Welcome To aBlackWeb

All-time NBA Tiers

I would generally agree. Dude makes good arguments.

I think so too. Only change I would have made was that I'd go ahead and put Lebron on tier 1 with MJ. I agree with knocking Lebron for doing what he did with MIA, but I think his performances in the Finals in CLE erase that.

I would disagree.

Bron’s biggest drawback when being compared to MJ is being outplayed in the Finals by the likes of Jason Terry and JJ Barea.

Bron also lost multiple Finals when you could argue his team had more talent.

Between that and the eye test you can’t put him next to Jordan. He is Top 3 without question tho

I think the better question is which active players on that list have the most potential for upward mobility.

Who is missing that could make climb a few levels when it’s all said and done?

I think Steph and KD have a chance to climb to 3 and potentially 2.

Kawhi has a lot more work to do but he has that potential as well.

Last edited:
I would disagree.

Bron’s biggest drawback when being compared to MJ is being outplayed in the Finals by the likes of Jason Terry and JJ Barea.

Bron also lost multiple Finals when you could argue his team had more talent.

Between that and the eye test you can’t put him next to Jordan. He is Top 3 without question tho

All that is true, but it doesn't erase his greatness. Bron had one Finals where he was the leader in points, assists, and rebounds for both teams. THe very next Finals he was the leader in points, assist, rebounds, steals, and blocks for both teams. Nobody else in BBall history has done either of those, and I don't think any other person could have done it, not even MJ. Yeah, as far as the greats go, Bron has had some bad performances, but he's also had some supreme performances. I wouldn't say he's better than MJ, but you got to put him on the same level. IMO The more I look at his list as a whole, the more I like it though.

I think the better question is which active players on that list have the most potential for upward mobility.

Who is missing that could make climb a few levels when it’s all said and done?

I think Steph and KD have a change to climb to 3 and potentially 2.

Kawhi has a lot more work to do but he has that potential as well.

I could see KD at 2 especially if he moves to another team and carries it to a chamipionship. I wouldn't agree with Curry there though. He's the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA IMO, but outside of that he's not that far beyond other elite guards in the game now.

Sees Pippen in the screencap
Refuses to watch video
Don't @ me

I didn’t @ you. I quoted you.

Pippen isn't on the actual list.

You saw a screen cap of the example video where he explains the process.

You should give the actual video a look

All that is true, but it doesn't erase his greatness. Bron had one Finals where he was the leader in points, assists, and rebounds for both teams. THe very next Finals he was the leader in points, assist, rebounds, steals, and blocks for both teams. Nobody else in BBall history has done either of those, and I don't think any other person could have done it, not even MJ. Yeah, as far as the greats go, Bron has had some bad performances, but he's also had some supreme performances. I wouldn't say he's better than MJ, but you got to put him on the same level. IMO The more I look at his list as a whole, the more I like it though.

I could see KD at 2 especially if he moves to another team and carries it to a chamipionship. I wouldn't agree with Curry there though. He's the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA IMO, but outside of that he's not that far beyond other elite guards in the game now.

That’s a reasonable position, generally. I’m not convinced in how you got there tho.

Context matters. Curry is one of the few on the list who built his team from the lottery to historic levels of success. Magic inherited Kareem, KAJ went to the Lakers, Lebron had to go and get his with a proven HOFamer, Kobe inherited Shaq, Duncan inherited 60 win franchise, and the best organization in NBA history, You can even look at Bird etc

If this dude gets 6 or more off of something he built from scratch with an absurd resume to boot - you have to look at that.

He is also playing in the Point Guard era. Which Shooting Guards did Kobe have to compete with? Lebron outside of KD? Competition at Steph’s position is arguably better.

And I disagree about the gap between him and his contemporaries. Outside of Harden, what Guards today are you putting on his level?

And if he keeps any of those great guards from getting a chip, especially without KD - What does that say about him?

As great as he is, you have KD potentially there and he has never proven he could do any of that. And he arguably isn’t the best at his position (Bron) and he has guys in his orbit too (PG just one 1st team, look at Kawhi etc)

Just some perspective

Last edited:
You biased bruh. He’s in the convo.

If he isn’t, Objectively, where would you put him?

He's 6-10.

His record is 3-6. Making it out of the weak ass east isn't as impressive as the media tries to make it seem. All those stats don't mean shit if you're known to lose, word to Harden.

He's 6-10.

His record is 3-6. Making it out of the weak ass east isn't as impressive as the media tries to make it seem. All those stats don't mean shit if you're known to lose, word to Harden.

giphy.gif

I see you!

Somewhere between 6-10

Homie is great but cut this shit out bout him being on Jordan's level basketball wise.

Y'all got an point if we talking bout impact. But on the court, Nah Son.

Jordan it’s not close. That’s always been my position.

You have him at 6? Who you have ahead of him and why?

That’s a reasonable position, generally. I’m not convinced in how you got there tho.

Context matters. Curry is one of the few on the list who built his team from the lottery to historic levels of success. Magic inherited Kareem, KAJ went to the Lakers, Lebron had to go and get his with a proven HOFamer, Kobe inherited Shaq, Duncan inherited 60 win franchise, and the best organization in NBA history, You can even look at Bird etc

If this dude gets 6 or more off of something he built from scratch with an absurd resume to boot - you have to look at that.

He is also playing in the Point Guard era. Which Shooting Guards did Kobe have to compete with? Lebron outside of KD? Competition at Steph’s position is arguably better.

And I disagree about the gap between him and his contemporaries. Outside of Harden, what Guards today are you putting on his level?

And if he keeps any of those great guards from getting a chip, especially without KD - What does that say about him?

As great as he is, you have KD potentially there and he has never proven he could do any of that. And he arguably isn’t the best at his position (Bron) and he has guys in his orbit too (PG just one 1st team, look at Kawhi etc)

Just some perspective

Curry didn't really build anything though. He was just the best player on a well put together team. Pippen credit MJ with making him the player he became. Curry can't say that about any of the players on GS. The management and coaches for GS are the real MVPs for that team. It's basically the NBA version of the Patriots.

Curry didn't really build anything though. He was just the best player on a well put together team. Pippen credit MJ with making him the player he became. Curry can't say that about any of the players on GS. The management and coaches for GS are the real MVPs for that team. It's basically the NBA version of the Patriots.

Lol You going to tell me Curry doesn’t make them boys better?

Bruh ... they been to 5 straight Finals

You think Jordan’s coach was ok during his Finals run? So was Phil the Real MVP?

And let’s not act like they have had a roster comparable to Showtime or Bird’s Celtics.
Nah man. Not even close...

They are a great team without a consistently deep roster of great players.

You don’t think Steph makes that whole greater than the sum of it’s parts?

It it a coincidence that it became a “great” organization after Steph got there?

They certainly weren’t great the previous two decades.

Lol You going to tell me Curry doesn’t make them boys better?

Bruh ... they been to 5 straight Finals

You think Jordan’s coach was ok during his Finals run? So was Phil the Real MVP?

And let’s not act like they have had a roster comparable to Showtime or Bird’s Celtics.
Nah man. Not even close...

They are a great team without a consistently deep roster of great players.

You don’t think Steph makes that whole greater than the sum of it’s parts?

It it a coincidence that it became a “great” organization after Steph got there?

They certainly weren’t great the previous two decades.

Steph is good at what he does, but he's just a cog in the machine, a very good and important cog, but no, I don't believe that he has made the other players better. I think they are all independently good at doing what they do, and that's what makes the team great.

Steph didn't just get there and instantly make the team better all by himself. A lot of moves played into that.

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/How-the-Golden-State-Warriors-Built-a-Winner

Back