Welcome To aBlackWeb

As an Asian-American, I'm Tired of Being Racially Gaslit By My Peers

any reasonable person would understand, based directly on his own words, that it was one individual who said it. it makes no difference not knowing who it was in the same way it makes no difference which white cunt threw a banana at a player on a soccer field. the bottom line is that they're unfortunate acts and ppl are right to speak up on them. he didn't frame this as a pervasive issue he's faced in the league. but keep playing ur mental gymnastics it it makes u feel good.

If it makes no difference then he shouldn't have said it.

Yet I'm playing mental gymnastics??? Lmaaaaao

Point at the hole in the wall but let's just look at it?

Pea brain. Wow you sure told me.

Either Lin should say who did it, or keep stories like this to himself.

he's not obligated to snitch, and not doing so doesn't undermine how serious and hurtful racial instigation is. most people whove experienced a racist ordeal tell their story because it hurts and ultimately represents a wider problem in society.

but framing his intention as making black ppl the boogie man is groundless. most peoples perception of recent asian hate in the wake of Covid has been its perpetration by white ppl. not black ppl. if anything, minorities tend to share common ground in this arena.

point at a hole in the wall but let's just look at it? shit analogy.

the hole is the racism that needs fixing . not the fuckin player. the player is the one who created the hole. on the whole scope of things, pointing out the hole ( let's even say leak) is more vital than finding the perpetrator. you're missing the whole damn picture here.

Last edited:
Let’s clarify some things, starting with the very definition of racism, since it’s been horribly misused here:

a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
————————————————————
The key word in that: “superiority.”

I didn’t see any actions by black people that suggested they were superior to Asians, so how are black people racist to Asian people?

Bigoted might be a better term here. Lin being called The Rona is bigoted and prejudiced as it gets.

I just watched this entire piece. The fucked up thing is there is a portion of this where an Asian woman does speak on the "model minority" image that alot of Asians Americans get tagged with and how that's the complete opposite of how Black folks are shown. I'm alot more weary of how these clips people put in tweets are edited and what they choose not to show.

What y'all fail to acknowledge is jim crowe biden is deputising Asians over black Americans giving them an honorary white status this has already segwayed into another crime bill against black Americans. Y'all Biden voters are worse than trump voters. Smh.

If you think it's just now that Asians have been being given some of the same societal benefits as white people then you might want to go back a few decades in history and study about why only certain types of Asians were allowed to begin immigrating here in the 1st place. This ain't something that just started in January when Biden took office. This is something that has been going on literally for generations within the Asian American community.

When it comes to trash talk, if you dishing it, you got to be willing to accept it. You think someone like Gary Payton would have got on TV calling a white dude a racist for saying something like you mentioned after he just got done calling that white boy a cracka. Probably not because that's not how he moved.

I'm not saying that Lin didn't have the right to be mad about hearing that. I'm just saying he should have approached the people who said it and told them it wasn't cool instead of throwing it out there now like those people were intentionally trying to commit a hate crime.

You think Gary Payton just taking somebody calling him a porch monkey on the court as trash talk? I know the in thing to do right now is to show how unbothered everyone should be by being insulted but that's a huge leap. There's been alot of wild hot takes to try and prove a point but that's a new one. Saying somebody would let racist shit fly just because it's on the basketball court and "part of the game"...

Last edited:
If you think it's just now that Asians have been being given some of the same societal benefits as white people then you might want to go back a few decades in history and study about why only certain types of Asians were allowed to begin immigrating here in the 1st place. This ain't something that just started in January when Biden took office. This is something that has been going on literally for generations within the Asian American community.
I wasn't implying that at all this is acceleration of using anti black racist immigrants to ethnically replace black Americans so the anti black government can never pay reparations to black Americans that's the point.

I wasn't implying that at all this is acceleration of using anti black racist immigrants to ethnically replace black Americans so the anti black government can never pay reparations to black Americans that's the point.

1. You're trying to connect 2 different things w/ no clear explanation. 2. Even if the above is your point it's still not a new thing. Hence the entire existence of the model minority image that has been around for decades for Asian Americans. It's not being accelerated. It's going the same way it's been going

1. You're trying to connect 2 different things w/ no clear explanation. 2. Even if the above is your point it's still not a new thing. Hence the entire existence of the model minority image that has been around for decades for Asian Americans. It's not being accelerated. It's going the same way it's been going

tenor.gif

You think Gary Payton just taking somebody calling him a porch monkey on the court as trash talk? I know the in thing to do right now is to show how unbothered everyone should be by being insulted but that's a huge leap. There's been alot of wild hot takes to try and prove a point but that's a new one. Saying somebody would let racist shit fly just because it's on the basketball court and "part of the game"...

If Gary was on the court saying racist shit, and someone came back at him with the same energy, I believe he would have taken it for what it was. I'm not saying GP ever said anything racist, so no I'm also not saying that I believe he was just letting people randomly call him racist names.

My point was that trash talking is part of the game, and if it goes too far a player does have the right to address and handle it. However, what is foul, is to bring up things said on the court in competition and paint it as the same thing as stuff said out on the street in hate. Lin knows that is not the same thing and so do you.

Let’s clarify some things, starting with the very definition of racism, since it’s been horribly misused here:

a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
————————————————————
The key word in that: “superiority.”

I didn’t see any actions by black people that suggested they were superior to Asians, so how are black people racist to Asian people?

Bigoted might be a better term here. Lin being called The Rona is bigoted and prejudiced as it gets.

Bruh. On this board everyday we talk about how we are the better race compared to everyone else. Literally everyday.

but you got it Lololololol

Back