Welcome To aBlackWeb

ah man not this shxt again

What's sad is ppl will spend beyond their means buying basic shit like this to satisfy their lust for social status. It's paying for an ego tripping flex.

If ur loaded to the point 400 is practically pocket change for u, it doesn't make it any better. It's elitist asf. You're caught in the classist, consumerist web of deception and lies.
Take it back

Why y’all bitching at him?

Is this the only place to get the shirt?

get his side business shirts if they the same.

he is reaching another audience . Going luxury.

so what.

how many of you niggas got phones and on a payment plan? How many of y’all got an apple phone?

a cheap ass 1st generation android won’t call the same?

Y’all stay shitting in black people for shit but don’t question Cac daddy for shit.

just don’t buy the shirt. You are not being forced. If you want one.....make ya own or get a cheaper one.

Aint that hard.

Pure rage

Ppl accused Dapper Dan of selling out to Gucci when they reached out to him as well. The way I see it, he brought his business from the ground up coming from poverty in East Harlem, reached a peak of fame and notoriety through the 80s and 90s black sport and urban scene, done it all in community, to the point that others at the high end of fashion couldn't deny him. That speaks to his own presence and power.

I understand the appeal to doing it in community, supporting black business. But business is opportunistic. You take what u can get.

Ppl accused Dapper Dan of selling out to Gucci when they reached out to him as well. The way I see it, he brought his business from the ground up coming from poverty in East Harlem, reached a peak of fame and notoriety through the 80s and 90s black sport and urban scene, done it all in community, to the point that others at the high end of fashion couldn't deny him. That speaks to his own presence and power.

I understand the appeal to doing it in community, supporting black business. But business is opportunistic. You take what u can get.

Dapper Dan actually designed and sewed shit. Dapper Dan measured garments and shit. And unfortunately, we don't have the infrastructure of slave labor to mass produce luxury items. And we like exclusive shit.

This motherfucker here designed a shirt on Microsoft Word and some luxury brand slapped on a price tag that could get you bespoke leather boots or some shit.

Dapper Dan actually designed and sewed shit. Dapper Dan measured garments and shit. And unfortunately, we don't have the infrastructure of slave labor to mass produce luxury items. And we like exclusive shit.

This motherfucker here designed a shirt on Microsoft Word and some luxury brand slapped on a price tag that could get you bespoke leather boots or some shit.

I see that. The opportunistic act of reaching for higher heights in business remains the same. We can all sit back and be principled about it while these niggas is getting money. I'm no capitalist but I sometimes see this shit like the adage: don't hate the player hate the game.

Lol no one accused Dspper Dan of selling out when Gucci signed him... niggas were elated... after he got raided and shut down Dan was kind of struggling selling customized clothes... the Gucci deal was his full circle moment and put bread in his pockets

Niggas like to play the victim lol ppl literally fighting for him to get his just due is how he ended up at Gucci

Anyway, I can't say what extent of ppl had that mindset, I'm only going off what I've read about him. There's always a vocal group out there that wants to paint underdogs in an underdog fight, so when they take the top dogs dangling carrot they're accused of being sell outs. Shit happens all the time.

My point remains the same... Business is opportunistic. The same dudes who have their high and mighty principles standing at the wayside, not involved in these contracts can talk a lot. I'd love to see the hunger in their eyes when that carrot is dangling in front of em.

@Race Jones Y'all out there coppin bootlegs if you're gettin' 'em from "the papi store". Meaning y'all ain't supporting Black business at all so really how you gonna get mad about something like this?
They been stealing them shirts from that black man for years and not paying him for his shit.

For some reason, these 2 posts will go completely avoided like the plague.

TS saw a black man doing something for himself and ran to ABW for the umpteenth time to push this racist misandrist agenda.

He did an interview on sway in the morning around the time he got that Gucci deal. There was an uproar when he made that move. His explanation is that now that he is in, he can get other blacks in.
I dont look into what he does so I cant confirm if he is following through on that strategy.

Why y’all bitching at him?

Is this the only place to get the shirt?

get his side business shirts if they the same.

he is reaching another audience . Going luxury.

so what.

how many of you niggas got phones and on a payment plan? How many of y’all got an apple phone?

a cheap ass 1st generation android won’t call the same?

Y’all stay shitting in black people for shit but don’t question Cac daddy for shit.

just don’t buy the shirt. You are not being forced. If you want one.....make ya own or get a cheaper one.

Aint that hard.

So somebody else sees it.

Nobody holding an iPhone in their hand should be complaining about this shit. Nobody with an iPad in their possession, Airpods in their ears, or a Mac anything at the crib should be complaining 'cause it's all elitist bullshit. Like @DOS_patos said, an Android phone don't make the same calls? Can't text on a $59 ZTE or something? Everybody that owns that shit did it because it's a flex, especially them garbage ass Airpods.

White man did it and it's ok. Steve Jobs and Tim Cook made y'all think you were special for having their overpriced second rate shit. An Escalade ain't shit but a Tahoe/Yukon with a Caddy grill on it and y'all niggas lose your fuckin minds for it, somehow you believe it's worth the extra $26K. But Tommey inks a deal with Gucci and he's a sellout??? Y'all niggas was bootlegging his shit to begin with. How many of y'all Philly niggas with a "Philly vs Everybody" joint actually copped it from the vsEverybody website? Or did you cop from the bodega at the corner or Ling's Beauty Supply? That man extended the line from Detroit to include other major cities and y'all niggas STILL bootlegging his shit.

Fuck outta here.

So if this man pairs up with Gucci for a limited edition version of his shit, so be it. Y'all muhfuckas wasn't even buying them from him in the first place, you damned sure ain't buying the more expensive joint. "Support Black businesses" unless Juan or Xaio bootlegs the Black man's product and sells it for the low-low.

fuckin hypocrites

So somebody else sees it.

Nobody holding an iPhone in their hand should be complaining about this shit. Nobody with an iPad in their possession, Airpods in their ears, or a Mac anything at the crib should be complaining 'cause it's all elitist bullshit. Like @DOS_patos said, an Android phone don't make the same calls? Can't text on a $59 ZTE or something? Everybody that owns that shit did it because it's a flex, especially them garbage ass Airpods.

White man did it and it's ok. Steve Jobs and Tim Cook made y'all think you were special for having their overpriced second rate shit. An Escalade ain't shit but a Tahoe/Yukon with a Caddy grill on it and y'all niggas lose your fuckin minds for it, somehow you believe it's worth the extra $26K. But Tommey inks a deal with Gucci and he's a sellout??? Y'all niggas was bootlegging his shit to begin with. How many of y'all Philly niggas with a "Philly vs Everybody" joint actually copped it from the vsEverybody website? Or did you cop from the bodega at the corner or Ling's Beauty Supply? That man extended the line from Detroit to include other major cities and y'all niggas STILL bootlegging his shit.

Fuck outta here.

So if this man pairs up with Gucci for a limited edition version of his shit, so be it. Y'all muhfuckas wasn't even buying them from him in the first place, you damned sure ain't buying the more expensive joint. "Support Black businesses" unless Juan or Xaio bootlegs the Black man's product and sells it for the low-low.

fuckin hypocrites
Right.

like we want our people to get it but don’t crossover or get too big. But then don’t support them so when they go broke we can clown them but if they try to feed their family and build generational shit....they wrong.
I seen too many times the always real niggas that end up broke or in a not so luxury position get clowned but not helped.

how many of our legends or “idols” or people who stood up for us died broke? Needing gofundme to pay for funerals because of lack of support.

if the shits outside ya tax bracket ...what we talking about

I don't really understand the anger or hatred over people doing stuff like this, but I also don't think black people should be buying that overpriced shit.

Now if white people or others are going to buy it to seem down, I'm not sure why we should fault the brotha for a little come up.

Back