Welcome To aBlackWeb

Artists/Celebrities passing who affected you so much that you let out Thug Tears

Watched Kobe’s 81 pt game the other day and cried like a baby....

Kobe and MJ are the only ones who made me cry

didnt cry

fbgduck (not really celebrity but ya)
nipsey
chad
PopSmoke
Kobe & His daughter
Bvlly

Last edited:
Selena, Pac, Aaliyah, MJ, Prince, Nip, Kobe and Gigi, Chadwick and Rance Allen.

Selena, Pac, Aaliyah, MJ, Prince and Rance Allen are part of my childhood soundtrack.....yes even Selena.

My half sister is mexican and black and she was the one that got me into her and Selena was gorgeous!

Pac is forever my favorite, he died the day after my 13th birthday.
We was at school like, we know he's gonna make it, B.I.G. getting killed was sad but it didn't affect me like Pac's death.

MJ's death was like a piece of my childhood was gone, he was always my favorite and I was ready for that last tour.

Kobe is 4 years older than me and I was 13 when he was drafted and Gigi dying hit hard because my daughter is the same age as Gigi.

Growing up my uncle was a pastor and he loved listening to The Winans, Commission, John P. Kee and Rance Allen and he died three weeks before my uncle passed.

NIp and Chadwick became two of my favorites when they first came out, before they was famous; Nip being killed in front of his store was sad and Chadwick fighting cancer for 4 Years while making hit movies was amazing but, sad he died that way.

Biggie
Nipsey
Kobe/Gigi

the last two hurt way more because being a father I felt for the wife and kids they left behind...and to die with your child like Kobe did was even more emotional cuz i could not imagine not being able to protect either of my boys from death like that....

I cried for Biggie becuz i was young at the time just really getting into hip-hop and he was and still is my favorite rapper("I let my tape rock till my tape popped".....literally)

I don't cry over death. I was 10 when I found out my sister passed away... as I pulled up to her funeral. That left me a little desensitized to hearing news about death. Aaliyah was the first celebrity death where I realized, "wow... ANYBODY can die". From that point on any young Black girl suddenly passing takes me back to my sister's funeral. For some reason hearing Tec 9 passed (before we found out about his fuck shit) ruined my day, and the news broke like 1-2 in the morning while I was working a graveyard shift. ODB and Eddie Guerrero passed 3 days before my birthday, back to back years (ODB was my cousin so that hit different). Chester Bennington was crazy, I was on my way to a family reunion in Vegas for that one. Kobe's anniversary is tomorrow, I kinda been in my gloomy bag about that. Pop Smoke got me mad for a multitude of reasons, mostly because Brooklyn been taking Ls lately and he was a real one. Pat Patterson passed on my sister's anniversary, I've been binge watching wrestling ever since. And I woke up to the news that DOOM passed. I posted my RIPs and went back to sleep... I don't even remember ringing in the new year. I think every poster that responds to this thread should drop an obligatory "fuck 2020".

@Lou Cypher So I'm not the only one that felt a way about Camu Tao passing. I only know him for thw song he did for Definitive Swim, but he was special.

Last edited:
Kobe had me sad but I never shed no tears, and nipsey was a shocker but at the same time the way he was moving and him being in the hood is how you know death comes with it but I just wished nipsey handle the shit better or had a private conversation with bull because not everybody gonna let that snitch slide when they know nipsey crew would've killed bull since he was label as a snitch. Plus, that kobe death will never be understood because the shit could've been avoided and I'm more pissed at the piolet who caused all those lives to be lost on that helicopter and may that pilot continue to rest in shit and piss.

Kobe had me sad but I never shed no tears, and nipsey was a shocker but at the same time the way he was moving and him being in the hood is how you know death comes with it but I just wished nipsey handle the shit better or had a private conversation with bull because not everybody gonna let that snitch slide when they know nipsey crew would've killed bull since he was label as a snitch. Plus, that kobe death will never be understood because the shit could've been avoided and I'm more pissed at the piolet who caused all those lives to be lost on that helicopter and may that pilot continue to rest in shit and piss.
Damn, what the pilot do? From what I recall he wasn't influenced or off point. Reading up on it, other than the fact that that helicopter was not supposed fly in foggy conditions it was purely an accident.

Damn, what the pilot do? From what I recall he wasn't influenced or off point. Reading up on it, other than the fact that that helicopter was not supposed fly in foggy conditions it was purely an accident.
The pilot gets the blame for flying in foggy conditions when he was warned and told not to do so. Yet he felt his experience would get kobe and his daughter to the game safety and let's not forget he had plenty of time to land and let the fog clear before flying out again but he felt he had something to prove because it's KOBE and he felt kobe would've been mad had he not made it to the game on time but the pilot got the power to not fly because it could cause you ya life making 1 wrong move to get killed on that helicopter. Even vanessa mad at the pilot but can't sue his dead ass so she gotta sue the helicopter company.

The pilot gets the blame for flying in foggy conditions when he was warned and told not to do so. Yet he felt his experience would get kobe and his daughter to the game safety and let's not forget he had plenty of time to land and let the fog clear before flying out again but he felt he had something to prove because it's KOBE and he felt kobe would've been mad had he not made it to the game on time but the pilot got the power to not fly because it could cause you ya life making 1 wrong move to get killed on that helicopter. Even vanessa mad at the pilot but can't sue his dead ass so she gotta sue the helicopter company.

Yeah he had time to explain the situation to Kobe, I think he would've understood because he's flown with him before and other celebrities.

What he should have done was tell Kobe what was going on, call his company and tell them that he has to do an emergency landing and have a vehicle there to pick them up and drive the rest of the way.

My cousin is a pilot and he was furious when the details came out, he instantly blamed the pilot.

Yeah he had time to explain the situation to Kobe, I think he would've understood because he's flown with him before and other celebrities.

What he should have done was tell Kobe what was going on, call his company and tell them that he has to do an emergency landing and have a vehicle there to pick them up and drive the rest of the way.

My cousin is a pilot and he was furious when the details came out, he instantly blamed the pilot.
Yeah, just imagine had he had common sense that kobe and his daughter and the rest of those people who travel with them would've still be alive today. Can't trust a pilot that thinks he knows it all and want to take risk.

Didn't cry but these affected me most:

Aaliyah - I loved her as a kid.
Sean Taylor - This dude was an incredible football player...we were robbed of a special talent.
MJ -

I shed a couple tears when Nipsey passed...

Kobe and his daughter.... tears were flowing like I lost family. Then I was sad for a couple weeks... It was so hard to process the way they died.

I didn't cry but Kobe passing was hard.

Growing up as a youngin in my childhood, and watching him battle against Jordan on NBC, catching that two handed oop from Garnett at the allstar game, him crossing Pippen at the top of the key and throwing the oop to Shaq were memorable in my childhood. I even remember when my brother had Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside and used to play it on Nintendo 64. Listening to the throwback NBA Courtside is extreme nostalgic

i was mad as shit when nipsey died and to find out the reason behind it

Back