Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are we really honest with our friends?

Eartha Clit

💜
Site President
Or do we lie to them because we are their friends and we’re bias?

I often wonder if my friends say some of the stuff they say to me because we are friends, they don’t wanna upset me or truly mean it.

Like are you saying I’m one of the best people ever because we are friends? Are you saying it because you know I will go off for not being recognized as such and you don’t wanna deal with that? Or are you saying it because you truly mean it.

A lot of people surround themselves with people who lie to them.

Especially when accountability isn't a big thing with them. They often avoid people who are honest with them and have their best interests at heart.

I've seen it so many times it's crazy. People really don't like hearing the truth. They much rather be lied to

A lot of people surround themselves with people who lie to them.

Especially when accountability isn't a big thing with them. They often avoid people who are honest with them and have their best interests at heart.

I've seen it so many times it's crazy. People really don't like hearing the truth. They much rather be lied to

Agreed. One day years ago, my son's mom came home and I could tell she was annoyed. Asked her why. She said she was at her friends house and they were smoking...and the entire time her friend had herdsman near newborn baby like there there right next to them. I asked why she ain't say shit. She said she ain't wanna offend her friend and shit. SMH. I was amazed.

That same day, I asked my homie, 'Yo what would you do if you came over and walked in and I was smoking and had my newborn baby right there next to me, weed smoke all over the place?'.

He was like 'Nigga what the fuck you mean?! I'd be like 'My nigga, why the fuck you smoking weed with a fucking baby laying right there? Fuck is wrong with you?'

I want my friends to be honest, even if it could upset me. I don’t wanna be the friend that give credit for something just because we cool.

let’s use ABW as an example

we do top 5 slot.
I don’t wanna throw my friend who ain’t top 5 material in there because they my friend. Nah! You ain’t top 5 but I fuck with you.

Can't speak for anyone else. But for me, I know which of my friends to go to when I need to hear REAL SHIT. And who's gonna sugar coat it.

This here pretty much sums it up for me... I know who I have in my circle that wont pull any punches and will just be real.

That being said... at times I've been the friend that will respond delicately to a particular situation... and at other times... ima be blunt and possibly hurt ya feelings in the process.

Depends on the situation tho.. at least for me anyway. You still gonna get the truth.. it's just a matter of how bluntly I put it to ya

Before the thread moves any further...

if you’re friends with Du, he will lie to you.
Actually I don't have too many close friends because those are the people I am honest with. People don't like honesty. So in return I got like maybe a handful of real friends.

But most the people who fucks with me, I just tell them whatever the fuck they wanna hear,....I don't want no smoke

People avoid family cuz they don't wanna have honest conversations about their lives and the decisions they making. They will surround themselves with people who endorse those situations, and don't really care for the overall betterment.

But if a concerned family expresses you know.....Concern. they respond negatively...

That's one of the craziest lessons I've learned about getting older. The truth is overrated. It will destroy your bonds. If a person ain't built to handle the truth... Just leave them be and let them live their lie

When I tell people they are awesome, amazing all that shit it's because I truly believe it, otherwise I would not say it. I dislike fluffing people's egos because I have to lie to do, and if I to lie to you I'm being untrue to you and untrue to myself because I know how I truly feel and I dont like how that feels so I avoid it like a mf. We are to fill ourselves and others with truth, not falsehood.

People avoid family cuz they don't wanna have honest conversations about their lives and the decisions they making. They will surround themselves with people who endorse those situations, and don't really care for the overall betterment.

But if a concerned family expresses you know.....Concern. they respond negatively...

That's one of the craziest lessons I've learned about getting older. The truth is overrated. It will destroy your bonds. If a person ain't built to handle the truth... Just leave them be and let them live their lie
Truth is overrated?!

i think i do need to work on my timing.

my homie been with this chick for like 8 yrs......the day he broke up with her he all broke up about it...i told him how much i aint like her and when i started not liking her. he like...he just looked at me like, not now bruh.
i got my drink and told him it was good to finally get that out

im honest to a default.
i always make sure i lead with love and if its not going to be beneficial to my friend in the end, i say nothing at all.

My base instinct is to correct everything that is wrong. So I am compelled to be critical of others, but if I consider you to be a friend. I'm more apt to lie to you out of general respect, if I feel like honesty would do more harm than good

Back