Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akon: Africans no longer care about slavery but African Americans still blame the past

It's not just africans tho, most immigrants be on that shit.

They arrived in the states after black americans already did all the work, opened all the doors for yall mfs to benefit from and then have the audacity to judge the condition of black americans.

Meanwhile yall still can trace your whole family tree back, you have the option to go back "home" whenever you want. We don't have a history, we don't have a home. What you're seeing is the result of hundreds of years of slavery.

Akon saying "black americans need to get over it" pissed me df off.

I’ve been seeing a lot of these sentiments lately. Who are these immigrants? Why are y’all lumping them all together. There are many immigrants from the Caribbean and Latin America who are black that not only completely understand the effects slavery continues to have on African Americans, but can completely relate since you know, they too are victims of the Transatlantic Slave Trade. They too would have a problem tracing their family tree and going back to these former colonies from the US still wouldn’t be going back home either.

Akon says some foolishness some how most immigrants think this way. There have been African Americans with this same mindset yet somehow they don’t represent all African Americans but it’s different for black “immigrants”? I guess it’s we also forget the black civil rights activists like Garvey, Nkrumah, and Stokely in this narrative too? Smh.

I’ve been seeing a lot of these sentiments lately. Who are these immigrants? Why are y’all lumping them all together. There are many immigrants from the Caribbean and Latin America who are black that not only completely understand the effects slavery continues to have on African Americans, but can completely relate since you know, they too are victims of the Transatlantic Slave Trade. They too would have a problem tracing their family tree and going back to these former colonies from the US still wouldn’t be going back home either.

Akon says some foolishness some how most immigrants think this way. There have been African Americans with this same mindset yet somehow they don’t represent all African Americans but it’s different for black “immigrants”? I guess it’s we also forget the black civil rights activists like Garvey, Nkrumah, and Stokely in this narrative too? Smh.

Asking me "who are these immigrants" is like asking "where is this racism you speak of?". If you've been able to go through life and not experience immigrants (not exclusive to black immigrants, im including latinos, asians, etc) who share the same sentiments as Akon then good for you bro. But there's a lot of people who do.

The African American vs African "tension" has been going on long before Akon sat on Vlad's couch.

China came in with big money and power though.
Then don't

Akon not a damn spokesperson for 1.2 billion people either, most African countries don't even fuck with eachother so I don't know what hes talking about.

What exactly are the natives gonna do about it? Akon been saying this for 15 years that people can move in droves.

Ghana is even offering free citizenship to black Americans.

Ghana, Kenya, uganda, Rwanda, Gambia and many others are open for basically anyone to set up shop or buy land.

But go ahead and believe what u want.

Nobody said Akon was a spokesperson for anybody. History has shown more than enough times that masses of people moving into foreign lands causes a conflict with the native peoples. That is all the fuck I'm saying and been saying and will continue to say cause its true.

They can fuck shit up if that is what they choose to do.

None of the bold is new information and it doesn't contradict anything I've said.

I'm going to believe what I know cause I damn for sure ain't about to believe you.

Let's end this and I'll say I was wrong if you can provide me 2 examples of masses of people of any race or nationality moving to a foreign land setting up shop and buying up a lot of land and that not eventually causing a conflict with the native people of that land.

I'm on the fence.
Akon full of shit but I understand where he's coming from.

I'm trying to buy up shit in Tanzania and hopefully Zanzibar to do my part ...But when I visited years back I was kinda confused on quite a few things I will speak about at another time.

Akon city will come from Chinese money.

I think we black Americans can do a lot on the continent....But we will need our own space to start off.

About that last part Liberia was exactly that. When black Americans bring that Americaness

Asking me "who are these immigrants" is like asking "where is this racism you speak of?". If you've been able to go through life and not experience immigrants (not exclusive to black immigrants, im including latinos, asians, etc) who share the same sentiments as Akon then good for you bro. But there's a lot of people who do.

The African American vs African "tension" has been going on long before Akon sat on Vlad's couch.

Why do you keep using immigrants and Africans interchangeably? First you start off saying you’re including all immigrants and end up talking about tensions between Africans and African Americans. All immigrants aren’t African and all black immigrants aren’t African. Africa is a big continent but you’ve met enough, let alone that have similar views like Akon, to paint a whole continent with that broad brush?

I see you ignored the rest of my post. Do you have nothing to say about black immigrants from the Caribbean and Latin America and those who are first or second or third generation Americans, with immigrant roots, who share the same history of the Transatlantic Slave Trade? Nothing to say about the black immigrants who helped out during the civil rights era like Garvey, Nkrumah, Carmichael? Malcolm X only had one African American parent, his mother from Grenada. What about the black Caribbeans and Africans who were active in UNIA chapters in the US during the civil rights era? Do their contributions not count? How about today? The black immigrant or descendants of immigrants doctors who contributed to make health care better for all black Americans? They have eased and advocated for black patients because as we know, there have been studies, there’s a lot medical racism. None of those people count? Do Diamond and Silk represent African Americans? Clarence Thomas? Herman Caín? They had and have platforms.

Why do you keep using immigrants and Africans interchangeably? First you start off saying you’re including all immigrants and end up talking about tensions between Africans and African Americans. All immigrants aren’t African and all black immigrants aren’t African. Africa is a big continent but you’ve met enough, let alone that have similar views like Akon, to paint a whole continent with that broad brush?

I see you ignored the rest of my post. Do you have nothing to say about black immigrants from the Caribbean and Latin America and those who are first or second or third generation Americans, with immigrant roots, who share the same history of the Transatlantic Slave Trade? Nothing to say about the black immigrants who helped out during the civil rights era like Garvey, Nkrumah, Carmichael? Malcolm X only had one African American parent, his mother from Grenada. What about the black Caribbeans and Africans who were active in UNIA chapters in the US during the civil rights era? Do their contributions not count? How about today? The black immigrant or descendants of immigrants doctors who contributed to make health care better for all black Americans? They have eased and advocated for black patients because as we know, there have been studies, there’s a lot medical racism. None of those people count? Do Diamond and Silk represent African Americans? Clarence Thomas? Herman Caín? They had and have platforms.

I concluded my post referencing Africans vs Black Americans because that's what this thread was originally about.........

Again, you're using a lot of "All lives matters" type stances. No, I haven't met every african in the world, the same way I haven't met every white person in america. But I've met enough to say there's a lot who are racist.

In my original post I said "Not all africans, but a lot". Both can be true.

About that last part Liberia was exactly that. When black Americans bring that Americaness

That's not exactly true. The problem was black Americans bringing an Americaness. It was basically the U.S. giving black Americans land that was already occupied by other people and expecting it to turn out well. It was basically the same thing the world did with Israel. The difference is that all these other countries have been giving Israel money for decades and basically helped them bully the Palestinians where in Liberia, after the black Americans settled, the US basically washed its hands of it all.

This mentality is the result of colonization which is white supremacy. I'm not surprised he'd say a talking point of white supremacist.

This is why I be like "fuck Africans." Not all, but some.

Most of them come from countries where this shit - and the fallouts of it (segregations, Jim Crow, etc) - is non-existant.

Then, they come to America and be all confused has to why Black Americans are in constant rage and anger all the time. Unfortunately, a TON of Native Africans that end up in America hold a very low view of Black Americans and stay propping up these cacs.

Nobody said Akon was a spokesperson for anybody. History has shown more than enough times that masses of people moving into foreign lands causes a conflict with the native peoples. That is all the fuck I'm saying and been saying and will continue to say cause its true.

They can fuck shit up if that is what they choose to do.

None of the bold is new information and it doesn't contradict anything I've said.

I'm going to believe what I know cause I damn for sure ain't about to believe you.

Let's end this and I'll say I was wrong if you can provide me 2 examples of masses of people of any race or nationality moving to a foreign land setting up shop and buying up a lot of land and that not eventually causing a conflict with the native people of that land.

Well damn. 100% right

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
This is why I be like "fuck Africans." Not all, but some.

Most of them come from countries where this shit - and the fallouts of it (segregations, Jim Crow, etc) - is non-existant.

Then, they come to America and be all confused has to why Black Americans are in constant rage and anger all the time. Unfortunately, a TON of Native Africans that end up in America hold a very low view of Black Americans and stay propping up these cacs.

Thing is tho all of them been colonized and it’s documented the impacts of colonization. They should know better

Thing is tho all of them been colonized and it’s documented the impacts of colonization. They should know better
Not all of Africa has been colonized and additionally saying they should know better is stupid like we don’t have Clarence Thomases, Ben Carson’s, Candace Owens and etc walking round

The division exists, and it's very pronounced.

It stings so much for black Americans because many of us share this feeling that we still are all one with Africans because we share skin tone, and many of us have origins that can be traced back though DNA n what not.

I understand that people feel things should be one way, but dudes like Akon never hide their feelings on how things really are in the minds of many people.

Shit it just a painful reality that I think many black Americans wish wasn't true, but it just is. This planet is a fucked up place. And the shit behind slavery didn't just fuck our legacy up.. the act and all the shit afterwards sent out ripples all over the world.

When America...a world power... Started showing its blatant ugliness with the lies supporting systematic racism, when they started propagy to justify horrible treatment towards blacks during Jim Crow and civil rights.... When they went hard with mass incarceration and superthugs, and to be war on drugs n all that shit....

It wasn't just white America they were convincing that black people were their own worst enemy.... That shit spread world wide....

So much so that Africans (some... Not all, lol) try to distance themselves from us. Like yeah we all black..... But we are not like them American niggaz... We different... We were never enslaved...we be don't come from generations of crack junkies and every other dumb ass stereotype white people got the world believing about black Americans...

Like the damages from allll that shit spread much further than white vs black... The whole world watched it...and based on their interpretation... They all saw it different.

Mad Africans don't have a high opinion of Black Americans. This interview is proof of that

Y’all also don’t realize the shit Africans take from African Americans when they move here ......this usually forces a lot of Africans to insulate themselves in their own communities

It's always been weird that African Americans try to force this brotherhood with Africans. We should be cool of course. AAs descend from Africa and I think we should have a good working relationship. But AAs are a different group. We've been molded into something else through centuries of experiences that are completely different from what people in Africa have gone through. The whole Back to Africa movement and all these other things where people act like Africa is the Mecca for AAs are misguided to me.

Reactions: GNS
Back