Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION At what age is it okay for kids to start playing GTA or Red Dead?

7 too young, use the next few years to limit his exposure to watching you play. That way you can monitor his reactions to it and make sure he’s mentally ready.

My son 11 and he’s stuck with Nintendo until he’s a teen

I'ma have to wait until he's a teenager to let him get into that.
My son is almost 3 and the only games I let him watch me play was Spiderman for the PS4 and MVC3.
He likes to swing around and change costumes in Spiderman.
But I had to let go of him playing MVC3 simply because he thought he was the characters and started running up on me talking bout Hulk Smash.
My heart damn near went in my ass one day when he climbed on the coffee table and said I'm Spiderman and jumped off. Luckily he hit the landing lol but I wouldn't have heard the end of it from my girl if he hurt himself.

fellas fellas fellas

to solve this issue, i went and copped a used Wii from gamestop

bought mario party 9, mario kart, and wii sports...

the lil one was happy af and we had a lot of fun playing tennis and bowling.

i highly suggest ya'll get one for ya'll kids.

fellas fellas fellas

Can I sit down with it tho feel like I’d fuck something up with the wii

That's exactly what I was thinking. My son gonna throw that remote across the room.
He has 2 PS4 controllers and I hide mine.
He tosses them when he gets mad.

I used to do that too. NCAA football was possibly one the most frustrating games. Especially 04

That's exactly what I was thinking. My son gonna throw that remote across the room.
He has 2 PS4 controllers and I hide mine.
He tosses them when he gets mad.
get the straps LMAO

this why im glad i got a lil girl...lol

she gets "mad" but she aint throwing nothing around

Also, im getting the lil wheel accessory for mario kart so she can feel like she driving w/o holding the remote.

Can I sit down with it tho feel like I’d fuck something up with the wii
I sit down for most of the games as the positioning of the sensor in my game room is pretty low. My daughter likes to stand when we play tennis and bowling

and watching her try to box is some of the funniest shit ever

get the straps LMAO

this why im glad i got a lil girl...lol

she gets "mad" but she aint throwing nothing around

Also, im getting the lil wheel accessory for mario kart so she can feel like she driving w/o holding the remote.

View attachment 160638
I'll see how that goes.
All I know is he gets frustrated. Early on when I tried to play games. I'd give him the controller that was off. He picked up on it quick that his light wasn't on.
So I started letting him play on his own.
When he gets mad he'll say "I no like it" and throw it.
Them straps might just work though.

I'll see how that goes.
All I know is he gets frustrated. Early on when I tried to play games. I'd give him the controller that was off. He picked up on it quick that his light wasn't on.
So I started letting him play on his own.
When he gets mad he'll say "I no like it" and throw it.
Them straps might just work though.
DEFINITELY get the straps

OR

if he has a tantrum, time to face that corner why you get to have fun. You better get a handle on this quick fam before it bleed into other stuff lol

What works for me and my daughter is im ALWAYS giving her compliments even when she thinks she not doing good. I dont expect her to be great, i just want her to have fun. Learn the mechanics of the game first, then we'll talk strategy.

hell, the cpu beat both of us in mario kart lol, but im always giving her hi 5's and give her words of encouragement.

DEFINITELY get the straps

OR

if he has a tantrum, time to face that corner why you get to have fun. You better get a handle on this quick fam before it bleed into other stuff lol

What works for me and my daughter is im ALWAYS giving her compliments even when she thinks she not doing good. I dont expect her to be great, i just want her to have fun. Learn the mechanics of the game first, then we'll talk strategy.

hell, the cpu beat both of us in mario kart lol, but im always giving her hi 5's and give her words of encouragement.
He's good for the most part. He'll ask for help first before getting mad or if he just gets stuck somewhere.
Saturday mornings when I bring him downstairs and tell him we're gonna play he gets all excited and pulls his recliner in front of the TV.
You mentioning the Wii is something new for me to introduce to him.

He's good for the most part. He'll ask for help first before getting mad or if he just gets stuck somewhere.
Saturday mornings when I bring him downstairs and tell him we're gonna play he gets all excited and pulls his recliner in front of the TV.
You mentioning the Wii is something new for me to introduce to him.
OH ok...yea brah...i totally forgot all about the wii as an introduction to gaming for the lil one

i had been trying to play some of my PC games with her and i have a couple that are kid friendly, but the learning curve with the xbox1 controller i have is just too much for her small hands right now

Wii got like 4 buttons lol (A,B, 1 & 2)

OH ok...yea brah...i totally forgot all about the wii as an introduction to gaming for the lil one

i had been trying to play some of my PC games with her and i have a couple that are kid friendly, but the learning curve with the xbox1 controller i have is just too much for her small hands right now

Wii got like 4 buttons lol (A,B, 1 & 2)
Yeah I think I got too excited with him clinging to these Marvel characters.
There are a ton of other things he could be experiencing. Mario being one of them.

Yeah I think I got too excited with him clinging to these Marvel characters.
There are a ton of other things he could be experiencing. Mario being one of them.
i would be lying if i said i dont have fun playing the mini games from mario party with her lol

definitely get that

she kept watching youtube videos of kids playing mario party on the Switch and i was like, damn that, she can play that and dont have to have the latest version to have fun

fellas fellas fellas

Good choice, that Switch would have been better because it doubles as a tablet, but let youngin work his way up

Good choice, that Switch would have been better because it doubles as a tablet, but let youngin work his way up
nah b lol

my kid dont need a tablet

plus the controller for the switch, imo, is kinda butt

the wii is cheaper and her focus was just wanting to play the games she had been seeing other play on youtube. She dont care about if its a switch vs wii

Back