Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY AP presents "I'm in yo area" - Houston Edition

They just don't see eye to eye anymore. Supposedly Ro wasn't too keen on Trae signing to Grand Hustle. Ro always rode with that nigga Flip and they both dissed T.I. on this classic mixtape...
View attachment 284730

As of April, Ro is still referring to Trae as "that dude", so obviously shit still ain't right between them. 1:20 mark

I always had a problem with how TI went about that beef. Being in Texas like that, calling Face on the phone.
I never understood why people turned on Flip like that though.
But props for that album drop. Gonna listen to that.
That vid you posted was most def. him talking bout Trae. I can see why though because Ro fuck with Flip like that. He just rollin with his homie. I can't be mad at that.

I ran a bunch of those albums @southsil4lil recommended. I'm like halfway through. I'm enjoying all of them. I like how intertwined all the rappers are from 90s albums going into the 2000s.

Its sad how bad Texas music fell off, the Texas sound doesnt even exist anymore....for the most part these dudes would rather make some shit that sounds like everything else thats out now....Very rare to find dope projects out of Houston these days(that last Slim Thug album cool though)

Lil Flip and Tum Tum from DSR dropped a mixtape together a couple of weeks ago and that shit was hot garbage

Its sad how bad Texas music fell off, the Texas sound doesnt even exist anymore....for the most part these dudes would rather make some shit that sounds like everything else thats out now....Very rare to find dope projects out of Houston these days(that last Slim Thug album cool though)

Lil Flip and Tum Tum from DSR dropped a mixtape together a couple of weeks ago and that shit was hot garbage
I feel your pain homie. New Orleans music is the same way. It's like it lost its identity.
If I didn't know the artist but heard a song or something i could tell where they were from whether the hints in the beat or the slang.

Yep. Sometimes I’ll be wonder why nobody from the younger generation of Houston rappers never popped. We don’t have any representation anymore. Sauce walka ain’t it. Propain either. Those the only 2 I know.

I was out riding yesterday with my phone on the Houston pandora station and they played this song. Big Baby Flava is Big Moe reincarnated. Man!!!!!! I said to myself "Is this a posthumous verse from the Barr Baby?" That song jamming tho. Lately, I've been in the mood for some Houston binge music. Houston and Memphis culture are my favorites in rap

I remember I bought the CD when it came out. Paul Wall's People Champ is a personal favorite of mine. Jamming it today and it still sounds good.
Damn I forgot all the features he had for this.
Three 6 Mafia, Freeway, TI, Bun B, BG, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Mike Jones, Trey Songz.

Bruh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We used to stay bumping the hell out of that song in 2005. This junt used to bang in the trunk

Yep. Sometimes I’ll be wonder why nobody from the younger generation of Houston rappers never popped. We don’t have any representation anymore. Sauce walka ain’t it. Propain either. Those the only 2 I know.
Whoa whoa whoa

You don't fuck with sauce? Lol

I've enjoyed his last two projects

I feel your pain homie. New Orleans music is the same way. It's like it lost its identity.
If I didn't know the artist but heard a song or something i could tell where they were from whether the hints in the beat or the slang.

I miss when everybody had their own style, sound and lingo. Back when everybody had their own camp and they link up to collab with each other but merging their style and flow over the other sound. In-house producers were everything too. You can bump some Pat and feel like you in North Memphis, then play some UGK or Fat Pat and feel like you are in a slab on Antonie Drive or Martin Luther King

They just don't see eye to eye anymore. Supposedly Ro wasn't too keen on Trae signing to Grand Hustle. Ro always rode with that nigga Flip and they both dissed T.I. on this classic mixtape...
View attachment 284730

As of April, Ro is still referring to Trae as "that dude", so obviously shit still ain't right between them. 1:20 mark

Slim Thug said that he wanted to get them two together to squash the beef. Bun basically said if Slim can accomplish that then he is a miracle worker lol

First time I ever got put on to Screw was on Down South Hustlers (classic album btw). It was from a dude called Point Blank. Song was called My Mind Went Blank. Fire.

Literally listened to the original a few days ago and it don't hit like the screwed version.

First time I ever got put on to Screw was on Down South Hustlers (classic album btw). It was from a dude called Point Blank. Song was called My Mind Went Blank. Fire.

Literally listened to the original a few days ago and it don't hit like the screwed version.

My mind gon blank gotta be top 20 most classic Houston song. I say top 20 to be on the safe side because it's an abundance full of classics and good music overall. My mind went blank is the epitome of that throwback Screw sound

My mind gon blank gotta be top 20 most classic Houston song. I say top 20 to be on the safe side because it's an abundance full of classics and good music overall. My mind went blank is the epitome of that throwback Screw sound
P a real nigga putting all those Texas folk on the album too. He could have easily did 3 compilations like he did with West Coast Bad Boyz. People sleep on these albums from him.
Texas reminds me a lot like Louisiana for music. You can't do just 20 songs for them. It's too many essential artists/songs that gave them their respective identities. No diss though.

Back