Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Baltimore DA Mosby (Freddie Gray case)and spouse under investigation and buying homes

Baltimore State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby has purchased two homes in Florida for more than $1 million combined since September, including a condo on the Gulf of Mexico that closed just days before her campaign said it was exploring setting up a legal defense fund for her mounting attorneys’ fees.
Mosby bought a condominium on a barrier island just north of Sarasota for $476,000 in February. She financed the Longboat Key property with a 30-year, $428,400 loan, according to Sarasota County property records.

Meanwhile, property records in Osceola County show Mosby paid $545,000 in September for a 4,000-square-foot property near Disney World. The records show Mosby used a $490,500 loan for that purchase in Kissimmee.
Mosby and her husband, City Council President Nick Mosby, are under criminal investigation by a federal grand jury looking into her campaign, their businesses and their tax returns dating back to 2014, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Longboat Observer in Florida reported last month on the transaction there, while Baltimore Brew reported both purchases Sunday.
A. Scott Bolden, the attorney for the Democratic officials, said Sunday that the purchase of the Longboat Key condo was “a nothing story.”

“She works. She’s an elected official. She has savings,” Bolden said, adding “she bought another home for her family” when asked about the Longboat Key property. He said he did not have any information as to the Kissimmee property.

I was wondering when this story would be posted here. I read it last week. As a couple they damn near make 400K a year. It doesn't seem far off that they could possibly afford all that. We shall see how all this plays out.

Last edited:
Young black ambitious power couple.

It's a witch hunt... They don't wanna see them win. They were getting daily death threats before any of this. White peoole really hate these two .. They been coming at them hard for like the past 5 years. It was only a matter of time before something stuck

It's a witch hunt... They don't wanna see them win. They were getting daily death threats before any of this. White peoole really hate these two .. They been coming at them hard for like the past 5 years. It was only a matter of time before something stuck

I think the white people in VA DC and Maryland get extra mad at blacks with any political power I mean they hate everywhere but the history of our region makes them seem like they extra hurt

Nick's the head of the city council

There's a chair that every city council head sits in.

There are multiple pictures of his predecessors sitting in this chair conducting business.

You know they really came at Nick for being arrogant and pompous for sitting in a "throne" during a zoom call... Asking who the hell has a throne in their house and how did he think it was professional to get on the call like that....

The nigga was literally at work sitting in his work chair. They just don't like him

They bring up Marilyn being cute every time they slam her...Like implying she's not fit for the job because she's attractive.

It's crazy..I think they'll be okay.... But at the same time, this won't be the last time they come at them

I think the white people in VA DC and Maryland get extra mad at blacks with any political power I mean they hate everywhere but the history of our region makes them seem like they extra hurt

I don't know about how the husband came up in baltimore politics but for any person to become their city state attorney they have to show they're willing to play the game. Once you get that position and then try and tell the white run system fuck you.

Those people and the system is going to try and take you and whoever with you down. I'm pretty sure some of this is coming from how she handled the Freddie Gray shit and some might be coming from some things she has done before that and after that.

I'm sure the husband has some people he has pissed off as well.

We all know the system hate black people who they view as "uppity negroes". They got a fight on their hands and I hope as far as the money they have done everything on the up and up.

Nick had to drop out the Mayor race when he ran because too many people were complaining about his wife being states attorney.

Like they were outraged. How dare two young black people both go for positions of power in the same city

I definitely would have voted for Nick

Excuse me? do you know mosby and her clown posse have been railroading an innocent Black man for years?????

fuck her and her homes

She's a states attorney, I've met her several times personally....

Now I'm not aware of that particular case, but the direct nature of the job is to send people to jail.... You not always gonna get it right. It's a shitty realization. But it is what it is.

But for what it's worth I think she's better for the city than her predecessors.... And if they get her out, I'm sure she'll be replaced by some white male who can give a fuck less about our issues or spends one second of time or one dollar in our communities.

Now as far the cases where a clear injustice has taken place... Continue the fight on it. You'll get more traction with her then many others in her position

I could understand if they paid cash for both homes.

But the article clearly states that both properties were financed with mortgages.

Only thing they could've done illegal in that situation would be falsifying documents and/or lying about their income.

I'm thinking that someone out to get them didn't do their research.

They just found out they bought 2 expensive homes in Florida and ran with it.

now what-the-hell are you look-in for?

can't a young woman get money anymore?

Back