Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akademiks Claims Jay-Z Uses "Black-Owned" As A "Bait & Switch" Business Move

Someone in the comments section wrote "lol nah niggas think Jay-Z is Black God and every W for him is supposed to be a W for you. Tidal pays artist the most to this DAY. And the Square deal is just gonna create a platform like CashApp to pay artists. yall behind"

Someone in the comments section wrote "lol nah niggas think Jay-Z is Black God and every W for him is supposed to be a W for you. Tidal pays artist the most to this DAY. And the Square deal is just gonna create a platform like CashApp to pay artists. yall behind"
This is what happens when you idolise and put people on a pedestal just because of celebrity. All i care about when it comes to Jay is his music. He doesn't owe me anything else.

Ak...... is... not wrong

Selling Tidal kinda destroys the black owned streaming site narrative

Jay Z is in a long history of "Black businessmen" who White businesssmen use to galvanize Black support via Black capitalist pandering for shit that White people don't give a fuck about, only to sell it back to White people once Black people make it popular and profitable. Diddy and 50 Cent do the same shit but not in such a political way.

Jay Z entire business accumen is based on using his individual success and fame to make shit popular via Black capitalism rhetoric.

If Jay Z just did shit like a normal businessman, instead of pandering and posturing that he's "down for the people, so buy my shit", he wouldn't have any success besides Rocawear.

It would be nice to see a jay or russell simmons just hold on to a business for the culture instead of taking the cash every time

I was kinda shocked and disappointed when rus sold def jam to that jew vulture

I get the thrill of flipping money but damn

Are there any other black owned companies like Square that wanted to buy Tidal?

Is he supposed to keep a company if he continues to lose money on it?

Jay Z is in a long history of "Black businessmen" who White businesssmen use to galvanize Black support via Black capitalist pandering for shit that White people don't give a fuck about, only to sell it back to White people once Black people make it popular and profitable. Diddy and 50 Cent do the same shit but not in such a political way.

Jay Z entire business accumen is based on using his individual success and fame to make shit popular via Black capitalism rhetoric.

If Jay Z just did shit like a normal businessman, instead of pandering and posturing that he's "down for the people, so buy my shit", he wouldn't have any success besides Rocawear.

All true.

Simply because he sold every business he ever had except Roc Nation.

Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually sells that too.

Last edited:
Back