Welcome To aBlackWeb

An Oral History of Jay-Z's Blueprint - Released 18 years ago today

@Duwop

Takeover was originally for Beans....damn!!

Hip Hop:
We were doing Beans’ album [The Reason], and I was managing Kanye. I needed a few records for Beans. We needed to finish strong. So Kanye came with "Takeover" for Beans. He was like, "Yo, this is the one right here!" He told me what it was, and I was like, "Damn, that's a Doors sample. We have two weeks left. You can't clear The Doors in two weeks!" So at that point they were like, "For Beans last song you can't have a sample."

damn, Ye wanted to give H-izzo to Ghostface and "aint no love" to DMX

So we couldn't use “Takeover.” Then the other beats Kanye gave me as his manager. And it was "H to the Izzo," "Never Change," and "Ain't No Love." It was those four beats. And he basically had people he wanted to get them to. He was thinking more in that context like, "I need to get these beats out. I'm a producer now." He told Gee [Roberson] “H to the Izzo” was for Ghostface and “Ain't No Love” was for DMX. And Jay wasn't working at the time. Jay wasn't working on The Blueprint.

Lol they do this every year....all this is common knowledge still one of the best albums of all time tho

I always love the stories of beats....

I think beans owed Jay anyway cuz they did rock the mic behind his back.....

That's why Jay was prolly on what we do is wrong... Nigga was like fuck that y'all niggaz ain't freezing me out again....

And I would love the story behind 1 for peedi.... Cuz I know Jay ain't pass on that shit

Jay Z best album this millenium= American Gangster. I had this debate on other sites and I had a discussion with this fans of Jay z . My cousins loves Jay z and when I visited them we always had discussion about his best album, its always beetween reasnoable doubt and american gangster.

I think Stillmatic and Supreme Clientele are perfect albums, proably the best albums this millenium

Back