Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Android users assemble!!!

Message by Google/Android is now beta testing a RCS platform of message similar to Kik, iMessage and others. Basically it will be like those for all Android phones. I'm using it now it's pretty good so far.

Message by Google/Android is now beta testing a RCS platform of message similar to Kik, iMessage and others. Basically it will be like those for all Android phones. I'm using it now it's pretty good so far.
Does it have a mute function?

i've said it before and i'll say it again.

android looks ugly as fuck; fonts, ui, everything. ugly.

you are looking at this the wrong way.

you, as an above average android user, feel the need to CHANGE everything. that aint a red flag to you?
I change little to nothing on my phones. I know I could if I wanted to.
I know that something small as aesthetics wouldn't affect my choice in phone.

My Google Play Music been some shit for about 2 weeks now. I dont know WTF going on with that shit.

I change little to nothing on my phones. I know I could if I wanted to.
I know that something small as aesthetics wouldn't affect my choice in phone.

word.

overall user experience is better RIGHT OUT THE BOX on an iphone, imo.

word.

I feel the same about my Samsung
But if I didn't, I could literally put an iOS layout on it.
That's the difference with Android, if you don't like it, you can change it.

yall are what i consider "above average" android users and yall "change everything" and it still looks fucking ugly.

And what looks good to you? iOS? You can pretty easily make Android look exactly like that if you want. Neither OS on their own is all that impressive looking, so I'm not sure what you're going on about.

word.

I'm not really sure that's true to be honest. But if you like iOS, you probably don't need to tweak much when you first get the phone, not that you could anyway. With Android, everybody probably plays around with the phone when the first get it to make it out they want, but that's largely because that's what Android users like doing. Some people put hours into getting a launcher, downloading themes and related content, and setting it all up, but that's not because it has to be done for the phone experience to be good. It's because that's literally part of what makes the Android experience enjoyable.

And what looks good to you? iOS? You can pretty easily make Android look exactly like that if you want. Neither OS on their own is all that impressive looking, so I'm not sure what you're going on about.

I'm not really sure that's true to be honest. But if you like iOS, you probably don't need to tweak much when you first get the phone, not that you could anyway. With Android, everybody probably plays around with the phone when the first get it to make it out they want, but that's largely because that's what Android users like doing. Some people put hours into getting a launcher, downloading themes and related content, and setting it all up, but that's not because it has to be done for the phone experience to be good. It's because that's literally part of what makes the Android experience enjoyable.

what looks good to me?

fonts. fonts matter. Roboto and Google Sans look like shit to me. These are the default fonts. Dont get me started on all the bullshit screenshots i see when people actually change their shit and make it look even more stupid. even as i look at the android screenshots posted in here, i think "damn, all that shit looks kinda cheap" and yall are above average android users.

out of the box, iOS provides the cleanest user experience. all that customization shit yall end up doing seems like it always ends up fucking up something else.

what looks good to me?

fonts. fonts matter. Roboto and Google Sans look like shit to me. These are the default fonts. Dont get me started on all the bullshit screenshots i see when people actually change their shit and make it look even more stupid. even as i look at the android screenshots posted in here, i think "damn, all that shit looks kinda cheap" and yall are above average android users.

out of the box, iOS provides the cleanest user experience. all that customization shit yall end up doing seems like it always ends up fucking up something else.

It's fine that you don't like people's taste in fonts, but the point is, you're not limited to them. There are hundreds of fonts out there to choose from for Android. And the whole "cleanest user experience" out of the box is only meaningful if you're not tech savvy at all. If you can understand how to work some basic customization, then who cares what the experience is out of the box? If it takes you a day to get it the way you want and you plan on keeping the phone for 3 years, then that's a day well spent.

As far as messing things up with customization, I'm not sure what you're talking about there. You get something like Nova Launcher on your phone, you can customize to your heart's content without adversely affecting your phone at all. Now when you root, that's a different story. You can wind up making it so that some other things don't work properly, but the majority of people out there with Android phones aren't rooting.

It's fine that you don't like people's taste in fonts, but the point is, you're not limited to them. There are hundreds of fonts out there to choose from for Android. And the whole "cleanest user experience" out of the box is only meaningful if you're not tech savvy at all. If you can understand how to work some basic customization, then who cares what the experience is out of the box? If it takes you a day to get it the way you want and you plan on keeping the phone for 3 years, then that's a day well spent.

As far as messing things up with customization, I'm not sure what you're talking about there. You get something like Nova Launcher on your phone, you can customize to your heart's content without adversely affecting your phone at all. Now when you root, that's a different story. You can wind up making it so that some other things don't work properly, but the majority of people out there with Android phones aren't rooting.

im "tech savvy" as fuck and at the end of the day, personally, i just want a phone that does exactly what i want it to do once i turn that shit on.

i came up on HTC 8125 and Windows Mobie OS's. I done did all that fancy customization shit. At the end of the day, i realized that i was spending more time trying to get the phones to try to do the most instead of....you know....using it.

messages still has a couple of things I would like to see from them before i make them my full time messaging app

Textra been good to me

im "tech savvy" as fuck and at the end of the day, personally, i just want a phone that does exactly what i want it to do once i turn that shit on.

i came up on HTC 8125 and Windows Mobie OS's. I done did all that fancy customization shit. At the end of the day, i realized that i was spending more time trying to get the phones to try to do the most instead of....you know....using it.

What does windows mobile on phones from 15 years ago have to do with Android phones now. And frankly, I don't even know what you're talking about when you say getting a phone to do what you want it to do out of the box. Customization is part of what Android users want to do and they can do that out of the box. If they just want to do some simple shit like what you do on the iPhone, you can absolutely do that out of the box no problem. Maybe 10 years ago, you'd have an argument, but nowadays that's not really a good point. As a matter of fact if you go on Youtube and look at videos comparing iPhones and Android phones, they basically make the comparison out of the box, meaning these high level phones are typically rated similarly and that's not even taking customization into account. I'm thinking you either have no real experience with new Android phones or you're just an Apple Stan.

Back