Welcome To aBlackWeb

ah man not this shxt again

I don't really understand the anger or hatred over people doing stuff like this, but I also don't think black people should be buying that overpriced shit.

Now if white people or others are going to buy it to seem down, I'm not sure why we should fault the brotha for a little come up.

How do you feel about black folks bootlegging his shit which seem to be more or an issue.

How do you feel about black folks bootlegging his shit which seem to be more or an issue.

From what people are saying, he's doing something that black people were already doing for a while before he signed with Gucci. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

From what people are saying, he's doing something that black people were already doing for a while before he signed with Gucci. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

That his design. Folks are using his design and made money off HIS design.

so how is that good by any means for him as the designer?

That his design. Folks are using his design and made money off HIS design.

so how is that good by any means for him as the designer?

I don't know man. I look at his shirts and I don't see much of a design. Maybe its unique, but not so much though that I'd claim that no one else has ever done anything similar. So if you're going to go to market with something that simplistic and then try to charge ridiculous amounts of money for it, you're kinda opening yourself to bootlegging.

I mean if you're charging a lot of money for something. It's kinda supposed to be premium and thus not easily replicated. I can't say I care that much about bootlegging when the only actual difference between the "real" thing and the thing on the street is the label.

So somebody else sees it.

Nobody holding an iPhone in their hand should be complaining about this shit. Nobody with an iPad in their possession, Airpods in their ears, or a Mac anything at the crib should be complaining 'cause it's all elitist bullshit. Like @DOS_patos said, an Android phone don't make the same calls? Can't text on a $59 ZTE or something? Everybody that owns that shit did it because it's a flex, especially them garbage ass Airpods.

White man did it and it's ok. Steve Jobs and Tim Cook made y'all think you were special for having their overpriced second rate shit. An Escalade ain't shit but a Tahoe/Yukon with a Caddy grill on it and y'all niggas lose your fuckin minds for it, somehow you believe it's worth the extra $26K. But Tommey inks a deal with Gucci and he's a sellout??? Y'all niggas was bootlegging his shit to begin with. How many of y'all Philly niggas with a "Philly vs Everybody" joint actually copped it from the vsEverybody website? Or did you cop from the bodega at the corner or Ling's Beauty Supply? That man extended the line from Detroit to include other major cities and y'all niggas STILL bootlegging his shit.

Fuck outta here.

So if this man pairs up with Gucci for a limited edition version of his shit, so be it. Y'all muhfuckas wasn't even buying them from him in the first place, you damned sure ain't buying the more expensive joint. "Support Black businesses" unless Juan or Xaio bootlegs the Black man's product and sells it for the low-low.

fuckin hypocrites

Don't have the shirt but also don't think that website is that known for folks to know to go there and buy the shirts to be supporting the original person who made the shirts and concept.

You're from Detroit so it makes sense that you know that. I actually thought folks saw one and just started pressing up their own. Never knew it was a real store with a whole of line of clothes.

Last edited:

He originated the vs Everybody design. That's HIS shit. Nobody was doing it before him. He did it for Tha D, then extended it to other major cities and even a few causes (i.e. "Everybody vs Cancer") when the shit took off thanks to folks from the city rockin his shit.

I don't know man. I look at his shirts and I don't see much of a design. Maybe its unique, but not so much though that I'd claim that no one else has ever done anything similar. So if you're going to go to market with something that simplistic and then try to charge ridiculous amounts of money for it, you're kinda opening yourself to bootlegging.

I mean if you're charging a lot of money for something. It's kinda supposed to be premium and thus not easily replicated. I can't say I care that much about bootlegging when the only actual difference between the "real" thing and the thing on the street is the label.

m_5bf8bdc4a31c3307a4ed57cd.jpeg

^^^ Niggas used to pay $60+ for that shit. In today's money that's about $100.

The original vsEverybody design shirts go for $35 from the website.

He originated the vs Everybody design. That's HIS shit. Nobody was doing it before him. He did it for Tha D, then extended it to other major cities and even a few causes (i.e. "Everybody vs Cancer") when the shit took off thanks to folks from the city rockin his shit.

I can neither confirm or deny what you're saying. That particular design may be his, but he did not originate the "Blah blah blah vs Everybody" phrase and I seriously doubt he was the first person to put something like that on a T-shirt.

You might be right that he put in the word to make it take off and become a brand, and that's cool. I ain't saying he doesn't deserve to be paid for the work that he put in, but at the end of the day, those shirts aren't worth $300. Pricing them that high when there is virtually no difference between them and a $20 knockoff is what has opened the door for bootlegging.

m_5bf8bdc4a31c3307a4ed57cd.jpeg

^^^ Niggas used to pay $60+ for that shit. In today's money that's about $100.

The original vsEverybody design shirts go for $35 from the website.

The bold gets to the point that I'm making. He artificially inflated the price of a product 10 fold because of a deal with Gucci. When you do shit like that, you pretty much invite bootlegging. As a matter of fact, shit like that is kinda why bootlegging exists.

I can neither confirm or deny what you're saying. That particular design may be his, but he did not originate the "Blah blah blah vs Everybody" phrase and I seriously doubt he was the first person to put something like that on a T-shirt.

You might be right that he put in the word to make it take off and become a brand, and that's cool. I ain't saying he doesn't deserve to be paid for the work that he put in, but at the end of the day, those shirts aren't worth $300. Pricing them that high when there is virtually no difference between them and a $20 knockoff is what has opened the door for bootlegging.

The bold gets to the point that I'm making. He artificially inflated the price of a product 10 fold because of a deal with Gucci. When you do shit like that, you pretty much invite bootlegging. As a matter of fact, shit like that is kinda why bootlegging exists.

He was the first. Let the bruh get his just due.

He never stopped selling the original design. It's still available from the website or one of his store locations in Detroit. I just got a new one delivered two weeks ago. They're still $35.

The $390 price is only for the Gucci variant and a good chunk of the money goes to charity.

He was the first. Let the bruh get his just due.

He never stopped selling the original design. It's still available from the website or one of his store locations in Detroit. I just got a new one delivered two weeks ago. They're still $35.

The $390 price is only for the Gucci variant and a good chunk of the money goes to charity.

He's getting his due. The people who have the money to buy $390 Tshirts and care about labels will buy his shirts. The people who bootleg likely could never have afforded those shirts to begin with, so he's not losing anything by them buy bootlegs.

This is sort of like how people argued that CD burners were going to kill record sales because of all the bootlegging, and the reality is that artists sales weren't hurt at all. In fact we saw more gold and platinum records than ever.

He's getting his due. The people who have the money to buy $390 Tshirts and care about labels will buy his shirts. The people who bootleg likely could never have afforded those shirts to begin with, so he's not losing anything by them buy bootlegs.

This is sort of like how people argued that CD burners were going to kill record sales because of all the bootlegging, and the reality is that artists sales weren't hurt at all. In fact we saw more gold and platinum records than ever.

It’s def hurt music sales. Just because somebody still went gold don’t mean another million folks didn’t bootleg it

how can it not. You can’t argue that shit at all

It’s def hurt music sales. Just because somebody still went gold don’t mean another million folks didn’t bootleg it

how can it not. You can’t argue that shit at all

Again, if the music industry's profits rose despite bootlegging became easier, it would be pretty silly for you to argue that bootlegging hurt the industry.

The problem is that you're assuming that those million people who bootlegged would have bought the retail version had the bootleg not been available. That's simply not true. A lot of people who bootleg do so because they either can't afford the retail or don't like the product enough to spend the retail cost. Either way, that money the original producer likely wouldn't have gotten with or without the existence of bootlegs.

Again, if the music industry's profits rose despite bootlegging became easier, it would be pretty silly for you to argue that bootlegging hurt the industry.

The problem is that you're assuming that those million people who bootlegged would have bought the retail version had the bootleg not been available. That's simply not true. A lot of people who bootleg do so because they either can't afford the retail or don't like the product enough to spend the retail cost. Either way, that money the original producer likely wouldn't have gotten with or without the existence of bootlegs.

Doesn’t matter. It hurt sales. More folks are into music.

If im an independent artist and I sell a million records and another million folks basically stole my shit by bootlegging, do that not hurt my sales?

yes or no?

Doesn’t matter. It hurt sales. More folks are into music.

If im an independent artist and I sell a million records and another million folks basically stole my shit by bootlegging, do that not hurt my sales?

yes or no?

It's impossible to say, but probably not. Again your assumption is that the million folks who bootlegged would have bought the retail album if the bootleg wasn't available, but that is a baseless assumption.

This topic has been studied back and forth.

It's possible that piracy can help independent artists because it spreads the work farther than it might have gone if isolated solely to people willing to spend retail price.

I think you're missing something:

The deal with Gucci is new. Bootlegging his design has been going on for years on end.

Back