Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Android users assemble!!!

What does windows mobile on phones from 15 years ago have to do with Android phones now. And frankly, I don't even know what you're talking about when you say getting a phone to do what you want it to do out of the box. Customization is part of what Android users want to do and they can do that out of the box. If they just want to do some simple shit like what you do on the iPhone, you can absolutely do that out of the box no problem. Maybe 10 years ago, you'd have an argument, but nowadays that's not really a good point. As a matter of fact if you go on Youtube and look at videos comparing iPhones and Android phones, they basically make the comparison out of the box, meaning these high level phones are typically rated similarly and that's not even taking customization into account. I'm thinking you either have no real experience with new Android phones or you're just an Apple Stan.

i'll tackle your questions and confusion one by one.

the point of bringing up my customization efforts during the Windows Mobile era was to give you a bit of background as to why a person like me (as "tech savvy" as i am) doesnt care about the extra customization shit (launchers, rooting, themes, ALL that shit).

out of the box, i just want a phone that requires no additional configuration/setup to be exactly what i want it to be. you know what the fuck i'm talking about now?
cuz i made it simple.

customization is cool. having options is cool. i'm all for choice. I get it. what i'm saying is, even with the abundance of options, android shit still looks fucking ugly, which was and still is my point. no "stanning" needed. im not even arguing shit. i'm telling you that from a completely aesthetic standpoint, android shit, for NUMEROUS reasons is ugly and i havent seen not one damn person post something here or elsewhere that has changed my mind...now or within the last 10 years.

the point of bringing up my customization efforts during the Windows Mobile era was to give you a bit of background as to why a person like me (as "tech savvy" as i am) doesnt care about the extra customization shit (launchers, rooting, themes, ALL that shit).

out of the box, i just want a phone that requires no additional configuration/setup to be exactly what i want it to be. you know what the fuck i'm talking about now?
cuz i made it simple.

customization is cool. having options is cool. i'm all for choice. I get it. what i'm saying is, even with the abundance of options, android shit still looks fucking ugly, which was and still is my point. no "stanning" needed. im not even arguing shit. i'm telling you that from a completely aesthetic standpoint, android shit, for NUMEROUS reasons is ugly and i havent seen not one damn person post something here or elsewhere that has changed my mind...now or within the last 10 years.
Lol man ugly? Ok bro

That's fair. If customization doesn't matter to you that's fine, but you keep trying to paint it as a negative because you don't care about it. That's silly.

cuz i made it simple.

Ok, now name a modern Android phone that can't be used just fine like that.

Bruh, if you believe Android looks ugly compare to iOS and don't want to bother changing the look, then I guess Android isn't for you. I don't really see where Android is ugly and iOS isn't, but that's a completely subjective matter so it is what it is.

the "issue" as i see it from eye's pov is that yes, an overwhelming majority of android users use that hideous font when they do screen shots and shit

while it is default, it can be changed. The question is if they know how to

android 10 imo is by far the best aesthetic looking version of googles OS. To eye's point, when some of the people have that horrible font, it looks like the early days of android

That's fair. If customization doesn't matter to you that's fine, but you keep trying to paint it as a negative because you don't care about it. That's silly.

Ok, now name a modern Android phone that can't be used just fine like that.

Bruh, if you believe Android looks ugly compare to iOS and don't want to bother changing the look, then I guess Android isn't for you. I don't really see where Android is ugly and iOS isn't, but that's a completely subjective matter so it is what it is.

it wasnt my intention to paint customization as a negative even though i said it was a red flag of sorts. I was trying to say that even when people do customize it, i dont see it looking any better. Again, options are cool and i'm all for having choices. Nothing bad about that.

Theres plenty of modern android phones that can be used right out the box. I never said that there werent. Theres just 40939939193929 different android phones to choose from.

Also, app developers seem to give priority to iOS. Apps look better across the board on iOS.

it wasnt my intention to paint customization as a negative even though i said it was a red flag of sorts. I was trying to say that even when people do customize it, i dont see it looking any better. Again, options are cool and i'm all for having choices. Nothing bad about that.

Theres plenty of modern android phones that can be used right out the box. I never said that there werent. Theres just 40939939193929 different android phones to choose from.

Also, app developers seem to give priority to iOS. Apps look better across the board on iOS.

You just seem biased towards iOS and that's fine. Everyone has their preferences, but you can literally make Android look just like iOS if you want, so there is no question that being able to customize is better than not being able to customize if you have the desire and ability to do it.

You just seem biased towards iOS and that's fine. Everyone has their preferences, but you can literally make Android look just like iOS if you want, so there is no question that being able to customize is better than not being able to customize if you have the desire and ability to do it.

this has nothing to do with bias, my friend.

being ABLE to customize the shit is dope. thats not a question.

Well the same could be said about the old days when people used to have to jailbreak iPhones to get them to do shit Android phones either did out the box or with no restrictions to do it on your phone

Carriers started locking the bootloaders disabling the ability to do a lot of the custom stuff you used to could do, which made me go to buying Google brand phones exclusively because of the lack of that restriction.

Androids in high traffic areas tend to perform better than iPhones for some reason when I was getting Avengers Endgame and Star Wars episode 9 tickets for opening night my brother and friends all have iPhones but they couldn't get in to buy their tickets ,I was the only one able to get in and buy it.

@Cain or anyone else for that matter

so i was able to activate RCS in google messaging via a hack

and, i've been reading up on it, and maybe its lost on me but im still having trouble trying to see what the benefit of this is.

Have you been using it? Do you notice any "differences"?

I wish GM had features like Textra, mainly pinning texts so that they appear at the top of your messages but i do like how you can use your pc to text as well as it keeps me from picking up my phone every time i get a text LED notification.

@Cain or anyone else for that matter

so i was able to activate RCS in google messaging via a hack

and, i've been reading up on it, and maybe its lost on me but im still having trouble trying to see what the benefit of this is.

Have you been using it? Do you notice any "differences"?

I wish GM had features like Textra, mainly pinning texts so that they appear at the top of your messages but i do like how you can use your pc to text as well as it keeps me from picking up my phone every time i get a text LED notification.
At the moment there's no benefit because most to move of your contacts doesn't have this activated. Once it's baked into all Android phones then messaging will be like Kik, iMessage and WhatsApp across the board for Android phones.

At the moment there's no benefit because most to move of your contacts doesn't have this activated. Once it's baked into all Android phones then messaging will be like Kik, iMessage and WhatsApp across the board for Android phones.
so if im texting someone that uses imessaging, will they see these features like when im typing a response to them?

Probably not because apple won't open their sources up to non apple software. Which is stupid
well damn lol

i been rotating b/t messaging and textra trying to find one to stick with...might try messaging for a couple more weeks and see how that goes

well damn lol

i been rotating b/t messaging and textra trying to find one to stick with...might try messaging for a couple more weeks and see how that goes
It's smooth. I liked it only issue I had was a lot of my old message didn't Port over from the Samsung messaging app. Don't know if that's a Samsung thing or Google thing

Back