Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Android users assemble!!!

google lens in the camera app does what buxby vision does

-Screenshot - long press power button, and the the right will be "power off, restart, screenshot and "emergency" (just got added to this with the last update but the aforementioned were already there when you long pressed start

-note taking - you should really try to use google assistant more. Depending on what gestures you have enabled, you can squeeze the lower half of your phone and that will activate the assistant, or you can press the assistant button in the google search bar (assuming you didnt remove it from the home screen) and verbally tell your phone to make a note of whatever it is you want. If you want a specific app, i believe the google phones come preloaded with Google keep. Its simple and basic and does what you need it to do unless you trying to do something more advanced.

-copy to text - i swear i just saw this bomb ass new feature that was just added to android that does this. I mean, out of the box, a simple long press on the cursor brings up the clipboard allowing you to select the text which you want to copy and/or share. You know what, i think it was the split screen video @Goldie posted that you can copy text from one screen down/up to the other one.

-screen editing - I assume you mean video editing? That might take a 3rd party app to do that, but introduced a couple of updates ago, if you took a screenshot on the phone, you can now edit it right there by going to "mark up" after you take the picture

all these things you can do with your phone right now that wouldnt require you to get a new one, but if you just want a new phone, then that's your prerogative.

Thank you for that, seriously.

But to go from:

Screenshot: Waving your hand over the screen of your phone to long press may be just my laziness that gives me pause.

Note Taking: I don't have time to "speak" to my assistant as I am mostly in an environment (meetings, shows, events etc) that make speaking to my assistant a bit difficult. And the note taking has to be concise as with my Note I would press record and allow it to listen to my meetings and it would jot down my "Meeting Minutes" for up to 90 min. I am not sure the Pixel has anything that will do this .... accurately. or as accurate as the Note did.

Copy to Text: I will have to take a look into this as I used copy to text OFTEN and would do just that, grab a paragraph and move it to another screen.

Screen Editing:
No Sir, I mean... once you take a screen shot, you are able to remove what you do not want on the screen at that time. Edit it in a way that you would like and save it as a word/ PDF Document. This cut down on a LOT of file converging and editing on the back end.

But I will also search for the apps you suggested.

Thanks again.. :-D

Thank you for that, seriously.

But to go from:

Screenshot: Waving your hand over the screen of your phone to long press may be just my laziness that gives me pause.

Note Taking: I don't have time to "speak" to my assistant as I am mostly in an environment (meetings, shows, events etc) that make speaking to my assistant a bit difficult. And the note taking has to be concise as with my Note I would press record and allow it to listen to my meetings and it would jot down my "Meeting Minutes" for up to 90 min. I am not sure the Pixel has anything that will do this .... accurately. or as accurate as the Note did.

Copy to Text: I will have to take a look into this as I used copy to text OFTEN and would do just that, grab a paragraph and move it to another screen.

Screen Editing: No Sir, I mean... once you take a screen shot, you are able to remove what you do not want on the screen at that time. Edit it in a way that you would like and save it as a word/ PDF Document. This cut down on a LOT of file converging and editing on the back end.

But I will also search for the apps you suggested.

Thanks again.. :-D

-screenshot - doing a quick google, that seems like a samsung exclusive feature. That may not be able to be replicated especially if its considered proprietary. But like i said, i just did a quick search. I personally prefer the long press but to each is own.

-note taking - seems like there are a few third party apps that do this very well, but if you like the idea of Samsung phone being able to do it out the box, then i can see why that is a selling point for you

-copy to text - try it out and let me know if you need any help

-screen editing - you can remove what you want at that time right out the box, however, unfortunately, in my quick google search, there was nothing that i could find that would allow you to save it as a pdf/word. Now, i primarily use the google camera app, and i havent had the need to do the things you tend to do on a frequent basis. In the event I need to scan a document or something and convert it to pdf, etc...i use one of the many free 3rd party apps that you can use

the beauty of android as an OS is that you arent bound by using whatever it is they put on a phone. The play store has thousands of apps that can do what you need to do I feel. It then boils down to whether you want to take the time to look into which ones that will, which you've already stated time isn't something you have in abundance of, or you can get it straight out the box with Samsung appears to do just that for you.

I dont think you can go wrong in either case.

When you iphone peasants can watch shit and scroll through abw at the same time let me know :tuh:

View attachment 171505

Just a year ago Goldie was talking mad shit bout Android and Android users.

Now he barely had his Galaxy and he talking shit bout Iphone. lol......

giphy.gif

I was thinking bout getting a Pixel when I upgrade my phone but the only thing I seen that's great about it is the camera.

@AP21 what's so great about the Pixel silm?

a huge selling point for me is lack of bloatware and the pixel phones are usually first in line for updates. I've only seen the Android Essential phone get updates before pixel phones. Not sure why but that seems to be a pattern, but it's not like its months later or some shit. Maybe a few days tops.

I got my shit the day it went live and im with cricket, so idk if i had to wait for them to test anything out like most people do with carrier branded versions. Fwiw, i bought mine from google when i had project Fi, but switched to cricket sometime in the last 18 months.

Now, i know at one point, you could not remove bloatware from samsung phones unless you rooted it (jailbroke it) but then they started making it impossible b/c they would lock down the bootloader

i know samsung got a lot of flack from people about that and said that they would look into trying to find a compromise. Im not sure what that is tbh. Idk if they've made some of the preinstalled apps deletable (sp??) or you can just hide them or something, but it would annoy me that they (and others) would tout all the storage space that came on the phone (once they got rid of sd card slots) only to fill it up with shit you couldnt delete to create more space so I felt like that was false advertising. There are some google apps that come preloaded on the phone that you cant delete, but if you unlock it, you can, however, there are some that you wont be able to as they are considered vital components of the OS and i get that so thats not a concern for me.

Also, google will let you finance it at 0% if you get it from them.

Features wise, i mean its an Android OS, so not gonna be a ton of exclusives if you care about that kinda thing, but that will come into play with the different manufacturers that use Android as an OS.

Why u bringing up old shit? Lol

That's back when iPhone had the best phone in the game

Nah slim, the internal hardware is still miles ahead of android.

The note being unable to unfold mqa files is still a big L. The trasition from one thread/app/etc is way smoother on the iPhone.

iPhone arguably has the best cam of the year so far.

I know its iPhone vs android, but as somebody who has used the latest from both in the last year ima keep it a buck. I'm not married to either side.

Nah slim, the internal hardware is still miles ahead of android.

The note being unable to unfold mqa files is still a big L. The trasition from one thread/app/etc is way smoother on the iPhone.

iPhone arguably has the best cam of the year so far.

I know its iPhone vs android, but as somebody who has used the latest from both in the last year ima keep it a buck. I'm not married to either side.

Internal hardware can be great but if the SOFTWARE is locked down and you are limited to what you can do... then what's the point? That was my biggest gripe with iPhones.

Having to go through all the trouble way back to jailbreak the phone to get great features on some shit I own, but cant truly customize without having to do all this extra mess is terrible

Internal hardware can be great but if the SOFTWARE is locked down and you are limited to what you can do... then what's the point? That was my biggest gripe with iPhones.

Having to go through all the trouble way back to jailbreak the phone to get great features on some shit I own, but cant truly customize without having to do all this extra mess is terrible

Nigga stop buying iPhone's from the local cornerstore lol I've never had to jailbreak an iphone

Back