joe Clark shit has to happen.

@Race Jones with a speaking part in the beginning. Jk, haha. I don't want any problems.

Lenient on the school?!

That’s stupid the whole school trash and not helping anything but they should be open. Nobody is passing wtf is the point

I said why to be more lenient, and gave the purpose of the school.

I understand the “be more lenient”, but in this situation they’ve barreled past leniency and abdicated all responsibility, and have become essentially worthless.

Why even have a paid faculty at this point? With GPAs that low, the few kids with above 1.0 GPAs may as well be teaching themselves.

I understand the “be more lenient”, but in this situation they’ve barreled past leniency and abdicated all responsibility, and have become essentially worthless.

Why even have a paid faculty at this point? With GPAs that low, the few kids with above 1.0 GPAs may as well be teaching themselves.

The teachers are basically babysitters that are there if you do decide to get your shit together. School's there... teachers are there... show up and listen if you finally decide you want to.

A teacher's job is to teach, and a school is there to provide the building and tools necessary. The expectation can't be they act like these movie teachers. Showing up at the kids house at night like "Hey Chris. I haven't seen you in class in a while. What's going on? This new crew you're hanging out with is bad news".

If the kid won't show up, or do their work the school can't help them.

Nobody expecting teacher to do that but if half your school averages like that they literally doing nothing my nigga

But you have to consider the fact that the school may be getting sent kids that are already failing. They may have been at school A not showing up, not doing work, failing, and getting in trouble. So they got sent to this school because of that. And you're trying to hold a school with those kids to a similar academic standard as a normal school.

What is the school suppose to do with this kind of student? He doesn't show up and doesn't do his work. You've told his mom and sent her his grades. You've requested a parent/teacher conference. She doesn't do anything to show any interest in correcting his behavior.

The only thing the school could have done was go to the news first to show that they are the only people in the world who checks in on these kids. They gotta kid with a 0.13 gpa that's pretty much the average.

They've tried parents. They've complained to the school board. No one cares. These are the forgotten children.

The story would have been the exact same. Only difference is mom went first, svg everyone is focusing on one parent. It's kids worse off than him at the same school

The only thing the school could have done was go to the news first to show that they are the only people in the world who checks in on these kids. They gotta kid with a 0.13 gpa that's pretty much the average.

They've tried parents. They've complained to the school board. No one cares. These are the forgotten children.

The story would have been the exact same. Only difference is mom went first, svg everyone is focusing on one parent. It's kids worse off than him at the same school

Probably didn't go public because they know everyone already knows and nobody cares.

I don't like stories like this sometimes because the school may be handcuffed from telling the truth. That mom can say whatever she wants. The school has to respect the privacy of the minor. That kid could be at that school because he choked a teacher (a guy i knew did this, and got sent to the fuck-up school). He may be fuckin terrible. But the school is trying to respect his privacy and not say anything, so they're left looking like the bad guy.

What year did you graduate because that sounds like it was after my time in high school?

I was the first year they stopped doing grade 13 (oac) and just went up to grade 12. We were the Guinea pigs. Nuff times we'd start the course and there weren't enough new textbooks or the teachers themselves weren't fucking with the material and would just go with the old shit. It was hilarious ho mad some of them were. They stayed going on strike. That's how I fell behind because attendance is optional when teachers strike. Would have graduated spring 03 but had to do another semester so it was winter 04 after my mid exams. That grade 10 strike fucked me up once i learned i wasn't get marked for attendance I was ghost. I didn't think about the fact I was failing classes.

Looking at the Ontario diploma requirements now its completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably didn't go public because they know everyone already knows and nobody cares.

I don't like stories like this sometimes because the school may be handcuffed from telling the truth. That mom can say whatever she wants. The school has to respect the privacy of the minor. That kid could be at that school because he choked a teacher (a guy i knew did this, and got sent to the fuck-up school). He may be fuckin terrible. But the school is trying to respect his privacy and not say anything, so they're left looking like the bad guy.
Very very plausible.

So many people in the comments section in Baltimore never even heard of the school. It was definitely buried in a forgotten part of the city. Every parent of a highschool of student is disgusted with the parents.... But none of them are clearly those kinds of parents. All they do it brag on their kids college acceptances n shit like that all day... They on their job.

It's clear as fuck this in the story is struggling with that. But I do thing more attention needs to me paid attention to the school their.... Cuz if he's not worst case scenario.... It's kids who need even more help than him. At least his mom can call the news

Very very plausible.

So many people in the comments section in Baltimore never even heard of the school. It was definitely buried in a forgotten part of the city. Every parent of a highschool of student is disgusted with the parents.... But none of them are clearly those kinds of parents. All they do it brag on their kids college acceptances n shit like that all day... They on their job.

It's clear as fuck this in the story is struggling with that. But I do thing more attention needs to me paid attention to the school their.... Cuz if he's not worst case scenario.... It's kids who need even more help than him. At least his mom can call the news

I'm wondering if they haven't heard of it because it went by a different name before. School opened in 04 it looks like. When they were in school it may have been "Get Right High" these kids went to. Now they opened the same type of school, but with a new name.

When I was in school, around here we had Enterprise I think it was called (@Hellczar that right?) If they opened Joe Clark Educational Facility since then, I wouldn't know. But if you tell me "Its the new Enterprise" I'll know what you mean.

I'm wondering if they haven't heard of it because it went by a different name before. School opened in 04 it looks like. When they were in school it may have been "Get Right High" these kids went to. Now they opened the same type of school, but with a new name.

When I was in school, around here we had Enterprise I think it was called (@Hellczar that right?) If they opened Joe Clark Educational Facility since then, I wouldn't know. But if you tell me "Its the new Enterprise" I'll know what you mean.

Yea Enterprise was more recent. But I think Bradford Hall was first that’s the one we used to hear about then got older they called it Enterprise. I got suspended a lot but not that bad

Yea Enterprise was more recent. But I think Bradford Hall was first that’s the one we used to hear about then got older they called it Enterprise. I got suspended a lot but not that bad

Yaa, if you went to Enterprise you had fucked up.

For those not from here, this is who goes to Enterprise

Screenshot_20210304-153823_Chrome.jpg

If that's the group of kids they send to permanently attend that Baltimore school, I wouldn't expect them to have the same GPA as a regular high school. That's why I'm saying be more lenient on the school.

Back