Alec Baldwin Discharged Prop Gun That Killed "Rust" Cinematographer & Critically Injured Director

Sion

Legion of Trill
2020 ABW Greatest Fall Off
Feb 14, 2017
Legion of Trill
ABW Bucks
$97,760,212
save his ass how?

Unless he actually loaded the gun with the live round himself or had knowledge of it being a hot gun and fired it anyway, how would this ever end up being on him?
A lawyer can argue she was primarily responsible for the handling of firearms for the set and staff in making sure weapons were safe to use. Her employers hired her based on her resume. It may not have been entirely truthful but hey most people lie on their resume. It's not their fault it's hers. She may not have been fit for the job and as a result, this happened. The studio did its best to hire someone they trusted would do a fair job. The unsafe work conditions can be argued that based on where they were filming in the desert, there's only so much they can control.

I doubt he loaded it himself but who knows. The fact he also apologized and was reported as saying "why did you give me a hot gun" tells me otherwise.

This revelation can save his ass from more serious charges. He'll likely still get sued by the family unless he's already approached them private to settle or offer to pay for funeral and her son's and family's whole life.

Inori

NAWF
Aug 11, 2017
ABW Bucks
$10,078,772
A lawyer can argue she was primarily responsible for the handling of firearms for the set and staff in making sure weapons were safe to use. Her employers hired her based on her resume. It may not have been entirely truthful but hey most people lie on their resume. It's not their fault it's hers. She may not have been fit for the job and as a result, this happened. The studio did its best to hire someone they trusted would do a fair job. The unsafe work conditions can be argued that based on where they were filming in the desert, there's only so much they can control.

I doubt he loaded it himself but who knows. The fact he also apologized and was reported as saying "why did you give me a hot gun" tells me otherwise.

This revelation can save his ass from more serious charges. He'll likely still get sued by the family unless he's already approached them private to settle or offer to pay for funeral and her son's and family's whole life.
I would imagine that would be on the prop person and/or the studio to be sued and held liable for her death... not the actor.

I dont see any way, outside of him just feeling bad about the entire situation, that he would be personally responsible to make the family whole. Thats assuming he just showed up to do his job and they handed him a loaded weapon without his knowledge. That aint his fault

Black_Samson

Dec 19, 2017
ABW Bucks
$5,533,773
Only person that should face anything is that idiot that think blanks and live rounds should be stored together.

Without that fucking carnie none of this would have happened.

Bitch obviously only got experience in judging whether or not you shot all the red out of your card at the carnival.

Infamous114

Dade County
Mod Squad
2020 ABW Mod of the Year
Aug 27, 2017
Miami, FL
ABW Bucks
$27,035,404

Disanthrope

Inconvenient truth + Neccessary evil
Dec 21, 2017
ABW Bucks