Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW American Skin

btw the trial/heavy dialogue part felt like a play. Good stuff, tho i already knew all the arguments. Nothing new was presented. Still dope af to hear

See the source image

I missed this

The way they didn't detail how dudes took over the police station.. that's a huge deal that they should spend more time on..

Yea, how they took over the police station irked me.

They literally jus rushed the front of the building n lit the place up, yet not one cop died.

But I guess how they took over the place didnt really matter (cuz taking over a big city police station in America in 2020 is literally impossible). So the storyline jus required them getting inside so they could have the "trial"/dialogue. How they got inside was really irrelevant

american skin once again caters/centers the feelings of cops. Black ppl have been trying to reason with cops for ages. weve marched, weve held town hall meetings, we even had community and police cookouts and yet i just read about a 9 year old Black girl being pepper sprayed while handcuffed, yesterday.

its never ending. relentless.

reality is, american policing is inherently racist, violent and oppressive—since its incecption (slave patrols = police) and theres no way around this. this is history. this is culture.

and no one cop is the issue, american policing, in total, functions off of the subjugation of other ppl, no matter if the cop is Black, white, puerto rican or asian, no matter if the citizen is Black, white, puerto rican or asian

to be frank, killing one cop or even 3 wouldnt change the foundation of policing, wouldnt tap the surface. racial biases in policing is systematic and engrained in society, a congenital malformation. police are taught to profile Black ppl and 9 times out of 10 many of those killed by police were previously stalked and harrassed before meeting their untimely, and final fate. (philando castile was stopped 49 times by police before he was shot in the chest in front of his girlfriend by officer Yanez)

Listen, nate parker had to enter the courthouse with one thing in mind: the police are the enemy and to avenge my son, they have to go. no dialogue, no mock trial, straight headshots.

but as we witnesssed it was never about revenge or shooting a few crooked cops, it was to pass the gnawing pit in his stomach from losing his son on to someone else, the desperation that comes from being in an uncertain situation where the odds are definitely not in your favor and as we learned from the ending, no amount of dialogue, no amount of connectedness thru shared experiences makes a difference.

the outcome remains the same: they always get to return home, we dont.

Last edited:
If he was gonna soft shoe the ending like that he could've at least pistol whipped them. Harm them somehow

The only ppl harmed were the boy, the black accomplice and the father... like damn, can we any satisfaction?

Back in the 70s the blaxploitation films had a "get whitey" theme to pacify black audiences after the Civil rights era winded down. That's why theatres were packed cuz black folk could suspend disbelief for 2 hour and watch Jim Brown and Pam Grier kick some jive honkey ass... they knew it wasn't reality but it was a form of therapy for the oppression they would face outside of the theatre

Back