Welcome To aBlackWeb

Alec Baldwin Charged with Discharging Prop Gun That Killed "Rust" Cinematographer & Critically Injured Director

to be frank, it's a lot of ignorance goin on

from this unfortunate incident to everyone sayin Alec should've checked the gun, etc.

I mean, I've seen multiple people try to make the comparison of somebody on the street handing you a gun & sayin it's safe as no different than someone on a movie set

smh

Reactions: GNS
Hopefully this leads to everyone always checking any weapon handed to them on any occasion. It most likely won't but hopefully it does.

in the real world, yea

but it's different on set

I heard 1 armorer say him & the actor are the only ones allowed to touch the gun

& the actor isn't posed to "check the weapon" cuz then the armorer would have start all over to make sure the weapon is "safe"

it seems in this situation the assistant director also handled the weapon which is a big no-no

An unnamed producer who spoke with The Wrap contested Brumbaugh's account of Gutierrez-Reed's work on "The Old Way."

"I have no such recollection of this event on our set. I asked my partners the same," the producer said. "The details on some of these accounts specifically when it pertains to 'The Old Way' have been blown out of proportion."
Yea some of these have seemed way too much like their just attacking her since she's pretty much been a target after it became known she said she wasn't ready

in the real world, yea

but it's different on set

I heard 1 armorer say him & the actor are the only ones allowed to touch the gun

& the actor isn't posed to "check the weapon" cuz then the armorer would have start all over to make sure the weapon is "safe"

it seems in this situation the assistant director also handled the weapon which is a big no-no

I specified on any occasion for a reason. Rules need to be changed if the person being handed a real weapon isn't allowed to check said weapon to ensure its safety.

Oscar-nominated actor Alec Baldwin was charged with involuntary manslaughter in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the New Mexico set of the Western movie “Rust,” prosecutors said Thursday.

The film’s armorer who was in charge of weapons on the set, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, was also charged with involuntary manslaughter, according to New Mexico First Judicial District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies.

"Rust" first assistant director, David Halls, has agreed to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon, according to Carmack-Altwies' office.

I think whats probably gonna fuck him up is that he's a producer on the film. If he had knowledge that people quit before this happened because folks werent following safety protocols like they were supposed to and did nothing about it AND he's the one that actually pulled the trigger.. I dont see how he gets out of this one unscathed.

It's a wrap for the armorer though... I dont see any wiggle room on that one

Back