Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bad or never used gifts

loud-ninja

Here to point out the illogical
Have you ever given a gift to someone and found out later, they never even used it? You thought the gift was a dope idea but for some reason, the person you gave the gift to, never used it. What was your reaction?

Or

Have you received a gift but never used or opened it? Did the gift giver get offended? What did you tell them? Why did you not use the gift.

Back in 2019, I bought the go pro 7 silver (or the low end model of the 7) for my mom. I bought it for Christmas. It was $200 at the time. I think the higher model was $300. She had hinted she wanted a go pro to use when she travels.

She was happy when she got it. Fast forward to 2020 christmas. I bought the new go pro 9. Come to find out, she bought the same model as me when she saw i had it. She only used the go pro 7 only once (the one i bought her).

Not gonna front, I had mixed feelings, lol. I pride myself on being a good gift giver.

I’ve never gotten a gift that was bad, or I didn’t want. But I have been apart of a bad gift giving operation. It was my kids mother birthday some years ago, so I take all the kids to target and I tell them that they can get anything in the store for their mother. Anything they pic no matter the cost, and they can say individually it’s from them.

My son..my son is a knucklehead like his mom, that acts on impulse and no action thought through. We walk in the store, he picks the first thing he sees, which is a cowboy hat with the American flag around it. I asked him has he ever seen his mom wear a hat. He says no, I said, do you want a do over to pic again. He says no..so I didn’t even argue, at least he’s got my over confidence in him.

So next up is my oldest, she is the most like me and over thinks it and spends the entire time considering the gift. After all that thinking, she chooses an exercise ball.

and now my youngest, we’ve been through the entire store. You know what she picks? A Minnie Mouse paper weight.

lol…

Hard to miss the mark when buying me stuff so I don't tend to receive bad gifts. Others don't get bad gifts either cuz I tell them to tell me whatever it's they want and I'll get it.

I will however do fucked up shit of buy a big bottle of kombochu(or whatever) cuz it was on sale not knowing its the flavor you least like 😖

I bought my mom a Led Zeppelin magazine feature cuz she's been on a led zep tip for awhile now and her first question was "how much did u spend on it". :tuh:😂

Pretty sure it's been collecting dust on her counter ever since.

My mom got me a subscription to tha ancestry shit where they break down your blood line for Christmas a few years ago…never did it cuz I don’t wanna be in that database for whatever they gonna use it for…

:shrug2:

I remember I was in middle school and it was my birthday. My aunt bought me a TI-83+ calculator. Never opened it. At that time, I didnt know the price of them nor did I know the capabilities

Fast forward to highschoool, I see someone playing games on it. I ask him how he do that. Next thing you know, I go home and search for my calculator. That joint still in the plastic package brand new. Took it to school and put mad games on it. It also helped me get through some tuff test. I put notes in the calculator.

Ex bought me an Invicta .. before she bought it, we talked n I told her I didn’t need anymore watches…

been about 6yrs and it’s still in the same box with tags n plastics still on it

I wear a lot of Polo/ Ralph Lauren one xmas my mom said she bought me a Polo sweater and a watch for xmas. I was like oh shit mom done fucked around and copped her baby boy a nice gift for Xmas.

A nigga goes to open the gift all happy and shit and.......................it was a funky ass US POLO Assn sweater and the watch to match it. This was my exact expression...

giphy.gif

I remember I was in middle school and it was my birthday. My aunt bought me a TI-83+ calculator. Never opened it. At that time, I didnt know the price of them nor did I know the capabilities

Fast forward to highschoool, I see someone playing games on it. I ask him how he do that. Next thing you know, I go home and search for my calculator. That joint still in the plastic package brand new. Took it to school and put mad games on it. It also helped me get through some tuff test. I put notes in the calculator.

Funny you mention this, I got recommended (and then I watched) this vid the other day

Have you ever given a gift to someone and found out later, they never even used it? You thought the gift was a dope idea but for some reason, the person you gave the gift to, never used it. What was your reaction?

Or

Have you received a gift but never used or opened it? Did the gift giver get offended? What did you tell them? Why did you not use the gift.

Bought my mom a pillow top for her mattress on mothers day one year and saw that shit still in its packaging almost a year later. I was hurt. Almost didn't get her anything the next mothers day.

I bought my mom a batman graphic novel when i was little. She couldn't hide the disappointment. I was like "it's gonna be worth a lot of money in the future". lmao.

Shit is worth 300 bucks now though if she kept it in good condition.

I wear a lot of Polo/ Ralph Lauren one xmas my mom said she bought me a Polo sweater and a watch for xmas. I was like oh shit mom done fucked around and copped her baby boy a nice gift for Xmas.

A nigga goes to open the gift all happy and shit and.......................it was a funky ass US POLO Assn sweater and the watch to match it. This was my exact expression...

giphy.gif
I had this same feeling when i was younger. It was Christmas. We had a sega and i really wanted "streets of rage 2".

So me and my brother are opening up gifts. I open mine. I see part of the title. My eyes light up. I yell with excitement " *gasp* YOU GOT ME STREETS OF RAGE...."

Just before I am about to say which number they gave me, as I tear the rest of the paper off, my whole mood and tone saddens as I said the last part of the title " ...........1".

They got me streets of rage 1. Man, I was disappointed, lol. I still played it though

Back