Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Android users assemble!!!

tale of the tape

imo, this isnt worth the upgrade

and the reasons they say you should, to me, have very little to with the actual functionality of the phone but mainly cosmetic shit

CategoryGoogle Pixel 4 XLGoogle Pixel 2 XL
Operating systemAndroid 10Android 10
Display6.3-inch 90Hz OLED
2960x1440 (18.5:9)
Gorilla Glass 6
HDR10
6.0-inch OLED
2880x1440 (18:9)
Gorilla Glass 5
ChipsetSnapdragon 855
1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485
3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485
4 x 1.78GHz Kryo 485
Adreno 640
7nm
Snapdragon 835
4 x 2.45GHz Kryo
4 x 1.90GHz Kryo
Adreno 540
10nm
RAM6GB4GB
Storage64GB/128GB64GB/128GB
MicroSD slotNoNo
Rear camera 112.2MP, f/1.8
1.4um, OIS
Dual Pixel PDAF
12.2MP, f/1.8
1.4um, OIS
Dual Pixel PDAF
Rear camera 216MP telephoto❌
Front camera 18MP, f/1.8
Auto focus
8MP, f/1.8
HDR
ConnectivityWi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0
AptX HD, NFC, A-GPS
Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5.0
AptX, NFC, A-GPS
AudioUSB-C
Stereo speakers
USB-C
Stereo speakers
Battery3700mAh
Non-removable
3520mAh
Non-removable
ChargingUSB-C PD
18W
USB-C 3.1
18W
Water resistanceIP68IP67
SecurityFace unlockFingerprint (capacitive)
Dimensions158 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
184g
157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9mm
175g
ColorsJust Black, Very White, Oh So OrangeJust Black, Black & White

I disagree, not so much with your assessment that it's not worth the upgrade. That more or less depends on your personal needs, thought I'm more with you on that when you factor in the price. However, none of the upgrades are cosmetic. Being able to control the phone through gestures, the second camera and what it brings, and the faster chipset are all functional in nature. Now whether or not they justify the cost is a different matter. For me, it might be worth it, but I might wait til Black Friday or Christmas time to see if it goes on sale.

I disagree, not so much with your assessment that it's not worth the upgrade. That more or less depends on your personal needs, thought I'm more with you on that when you factor in the price. However, none of the upgrades are cosmetic. Being able to control the phone through gestures, the second camera and what it brings, and the faster chipset are all functional in nature. Now whether or not they justify the cost is a different matter. For me, it might be worth it, but I might wait til Black Friday or Christmas time to see if it goes on sale.
preciate the rebuttal

i can respect this pov

i noticed they are still using the same 12mp camera from the 2 and 3 while adding another lens. Interesting choice, but imo, if you're going to be touting some of these features as the next great thing, then they should probably work right out of the box.

Even though they are going to stop supporting the 2 with security patches by the end of 2020, im hopeful to keep this phone and upgrade when the 5 comes out and just go to xda hoping someone can port over the security shit to the 2 so i can have a spare phone if needed.

I actually might finally give 1+ a shot for the next phone, but we'll see

preciate the rebuttal

i can respect this pov

i noticed they are still using the same 12mp camera from the 2 and 3 while adding another lens. Interesting choice, but imo, if you're going to be touting some of these features as the next great thing, then they should probably work right out of the box.

Even though they are going to stop supporting the 2 with security patches by the end of 2020, im hopeful to keep this phone and upgrade when the 5 comes out and just go to xda hoping someone can port over the security shit to the 2 so i can have a spare phone if needed.

I actually might finally give 1+ a shot for the next phone, but we'll see

I feel you, but Google is largely a software oriented company, so that's where most of there innovations come from. The Pixel 3 was widely touted as having the best camera on a smartphone before the iPhone 11. It didn't have the best tech. It just had beastly software behind it. I think the same is the case here.

I think I'm going to go ahead and upgrade to the 4 model. It turns out that they have a deal where you get $450 off in credits spread out across your monthly payments for 24 months. Since I'm upgrading to an unlimited plan and actually saving some money doing that, it kinda works out that I'll basically get the phone for free. No reason not to upgrade under those circumstances and the 4, while not a huge leap from the 3 is better than my U11.

With context that's not truly accurate tho.

It's not iphone(apple) vs 1 brand.

Its Apple vs Samsung, Google, One Plus, Huawei, etc.

So for them to control as much of the market as they do is impressive.

With context that's not truly accurate tho.

It's not iphone(apple) vs 1 brand.

Its Apple vs Samsung, Google, One Plus, Huawei, etc.

So for them to control as much of the market as they do is impressive.

The context was there. Again, you're talking phone vs phone. The video is about OS adoption. Yes, iOS is only on Apple devices whereas Android is on a multitude of devices, but that doesn't really matter that much. If people really wanted to use iOS, they would get an Apple device. At one point, you could have argued that Apple devices were simply too expensive for the masses to get, but now they have a bunch of legacy devices you can purchase for relatively cheap and they have lower range options too. I'm not saying iOS is doing bad mind you. I'm just saying that when it comes to mobile OS, iOS isn't even close to as widely used as Android and that video shows that in dramatic fashion.

The context was there. Again, you're talking phone vs phone. The video is about OS adoption. Yes, iOS is only on Apple devices whereas Android is on a multitude of devices, but that doesn't really matter that much. If people really wanted to use iOS, they would get an Apple device. At one point, you could have argued that Apple devices were simply too expensive for the masses to get, but now they have a bunch of legacy devices you can purchase for relatively cheap and they have lower range options too. I'm not saying iOS is doing bad mind you. I'm just saying that when it comes to mobile OS, iOS isn't even close to as widely used as Android and that video shows that in dramatic fashion.

Lol the average consumers aren't breaking down software and specs fam. It's more about brands.

Lol the average consumers aren't breaking down software and specs fam. It's more about brands.

I think it goes both ways actually. Some people are brand loyal and some are OS loyal. There are things Android does that iOS can't like allowing for launchers.

Note 10 owners after having your phones how do you like them? Was the hype real

I'm still blown that the note cant unfold audio files like the iPhone could, but aside from that I dont have any complaints.

I only used the S pen from time to time up until a couple weeks ago, now I use it 90% of the time. So I already know its gonna be tough to go back to a phone with no S pen.

This is easily the best phone in the game.

Back