Welcome To aBlackWeb

Artists Everybody Was/Is Wild About... Except You.

These are the types of comments that I don't understand.

What don't you get about a nigga who can rap really, really well being super, super popular?
I get that people think that he raps very well, so do a lot of other rappers. Crooked I raps really well and the audience that Crooked I has, is the audience I expect him to have based on the content he makes. If I’m busy and I need some background music to where every now and then I hear a dope bar..I might rewind to hear it, I might find one or two songs where he did a great job at creating a really good song. At the same time my expectation that is met..is that most of this shit...is some ehh...but that’s what I expect from him.

At the same token, that’s what I hear from cole’s music and his fan base isn’t what I expect to see based on his music.

Ion know, I’m no thug, I don’t just like head banger hardcore shit. I listen to da la soul from time to time. I don’t hate on the style of music he makes. I don’t get the adoration of his fan base based on his music. I mean, Cole is some people’s PAC...that’s wild to me

These are the types of comments that I don't understand.

What don't you get about a nigga who can rap really, really well being super, super popular?
Yeah, some people would say the same thing about Eminem.

He raps well and he’s super popular.... Just never been my cup of tea.

I always felt if he was black, most people wouldn’t make such a big deal about him.

Rakim, I see the skill set and I know he influenced a ton of people. Except for Paid in Full, I ain’t no joke and my melody, I ain’t bumping his shit and he’s not in my top 50. I honestly would put LL over him.

lol folks really make a top 50 rappers list?
because after five, all them niggas are ranked the same to me

nah.

It’s 50 other niggas/albums I would willingly play before I bump Rakim in my ride.
Oh, OK.

I thought you were saying he ain’t even in your top 50 as far as dope MC’s go.

When somebody names their top 10 (or whatever) rappers, they usually ain’t talking about the top 10 rappers they would bump in their ride.

Back