Welcome To aBlackWeb

Aspiring Model Dies After Being Hit By A Train During Photoshoot

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
fredzania-thompson-e1489647379850.jpg

An aspiring model died after she was struck on a railway line while posing for pictures.

Fredzania Thompson was struck by the train in Texas during a shoot to try and get her career off the ground.

Her mother, Hakamie Stevenson, said her daughter, a student at Blinn College, put her education on hold to focus on modelling.

Authorities say Thompson was standing between two sets of tracks on Friday in Navasota when a BNSF Railway train approached.

She moved out of the way of the train but was apparently unaware that a Union Pacific train was coming in the opposite direction on the other tracks and was struck.

Union Pacific spokesman Jeff De Graff, told the Navasota Examiner said the horn was sounded and they had applied the emergency brakes.

Navasota Assistant City Manager Shawn Myatt said: ‘Basically, you have two railroad tracks there, one is Burlington Northern to the west and one is Union Pacific to the east, and she was in between the two tracks.

‘Burlington Northern had a train on their track coming and she turned back to the east to walk across the Union Pacific track and walked right in front of the Union Pacific train that was heading south.’

The person who was taking photos of Thompson was not hurt. Navasota is about 60 miles northwest of Houston.

A gofundme page has been set up to help pay for her funeral.

image4.jpg

I just read about this.

Supposedly they saw one train and another was coming. She couldn't hear the second one cause the first one was too loud. I think it could've been avoided.

Back