Welcome To aBlackWeb

At What Age Did You Learn How To Cook?

SirReginald

Black Jew. Baruch Adonai
Truth be told, besides basic meals I'm not good with cooking. I want to learn how to cook Vegan and Vegetarian meals. I'm good at grilling fish though.

Anyway, do you know how to cook?

I learned around 7-8 years old. My grandmother and father started teaching me how to make simple shit like eggs and sausage, hot dogs, etc. My aunt stepped in and taught me and my lil sister how to make hamburgers and fries after that and they just kept it going. My pops once told me "You need to learn how to cook so you don't have to depend on a woman to eat" and I took that to heart.

All the men in my family did the majority of cooking. My mom and grandmothers could both cook very well but my dad, uncles and grandfather were masters and always did the bulk of the cooking so I just picked it up from them over the years. There's shit til this day I'll hit my dad up and ask him to make for me if I get a craving for how he specifically makes something

I almost burned my granny’s house down when I was 4, tryna cook myself breakfast. Pretty soon after that, my mom and granny started teaching me little shit.

I’d say by the time I was 7 or 8, I could make myself simple meals. By the time I was maybe 11, I could pretty much make anything.

My son is 12 now and I’m tryna impress upon the importance of being able to sufficiently feed himself here very soon. I don’t understand adults who can’t cook themselves and/or their loved ones a decent meal.

I almost burned my granny’s house down when I was 4, tryna cook myself breakfast. Pretty soon after that, my mom and granny started teaching me little shit.

I’d say by the time I was 7 or 8, I could make myself simple meals. By the time I was maybe 11, I could pretty much make anything.

My son is 12 now and I’m tryna impress upon the importance of being able to sufficiently feed himself here very soon. I don’t understand adults who can’t cook themselves and/or their loved ones a decent meal.

I can somewhat understand it because some people literally were never taught. I don't get bragging about not having a basic life skill though like some people do. That shit is just stupid

Reactions: GNS
Around 12 or 13.
Shout out Hamburger Helper and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese

I guess I could say even earlier than that if you count boiling ramen on the stovetop.

Around 12 or 13.
Shout out Hamburger Helper and Kraft Macaroni & Cheese

I guess I could say even earlier than that if you count boiling ramen on the stovetop.

Shit. This was basically crack cocaine to me growing up...

71ltno9aCBL._SL1000_.jpg

Around 6-7
been cooking since a young age, my pops always said, when you get married your wife isn’t your maid, she’s not there to cook and clean for you.

My mom was a chef when I was younger and had a restaurant. In elementary school I used to get off school and my mom and uncle would have me in the kitchen doing prep.
On the weekends she would teach me how to make eggs, crepes and all that breakfast stuff so by 11 or so, my younger siblings were old enough to help around the kitchen we would make breakfast for everyone and we would help my parents with dinner depending on whose turn it was.
During Ramadan between the 5 of us kids we would all take turns cooking breakfast and dinner each day and mom would do the weekends when we would have guests.

I learned how to cook when I was in the Navy.

Every newly enlisted Naval personnel has to do 3 months working in the kitchen helping the cooks.

I'm not a good cook tho. I do enough to eat.
Word up I'm bout to start watching PBS cooks on Sundays to learn something

Reactions: GNS
Im still learning.

Mom taught me how to do simple stuff like eggs or ramen when i was about 8 years old though, then ive just been experimenting/learning ever since.

10… was making breakfast and dinner often with my mom. By the time I was 12 I could cook a whole meal while my parents were working

Back